3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
I tried to download the linux version ( 0.23.0, downloaded from mega and nopy ), but couldn't unpack the archives. At first glance it seems the files are corrupted. Has anyone else problems with the linux downloads?
Yeah, I've got that as well:
Code:
$ unzip Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip
Archive:  Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip
warning [Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip]:  111283406 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip]:  start of central directory not found;
  zipfile corrupt.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I tried to download the linux version ( 0.23.0, downloaded from mega and nopy ), but couldn't unpack the archives. At first glance it seems the files are corrupted. Has anyone else problems with the linux downloads?

Yeah, I've got that as well:
Code:
$ unzip Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip
Archive:  Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip
warning [Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip]:  111283406 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [Vikings_Daughter_v0.23.0_Viking_Linux.zip]:  start of central directory not found;
  zipfile corrupt.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

Please download 7-Zip and use it for this archive.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Please download 7-Zip and use it for this archive.
OK, 7zip has its job done, but I still don't get why File-Roller can't open this particular file while having no issues with other .7z archives.

Last edited:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
OK, 7zip has its job done, but I still don't get why File-Roller can't open this particular file while having no issues with other .7z archives.
File-Roller is just gtk frontend. It uses unzip for .zip archives, and 7-zip for .7z archives (This game was packed as .zip archive, not as .7z). Probabbly you use outdated unzip.

Reactions: flyRenders

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I'm aware.

Only if is outdated.
Well, it's not outdated, but for some reason it is bugged. I haven't used Arch for some time, but maybe there is a package in Aur? Or just use 7zip for time being. :)

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Well, it's not outdated, but for some reason it is bugged. I haven't used Arch for some time, but maybe there is a package in Aur? Or just use 7zip for time being. :)
It works just fine with other .zip archives including the previous version of this game, so I don't think it's bugged. Maybe lacking some functionality, I guess.
OK, I think now the matter is closed and there is no point in discussing it further.

Last edited:

JudasTheUG

Mar 4, 2020
Well there is few things wrong that i can call bug.
first hilde did not get inside hot springs if i caught her too soon(played 3 times all over because i am an idiot who saves constantly because i think i will broke the game :D ).
alsoin hilde training hilde did not fight just stood there for 45 seconds then mission was a success :D
second it is time to sail i talk to astri and she says go talk to hilde and avilda then avilda says the same dialog from the early morning and asks me to go talk hilde(this happend twice couldn't solve what did i do wrong to get stuck while other people passed this).
so if you anyone could help out i appriciate it.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Corrupt download from Nopy.
7z : CRC failed . . . data.unity3d
Win 10 : Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
Ran decompression twice, same result.

Rodgor14

Feb 5, 2018
Why I download Win: - NOPY version vikings_daughter_v0. 24. 0_viking_-_win_x64, and when I unpack it I get-Vikings Daughter v0.23.0 Viking - Win x64. So what version is posted???

Rodgor14

Feb 5, 2018
I don't know, it's been more than 3 hours, and no body movements have occurred, it would not hurt to at least remove the broken links

Rodgor14

Feb 5, 2018
What the... there is no working link for win. flyRenders, maybe it's time to wake up and answer for your hand...

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Well it's possible they forgot to update either file names or in-game info (again). Linux version is fine. Except I don't understand why the fuck it wants to allocate like 12GB VRAM every time which I don't have so then it tries to use RAM instead and then it have to use SWAP and it's quite slow because of that.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
What the... there is no working link for win. flyRenders, maybe it's time to wake up and answer for your hand...
Open the game, look at the bottom right corner, if it says v0.24.0 then its v0.24.0. We use scripts to automatically build, zip and upload to MEGA. This time there was a problem with renaming on windows so the old name was kept, but if its v0.24.0 in game then you are playing the newest.

Rodgor14

Feb 5, 2018
Thank you for the hint, but in my opinion it is necessary at least to unpack and run the game before you upload it?!!

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes