VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, actually, I kinda like her black eyebrows (could be a rock band name!)
lol
Then, that color ain't natural! :whistle:

There's no bleach, no chlorine in their pools... lol she's a spy!!! XD
That reminds me of a Song of Ice and Fire based game. The developer explained that they decided to go with Emily Clarke's dark eyebrows because it was what many people were used to for Daenerys Targaryen.
That makes me really sad... lol

Reactions: rKnight

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Nahh, I don't know what you're talking about, blondes can definitely have dark eyebrows. I mean, look at men's facial hair (which is more akin to eyebrows than it is to the hair atop your head) and how its colour can vary from the rest of your body, or even the phrase "does the carpet match the drapes?" for an example of how hair on different parts of the body can differ.

Hell, I have blonde hair on top of my head and at the back, while the sides are nearly black. I remember being extremely confused this one time a women asked why I dyed my hair like that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Nahh, I don't know what you're talking about, blondes can definitely have dark eyebrows. I mean, look at men's facial hair (which is more akin to eyebrows than it is to the hair atop your head) and how its colour can vary from the rest of your body, or even the phrase "does the carpet match the drapes?" for an example of how hair on different parts of the body can differ.

Hell, I have blonde hair on top of my head and at the back, while the sides are nearly black. I remember being extremely confused this one time a women asked why I dyed my hair like that.
Darker? Of course, that is a given. Black? Not bloody likely. At least not without a lot of sun or chemicals. And if it is the sun, then the roots (or under layers) will be dark.
Or, you will be like me, with a mix of a bunch of layers and colors.

The 'does the carpet match the drapes' question is specifically about 'did you bleach or dye your hair', that's the whole point of it.
Better?
View attachment 1204419
Or maybe as Freydis' little sister (she's not)
View attachment 1204441
Much, but of course you already know, all other things the same, I will always vote for the redhead over the blond. :sneaky:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
lol
Then, that color ain't natural! :whistle:

There's no bleach, no chlorine in their pools... lol she's a spy!!! XD

That makes me really sad... lol
There is actually records of bleaching and dying hair as far back as the egyptians.

I was about to say that Freydis would be the real outlier there as a redhead Norsewoman but I found this article

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Darker? Of course, that is a given. Black? Not bloody likely.
I mean, extremes do exist. Just look at André the Giant, or master contortionists. A localized excess of melanin is hardly noteworthy, I think.

The 'does the carpet match the drapes' question is specifically about 'did you bleach or dye your hair', that's the whole point of it.
Nahh, that's a needlessly specific definition IMO.

There is actually records of bleaching and dying hair as far back as the egyptians.

I was about to say that Freydis would be the real outlier there as a redhead Norsewoman but I found this article
Man, I had a vague recollection of something like that, should have just Googled.

Boy, Google sure is great when you feel the need to be a smart-ass, huh?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Deny it all you like, but that IS the definition of the idiom.
!
Sure, but you have one that says nothing about dyes, so... I dunno, shrug, I guess? features both versions too, so this is kind of a silly argument anyway IMO. Language changes over time (even over the course of our lifetime), and to me it's more important that one clarifies the definition one is using so that everyone can communicate on the same page, rather than asserting a correct definition (especially when the "correct" usage doesn't exclude the other).

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The question of whether a person has that color naturally or has altered their head hair is a basic implication of the phrase, even if a definition doesn't explicitly mention bleach or dye. It presumes that the reader knows how hair color is altered. I amused by the way James Bond addressed the issue when Tiffany Case (Jill St. John) appeared with different colored hair every time they met.
James Bond: Weren't you a blonde when I came in?
Tiffany Case: Could be.
James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette.
Tiffany Case: Which do you prefer?
James Bond: Well, as long as the collar and cuffs match.
Tiffany Case: We'll talk about that later.

Reactions: Nulldev

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I mean, furs have been strewn around rooms for a long time, floors get really cold over here in winter. Hell, I would be surprised if that didn't include bear skins.
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same kind of carpets here. :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes