S

sashaa

When I download the Mac version it says application can't be opened. Could anyone steer me in the right direction here? I have no idea how to fix this. I already have apps set to open from anywhere so that wouldn't be the problem.
I had the same problem. The fix for me was to use the terminal.
If you have any question or don't know what to do write me.
Just type terminal in the spotlight search.
Then you have to navigate with the terminal command "cd" to the folder where the app is located.
It looks like this (in my case):

cd Downloads/

And then you go into the app folder with cd:
Go into the app folder:
cd View_of_family.app/

And now change the permission of the folders:
(Warning: Do this only if your are sure you are in View_of_family.app folder,
you can check this with the command pwd:
It should print something like this:
/Users/yourUserName/Downloads/View_of_family.app
)
chmod -R 777 .

chmod is the command, -R means you want to do it recursive and the dot means
you want to it in this folder. 777 means everyone can read and write files in this folder and makes the files executable.
You can close the terminal window now.

Now you have to open the finder and navigate to the download folder.
Right click on View_of_family and then use the option "Show Package Contents".
Then open the folders Contents -> MacOS and there is a file View_of_family and then make a double click on that file.
Now the game will start.

Reactions: jesusraul007

markmaso

Jun 2, 2017
I had the same problem. The fix for me was to use the terminal.
If you have any question or don't know what to do write me.
Just type terminal in the spotlight search.
Then you have to navigate with the terminal command "cd" to the folder where the app is located.
It looks like this (in my case):

cd Downloads/

And then you go into the app folder with cd:
Go into the app folder:
cd View_of_family.app/

And now change the permission of the folders:
(Warning: Do this only if your are sure you are in View_of_family.app folder,
you can check this with the command pwd:
It should print something like this:
/Users/yourUserName/Downloads/View_of_family.app
)
chmod -R 777 .

chmod is the command, -R means you want to do it recursive and the dot means
you want to it in this folder. 777 means everyone can read and write files in this folder and makes the files executable.
You can close the terminal window now.

Now you have to open the finder and navigate to the download folder.
Right click on View_of_family and then use the option "Show Package Contents".
Then open the folders Contents -> MacOS and there is a file View_of_family and then make a double click on that file.
Now the game will start.
thanks ive been looking everywhere for a solution to that problem

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Update was pretty great. I love scene with Nina, she's very hot, and her story seems spicy, hope to see more of her. Caroline with waitress was crazy and totally unexpected. And of course long-awaited scenes with mom... Massage scene is just glorious. Julia still very interesting. She's definitely jealous of mom.

mandrakemg

Aug 20, 2016
chmod is the command, -R means you want to do it recursive and the dot means you want to it in this folder. 777 means everyone can read and write files in this folder and makes the files executable.
While this does work, it has the side effect of setting the entire application bundle as both world-executable and world-writable, which has some security implications. Actually, there are only two files that need to be modified, and they only need user-executable permissions in order for the app to launch properly.

First, you can use a shortcut in Terminal to the base folder by typing "cd " (with a trailing space) and then drag the .app file onto the Terminal window; that will insert the full path to the starting folder, resulting in something like "cd /Users/user/Downloads/View_of_family.app".

Second, you can modify the two files within the bundle via:
Code:
chmod u+x Contents/MacOS/View_of_family
and
Code:
chmod u+x Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/View_of_family
Then launch the application as before. This minimizes the changes to just the two scripts that launch the rest of the program, which don't need any permission elevation.

Reactions: handyman4567

berny

Jun 8, 2017
The game is developing nicely. It's still early but with a little time this could turn into a pretty good game.
My main complaint, aside from the lack of content, would be, that the game needs more polish, it plays, I don't know how to describe it, rough maybe.
First, a native english speaking translator would be great. There are worse translations, but it's still far from being enjoyable, and I'm saying that as someone who obviously isn't fluent in english either.
Then, the game needs a permanent display of the game time, it's incredibly annoying that you have to open your smartphone every time you want to check it. It's also very annoying that you don't know how long a certain action is going to take, yes, most take one hour, but not all of them. Also, a "wait an hour" button that is always accesible would be very helpful.

To conclude with a positive aspect, because I do think the game has potential, I really like the quest driven mechanic. Yes, there are repeatable actions, but the main focus of the developer clearly are the quests and that's great. Many comparable games with an "open world" and a time managing part are very repetitive, this one isn't (so far).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiren86 and enokard

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I agree the UI needs help. There's no excuse for not having the clock always on screen. That's just standard for these "life simulator" type games that play like the movie Groundhog Day. Also needs a "wait 1 hour" button or better yet a "wait until … " that pops up a clock face you can directly click the hour you want.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
the game didnt look that bad to me..
its correct game.

just boring to pass time everytime by wtaching tv or someshit again and again..

i think its a good game, i have see way more bad than this tbh. this one is at the line, good but not perfect

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Legs aren't supposed to do that!

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
Is this game finished?
Main goal is achieved, so, Will it be a continuation? If Yes, when we can expect it?
OP says this is supposed to be one in a series of three games, each one involving a different member of Kelly's family, so this game is probably close to complete and the story continues in the next game.

Reactions: dr FeelGood

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
OP says this is supposed to be one in a series of three games, each one involving a different member of Kelly's family, so this game is probably close to complete and the story continues in the next game.
I think you might be confusing this game with "Kelly's Family: Mother-in-Law" ( )... there's no-one called Kelly in this game.

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I think you might be confusing this game with "Kelly's Family: Mother-in-Law" ( )... there's no-one called Kelly in this game.
You're absolutely right. I replied to the wrong thread, my apologies.

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes