Tenn2017

Mar 9, 2018
I'm uploading two updates ("Rena 1.10" and "View of Family 0.2") but I won't add them to the OP. I got them via cboxera and both downloads had incorrect headers. I was able to extract and run them and they did run without issues. There were no malware nor viruses in those files. Then I compressed with 7zip and tested after compression and they're fine. But.. incorrect header from cboxera so I'm not 100% confident. Please test and let me know how it goes.
View of Family 0.2 filebox link -
Thanks JR81! Added to OP!
My comp isnt loading the page for the update

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Yeah, I usually do use yours, but something in his code keeps the black text with the gray drop shadow that makes it hard to read in most scenes. I should go in and edit his colors anyway as I'm not too fond of his color choices to begin with.
Thanks for telling me this. I haven't played this game since mid-January and it seems that it was before I made my transparency patch in February.
It looks like there's black color with grey outline set specifically to the character here, overriding global settings. This obviously needs an additional patch to remove character colors and outlines.
I'll take a look at it. :)

As I suspected, there was a specific color and outline set for the MC in script.rpy.
And I found a way to add game-specific settings to my patch, so I just added a fix for this little problem to my patch and released v2.4.
You can download it from my sig and give it a try.
For me it looks like this now and it should look the same for the unmodded v0.1.0:

patched.jpg

BTW, I'm thinking about creating a thread for my patch in the Tools & Tutorials section of the forum. I don't think that it deserves one, but it would make getting feedback from users a little more comfy.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman - and there's damned few of us left. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same black and grey as shown above for all text and not just the MC.
Wait... I'm running the patch from the OP... extracting the base files to a different directory...

Hmmm... that fixed all but the MC's, which is still black on my end from a fresh extract. I tried changing the color in your y_outline.rpy with no results in-game.

EDIT: I was loading from a save file. A fresh start gave the desired results in the base game.
A fresh start fixed the MC with the "fixed" file version, but all others are still using black... curiouser and curiouser.

Maybe a separate thread would be best to keep from cluttering this and possibly future game threads?

I'll try to do a compare with the fix files from the OP to see what was done there too, as I'm getting an auto-position with the cursor using the fix as well.
Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think I deserve it.

I just created a thread for my patch:

And I tested it again - extracted v0.1.0 from the original zip-file, added my patch and tried again. And it works for me.

As you said, it works for you after starting a new game and starting from your previous save messes it up. And I'm not sure where that color comes from. Even in the orginal game the text for MC isn't black nor gray but still white, just outline is different.

I'm just taking a wild guess that maybe you changed that color yourself via console at some point? In that case the change should be saved in the following save files and probably can't be overrided by any script files...

The only way to change it is via console again. Or by editing a save file (I'm not sure that would help and I don't know ATM how to edit the "log" in Ren'py save file zip manually)

Just type this in there after loading the game from an old save and its effect should be instant:

define y = DynamicCharacter("povname", color="#000080")

Reactions: muttdoggy

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for telling me this. I haven't played this game since mid-January and it seems that it was before I made my transparency patch in February.
It looks like there's black color with grey outline set specifically to the character here, overriding global settings. This obviously needs an additional patch to remove character colors and outlines.
I'll take a look at it. :)

As I suspected, there was a specific color and outline set for the MC in script.rpy.
And I found a way to add game-specific settings to my patch, so I just added a fix for this little problem to my patch and released v2.4.
You can download it from my sig and give it a try.
For me it looks like this now and it should look the same for the unmodded v0.1.0:

View attachment 92443

BTW, I'm thinking about creating a thread for my patch in the Tools & Tutorials section of the forum. I don't think that it deserves one, but it would make getting feedback from users a little more comfy.
It should go in the mods forum.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It should go in the mods forum.
I'm not sure about that. After all, it's not a mod for a single specific game as other mods in the game mods section seem to be, it's a general patch for any Ren'Py games there are. It's more like a tool for Ren'Py than a mod for a game, more like UnRen.bat than "Dr. Amana, Sexual Therapist: Bonus Content, Pick Player Name, and Fixes [v0.1]"
I also find it cumbersome to follow the rules of posting this patch to the game mods forum, since it isn't a game mod for a specific game.

And the development section is definitely not the right place for this.

But I'm not opposed to a relocation by a mod, should they consider the current location for the thread be incorrect. I just can not imagine a more suitable place for it.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I'm not sure about that. After all, it's not a mod for a single specific game as the all other mods in the game mods section seem to be, it's a general patch for any Ren'Py games there are. It's more like a tool for Ren'Py than a mod for a game, more like UnRen.bat than "Dr. Amana, Sexual Therapist: Bonus Content, Pick Player Name, and Fixes [v0.1]"

But I'm not opposed to a relocation by a mod, should they consider the current location for the thread be incorrect.
Yes, I thought it was a patch made specifically for this game, not a general RenPy game mod, which the posts after yours seem to make more clear.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@DeUglyOne and possible others who downloaded and used my patch of the v2.4 series - please download the new v2.4.1.1 version and replace the old one!

There was a critical error there that created a potential game crashing situation for any other game than View of Family with the patch v2.4 and with v2.4.1 for any other than View of Family or Dual Family.

Sorry for the mess!

May 31, 2017
where ur signature is from
View attachment 23532

Overview:
"View of family" is a pov, rpg game with some kind of open world... in perspective. A lot of quests will allow you to put yourself in this incredible adventures. You’ll assume the role of a ordinary 21 year guy... who lives a normal life and working as tutor. He lives with his sister Nicole and his mother Emily. Help him to seduce all women in this game!

Updated: 12/01/18
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 0.1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-log:

Fan-Made Fix:

<Downloads>
PC: - - - -
Extras: -

Thanks @Carlo S for walkthrough and @Kasey for sharing game.

View attachment 7545 View attachment 7546 View attachment 7547 View attachment 7548 View attachment 7549 View attachment 7550

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes