robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Im really surprised that more of his patrons havent left him yet. Yes, it sucks that he has seemingly been going through a ton of shit. But the patrons are the ones that are still paying him. After this much time without an update, it's hard for me to blame the dev for what people decide to do with their own money.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Mate, he is just pointing out, how the tags get issued on this forum.
Yep, I don't believe the game is coming out any time soon, if at all. I don't pledge to him, and wouldn't recommend for anybody else to either. My point was simply that based on how the tags for this site are applied, this doesn't qualify. Hell, teachers pets had to go dark for months before they finally gave it the abandoned tag, this guy just posted an update this week (whether you believe him or not is irrelevant to the point). So, unless the dev specifically says he is putting the project on hold to recover, the thread doesn't rate an updated tag.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Nobody should put so much trust in some dude, no matter how much you like what they do. Considering this guy all of a sudden said he had eye surgery 2 days before a scheduled release, and then conveniently was in the emergency room a couple days after posting, and decided to post a few days before he gets paid again (Wow what a coincidence there! It's almost like most people drop pledges right before the month ends and he knows it or something...) to tell people that he couldn't post for a month, it should be obvious that he's scamming

People need to look at customer service more. If somebody can't tell you what's going on, but (totally coincidentally!) makes up a story abbout why he couldn't right before you were gonna pay him again, you should go to someone else.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
Well shiiit. First things first.. if he's got one working eye, what's stopping him from working on the game??? All you lose is depth perception and there's TONS of artists out there who draw, model, paint, and even drive just fine with one eye. So if he's right, the question becomes.. why didn't he take advantage of the time to work on the game? FYI.. there's tricks you can do with monitors and lights to make it easy on your eyes.
True. Last update was 12/01/18. does that mean that for 7 months he has been unable to work but still is taking donations?

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
True. Last update was 12/01/18. does that mean that for 7 months he has been unable to work but still is taking donations?
He posted that update on tuesday, 3 days before he gets paid again. Think about it... He can't post anything for a month, yet a few days before pledges come in and suddenly he's online

May 3, 2017
I agree to the "on hold" tag. He is more likely not to continue working on the game at this point, unless he gains the eyesight, which is quite impossible according to him. It's sad. I really like his work so far.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Ok, this is just getting flat out stupid. I'm getting tired of my feed blowing up with the same nonsense. Guys, 2 things I'm going to point out, (yet again). First, none of us actually knows what the real story is with the guy. Maybe he is scamming his patrons, maybe he isn't & actually has been honest about whats going on. Frankly, I don't know & neither do any of you. For all we know, he might release a big update any day, & if he does, all the people screaming "HE'S SCAMMING! IT'S ABANDONED! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" will look all the more like impatient & entitled children. For 99% of you, whether the game gets updated or not is of ZERO consequence. I mean is the status of this game THAT big of a deal to you? You just can't go on with life unless this game is finished? How sad is that? How about you take a break from the computer, go outside, socialize with real people, maybe meet a real woman & maybe have some real sex instead of obsessing over a stupid game?

Secondly, the only people whom should be getting bent out of shape are the Patrons whom are actually donating to him, (which I do agree, the fact that he still bills per month is messed up). & for the few whom fit in that category, if your that irate & frustrated, stop pledging to him. For all the rest of you, since you don't have any financial skin in the game, please, just give it a rest. It's just a game. Find another game or go do something else. Constantly repeating the same hyperbolic chicken little bovine excrement is sad & gets old fast.

Reactions: Caligula

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
^^ @Demitrius p does have a point there, guys. Let's keep it to updates on marvel's "status" like quotes from his patreon and blogs.
Because several of you have pointed out Marvel's shortsightedness and the reason for posting it as "on hold", I'll bring this issue up to the other mods and see if we need to put an "on hold" prefix and specify it's because of Marvel's "medical issues". I or another mod will post here stating our decision. That decision will be final.
Hope we see eye-to-eye on this issue, now. :D

Reactions: Caligula and bas

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Ok, this is just getting flat out stupid. I'm getting tired of my feed blowing up with the same nonsense. Guys, 2 things I'm going to point out, (yet again). First, none of us actually knows what the real story is with the guy. Maybe he is scamming his patrons, maybe he isn't & actually has been honest about whats going on. Frankly, I don't know & neither do any of you. For all we know, he might release a big update any day, & if he does, all the people screaming "HE'S SCAMMING! IT'S ABANDONED! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" will look all the more like impatient & entitled children. For 99% of you, whether the game gets updated or not is of ZERO consequence. I mean is the status of this game THAT big of a deal to you? You just can't go on with life unless this game is finished? How sad is that? How about you take a break from the computer, go outside, socialize with real people, maybe meet a real woman & maybe have some real sex instead of obsessing over a stupid game?

Secondly, the only people whom should be getting bent out of shape are the Patrons whom are actually donating to him, (which I do agree, the fact that he still bills per month is messed up). & for the few whom fit in that category, if your that irate & frustrated, stop pledging to him. For all the rest of you, since you don't have any financial skin in the game, please, just give it a rest. It's just a game. Find another game or go do something else. Constantly repeating the same hyperbolic chicken little bovine excrement is sad & gets old fast.
Aren't you getting irate and frustrated about people getting irate and frustrated? Give it a rest :)

Reactions: January2015

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017

Just unwatch the thread and you're good to go if it irritates you to such a degree. People like to vent and since most of them aren't patrons this may be a place to go in case it's kept somewhat civil.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@Demitrius p - I was trying to merge your last 3 posts into one and accidentally created a new thread (me = dumbass) which I then deleted. Sorry man. I owe you $1M dollars and 3 Hawaiian islands

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I see there is a lot of scepticism and I can fully understand it but think about if you lost the sight in one eye, would you be bothering to work on a game or keeping the sweaty masses updated on it's progress? I know it's his job and people are giving him money for this so expect updates, but if I lost the sight in one eye and there was a risk I'd lose the other as well, a game would be very low on my list of priorities.

And it looks like his Patreon has updated to "per creation" now.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Maybe he needs help. I wonder if he's examined the possibility of hiring another content creator? But bigger question is - is there anything actually to this update? Is it all just fanmade bug fixes? What happened?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That feeling when you spend 35 minutes typing up an epic reply to the person annoyed by notifications giving sage advice to "go outside and get laid", just to check recent replies and see the thread has been officially moderated. :( It was a damn good read too!

From his Patreon 2 days ago: "I won't bore you with the details, but it was bad..."
Sorry man - my bad

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I'm not a Patreon supporter (for reasons other than this), so I'm actually curious about what's been going on. @Demitrius p is correct that the only people who are able to complain are the donators. So what do they feel? is their an actual donator than can offer their opinion???

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
Oh come on now. I mean it was just eye surgery after all. I mean it's not like it was anything major that could impede his productivity. I mean sure his vision is impaired but you don't need that to program a game right? (For the slow folks, that's a dig at the people whining that there hasn't been a recent update but are too lazy to do basic research like oh I dunno, checking any communication the dev might have posted about whats going on).
If it was a detached retina out could be months, if it was corrective lenses maybe a month.

Exen

Jun 2, 2017
From Patreon of Marvel

Okay guys, I understand that this will sound like excuse. I thought I'd finish the release before the 29th. The main reason why I wanted to be in time before the 29th is another operation on my eye. I now have two stitches in my eye. Therefore, it is hard for me to keep my eyes open( Literally. ).
And about donations ... This month I will not take money from you. I don't know if there is an option to disable donates. It will be very difficult for me to find this function due to the reasons described above. Even this post I write through tears)) In general, Just do not donate to me this month. I should feel better the other day and I will return to work. It's good that there is not much work left.

The same problems with my health... Just the day after my last post, I was taken to the emergency room. It was a month ago ... jeez. I won't bore you with the details, but it was bad... Really bad. Now I completely lost my sight on one eye. Without a chance to return it. And there is a big risk of complete blindness. So ... Yes, I don't have time for game right now. But there is always a but... Doctors said things were going to get better. And I feel much better. So, don't go far away, follow this page and wish me luck. I'll be back and soon)

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes