3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Thank you for the hint, but in my opinion it is necessary at least to unpack and run the game before you upload it?!!
There are tests that automatically run after every build and if one fails, we know that something is wrong and have to check the game, in this case all tests have passed successfully, because they didn't check the folder name (well now they do).

Reactions: Nulldev

lotar3412

Jul 8, 2020
It works just fine with other .zip archives including the previous version of this game, so I don't think it's bugged. Maybe lacking some functionality, I guess.
OK, I think now the matter is closed and there is no point in discussing it further.
It's likely reached a 4g limit of the info-zip based tools.

"jar -xf filename.zip" is an alternative for files like these if you have any issues with 7zip.

The Warden

Jun 25, 2017
"We have added more character AI behaviors" ... Be canny.! if th' ai comes tae th' real lee, then th' vikings awa' an' bile yer heid a' .

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
It's likely reached a 4g limit of the info-zip based tools.

"jar -xf filename.zip" is an alternative for files like these if you have any issues with 7zip.
Well, I've got some zip archives larger than 4 GB, and File Roller doesn't have any issues with them.
Anyways there's a GUI utility that can handle this game - PeaZip. I suppose it doesn't use the system archivers at all.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Well, I've got some zip archives larger than 4 GB, and File Roller doesn't have any issues with them.
Anyways there's a GUI utility that can handle this game - PeaZip. I suppose it doesn't use the system archivers at all.
I believe the 4GB limit is only if you compress using the original ZIP algorithm (deflate). If you use deflate64, bzip2, lzma or ppmd then there is no such limit (it is in the exabyte range).

Reactions: johnelros

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
If you combat a wolf with the sword, you risk going thru the terrain and end up being stuck between terrain and water.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
If you combat a wolf with the sword, you risk going thru the terrain and end up being stuck between terrain and water.
Im investigating this issue, for now you can "walk" under the terrain until you reach the beach and then get out. If it doesn't work try going to deeper ocean areas and then coming back to the shores.

Kidd21

Aug 21, 2017
What about when you start a new game? Also, make sure to update your GPU drivers before playing.
I tried Playground mode and new game, both are working fine. I found this error in crash report

igc64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I tried Playground mode and new game, both are working fine. I found this error in crash report

igc64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
What is the difference between a new game and your loaded save, did you save in a different scene than the first island? Can you start a new game and save right away then try to load that to see if it crashes?

Kidd21

Aug 21, 2017
Thank you,

Finally got system to work, updated graphic driver and it made things worse would crash at menu screen, did a few changes like compatibility etc no result, finally updated all remaining drivers, its working now can load save.

Reactions: flyRenders

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Thank you,

Finally got system to work, updated graphic driver and it made things worse would crash at menu screen, did a few changes like compatibility etc no result, finally updated all remaining drivers, its working now can load save.
Glad to know you got it working. Can you share which drivers you have updated, so I know what to recommend if other people get similar problems?

Kidd21

Aug 21, 2017
After graphic driver update i tried to run it in compatibility mode (windows 7) and run as admin, still faced problems
later updated all system drivers. chipset, Intel management engine, audio, and storage.
(all old drivers were directly installed through windows update, new ones i downloaded from manufacturers website and for graphics downloaded directly from intel)

Reactions: flyRenders
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes