3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Checked the FPS and it says I average at 5.7 (Running Win x64). How do I increase FPS for this game?
That's a very low FPS, make sure you have Visual C++ Redist 2017 and 2015 installed (required by almost every 3D game). If you have a very old PC press ESC -> Settings, set the grass intensity to the minimum and turn off shadows.

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
There may be something wrong with the linux build. Every time I try to run it, I get an error: "There is no data folder."

There very much is a data folder, in the same directory as the executable.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
There may be something wrong with the linux build. Every time I try to run it, I get an error: "There is no data folder."

There very much is a data folder, in the same directory as the executable.
Did you unzip the file?

d-e-vane

Feb 14, 2018
Yup. The contents are in a new directory which contains:

Code:
Viking's Daughter.x86_64  (executable)
Viking's Daughter_Data    (data subdirectory)
I have to mark the file as executable (chmod +x) after extraction, not a big deal.

Trying to execute the file gives me this:

Code:
Set current directory to /home/REDACTED/downloads/tmp/Viking's Daughter v1.9.1 Linux
Found path: /home/REDACTED/downloads/tmp/Viking's Daughter v1.9.1 Linux/Viking's Daughter.x86_64
no boot config - using default values

(Filename:  Line: 403)

There is no data folder
I tried 'emulating' the windows build in Wine and that almost worked, until I got to the "explore the village" button, which freezes everything up. Oh well.

If it's relevant, the md5sum for the linux build I downloaded (Viking's Daughter v1.9.1 Linux Hotfix.zip) is 205deafc96aeb47fd6ed6a058af74c28.

Last edited:

LossRaca

May 27, 2017
i still need to look deeper into it, but i think the style in the header are looking far better than the screenshots, maybe i simply like the drawn style more than the pseudo realistic

Reactions: Count_Chocula
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes