VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
I think the game will never take off (even so it has great potential), the update frequency (and the amount of content in them) is just not great.

I dont really follow this thread so maybe the dev just makes the game for fun and not with the target of turing it into a 'job'.

Reactions: Huitieme

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the game will never take off (even so it has great potential), the update frequency (and the amount of content in them) is just not great.

I dont really follow this thread so maybe the dev just makes the game for fun and not with the target of turing it into a 'job'.
You are right in that last assumption. Pretty sure Huity is not looking at turning it into a job at the moment and is just a fun hobby when he has time. Only he can say for sure though.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Well, you've summed it up, I can't just spend that much time on it since I have other social and professional obligations that do prevent me from turning game making into a job.

I'm fully conscious that updates take longer than usual and I simply hope that when they do come out, people have fun with the game :)

F1forhalp

SOTD: Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I'd say high quality goes far and above update speed. You caught my attention at least so I'm more than happy to wait for a new update.

I'm looking forwards to it that is for sure
so true. i do follow some other games that started years ago and aren't finished, they all see different update speeds in content and/or game progress. some like this, with the time it takes to render stuff, i don't argue about speed. there's always another game to check.. if i even find the time for that. there's also real life.

215303j

Aha, a thinking face from Huiti. :)
Good idea eh, mate? Wonder why nobody thought of this before!

• Haha

ArCHiS

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2020
Ground control to major Huitieme ? Ground control to major Huitieme ? :p
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on..

So? got any news or teaser pics to share with yer fellow pervikings ? :p:cry:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Ground control to major Huitieme ? Ground control to major Huitieme ? :p
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on..

So? got any news or teaser pics to share with yer fellow pervikings ? :p:cry:
♪ This is Major Huit to Ground Control, planet Viking is blue and there's something I can do! ♫

I've been quite unhappy of late with the lighting. It did work well (I hope) during Gudrid's part development, but in Freyfrey's path, there's something off...

c1finter_ship4k.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
LOVE HER !! But why is the graphic-quality so low? preview?
Really cool dress! Only problem I see is with that boob crunch thingy whatyacallit in front.
Oh no, it's not a preview or anything, just a bit of fun. I recently got the Viking Handmaiden outfit and wanted to try it on Freyfrey. The whole scene took 5 minutes to pose without any real preparation.

In the end, while I do like it, I don't think I'll use this outfit in the game, at least not for Freydis.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
After months of battling with the sunlight (that's a good name for a band :p), I think I finally found a way to have a good sunset ambiance. Just so you know, I won't be remaking all the other renders, or with my speed, this update would never be out :/
c1finter_brinnie1c.png

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
After months of battling with the sunlight (that's a good name for a band :p), I think I finally found a way to have a good sunset ambiance. Just so you know, I won't be remaking all the other renders, or with my speed, this update would never be out :/
View attachment 857273
My favorite character, after MC of course XD. I hope there will be more intresting action with that person in the future, like fighting, drinking, crushing enemies and make their woman cry :D Can we expected next update in this year?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Can we expected next update in this year?
I'm doing all I can to release by the end of this month. I know this sentence sounds really familiar by now, but I've taken a week off work to focus on this update!

To be honest, I would like to finish chapter 1 by the end of the year, but the next events will ask a lot on the technical side...

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
View attachment 857273
MC's Dialogue.

Hello there Viking, has anyone ever told you, that you got a purty mouth?

Viking now side-eyes MC.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes