Axisforyou

Jan 2, 2019
Hey guys, I'm wondering how you fix the mall thing for the android? All solutions I see are for pc so if you could pls tell me how to fix.

Reactions: Naldoo

hironhiron

Nov 13, 2017
Haven't played this game since a very early version. I see that there's a modded version called 1.1.15 for a previous release and then there's the newer official 0.12 version.

Which version would you recommend I download and play?

Ulfgar

Jul 11, 2018
The game is completely bugged, there are missing files and options, so that you can't even start some quests. Can we hope in a debugged patch soon?

Aug 8, 2017
Be patient with this old man please.
Usually just ignore and/or give up when encounter a bug. But have seen so much of the 'Shift+o' assist, thought I'd give it a try. Of course.. when I tried, nothing happened. So did the 'goto renpy/common/00console.rpy - opened in notepad - changed the config.console = False to config.console = True' and, no surprise, now game won't even launch without error.
Is there maybe a space count I may have screwed up? Or certain software I need to open renpy files?
Or should I just do as usual, and say f*** it, and just wait and see if another update comes along.
Thanks in advance

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
For starters, that error message is usually highly informative and without seeing it it's quite impossible to say what the problem may be that you may have created there. So you better start from posting it here.

In case the game worked before you changed that file, I'm guessing that you made a syntax error there. Possibly a typo, like the one you did here. Ren'Py and other scripting languages aren't intelligent enough to ignore typos. True and True' aren't the same for example, neither are True and true. But we'll see after you show us that error message.

Reactions: CharmCityNative

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Be patient with this old man please.
Usually just ignore and/or give up when encounter a bug. But have seen so much of the 'Shift+o' assist, thought I'd give it a try. Of course.. when I tried, nothing happened. So did the 'goto renpy/common/00console.rpy - opened in notepad - changed the config.console = False to config.console = True' and, no surprise, now game won't even launch without error.
Is there maybe a space count I may have screwed up? Or certain software I need to open renpy files?
Or should I just do as usual, and say f*** it, and just wait and see if another update comes along.
Thanks in advance
For starters, that error message is usually highly informative and without seeing it it's quite impossible to say what the problem may be that you may have created there. So you better start from posting it here.

In case the game worked before you changed that file, I'm guessing that you made a syntax error there. Possibly a typo, like the one you did here. Ren'Py and other scripting languages aren't intelligent enough to ignore typos. True and True' aren't the same for example, neither are True and true. But we'll see after you show us that error message.
Betcha what happened was when he changed "False" to "True", he also deleted the return character, so what was 2 lines became 1 line.

Best thing to do to turn on the console is to use unren.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Betcha what happened was when he changed "False" to "True", he also deleted the return character, so what was 2 lines became 1 line.
Totally possible, but can't be sure until we've seen the error message.
Best thing to do to turn on the console is to use unren.
I totally agree, especially for people who have no idea what they're doing.

On Windows PC-s would be the obvious choice, with the benefits of being able to extract archives with all the images and scripts in them, even if the word "decompiling" has no meaning to its user.
Mac and Linux people can try its with the same functionality, that you've been maintaining.

In this case though, there's a problem to fix first. The obvious for me would be reading that error message and then fix that rpy file, but for him may be easier to extract that file from the downloaded game archive and replace the modified file with the original. And then use unren, instead of making his hands dirty with a little text replacement.

Aug 8, 2017
For PenfoldMole and goobdoob.
Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it. Yes, I realize I should have logged the initial error screen I got. But I screwed up and (falsely) assumed I could fix it all by myself without having to ask for help. After that snafu, I started getting different errors, and couldn't reproduce the original error that most likely had the intel you needed to see. I'm leaning towards the probability I deleted more from the line than I should have, and then screwed it even more by trying to 'fix' what I couldn't remember I changed.
I went ahead and re-downloaded the game. And will try to reproduce my original error first chance I get. Apologies, as it may take me quite some time. Unexpectantly got a bunch of real life crap to take care of this week, so funtime has to take a back seat for awhile.. but I'll be back, and will keep track of and post (hopefully) whatever error logs I will undoubtably produce.
Thanks again for doing your best without having the proper info you needed.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
For PenfoldMole and goobdoob.
Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it. Yes, I realize I should have logged the initial error screen I got. But I screwed up and (falsely) assumed I could fix it all by myself without having to ask for help. After that snafu, I started getting different errors, and couldn't reproduce the original error that most likely had the intel you needed to see. I'm leaning towards the probability I deleted more from the line than I should have, and then screwed it even more by trying to 'fix' what I couldn't remember I changed.
I went ahead and re-downloaded the game. And will try to reproduce my original error first chance I get. Apologies, as it may take me quite some time. Unexpectantly got a bunch of real life crap to take care of this week, so funtime has to take a back seat for awhile.. but I'll be back, and will keep track of and post (hopefully) whatever error logs I will undoubtably produce.
Thanks again for doing your best without having the proper info you needed.
I hear you about the real life crap.

I strongly suggest using unren instead of manually editing stuff. Once I found the Mac version I started using it exclusively, and I'm a programmer, so editing stuff like this is 2nd nature to me.

Reactions: numanumani
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes