VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes
D

Deleted member 1371216

My review got deleted so I will add a little comment here. There's basically 15 minutes of gameplay for each path, in total game has a bit of kissing and that's it. Expected more from a game started in 2019 but ofc I understand this is a hobby and not a job. Overall renders are amazing especially the girls on the warrior path but can't say I'm impressed with the secondary girls on the other ship.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rick87 and Ghostly

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
My review got deleted so I will add a little comment here. There's basically 15 minutes of gameplay for each path, in total game has a bit of kissing and that's it. Expected more from a game started in 2019 but ofc I understand this is a hobby and not a job. Overall renders are amazing especially the girls on the warrior path but can't say I'm impressed with the secondary girls on the other ship.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From what I understand, your review was taken out for sounding like a lot of whining about not having content that wasn't announced to begin with. Now, I didn't get to read it, so I won't comment on it, but I can reply to this post.
About slowness of development, I have no excuse. Reasons I have aplenty though, but as you guessed it, this is mainly a hobby for me (albeit one I do love) and real life often gets in the way. To be totally honnest with y'all, the months of april and may can be completely written off as I did almost no progress on the update. Which is why I paused the patreon pledges.

Regarding the sex now, the update I'm working on will have a few sexy scenes, but nothing much. This will mark the end of Chapter 1. The very next update after that will feature sex acts aplenty, it was always planned this way (ewcept for the slowness) and I hope everyone will be content to have waited this long :)

D

Deleted member 1371216

From what I understand, your review was taken out for sounding like a lot of whining about not having content that wasn't announced to begin with. Now, I didn't get to read it, so I won't comment on it, but I can reply to this post.
About slowness of development, I have no excuse. Reasons I have aplenty though, but as you guessed it, this is mainly a hobby for me (albeit one I do love) and real life often gets in the way. To be totally honnest with y'all, the months of april and may can be completely written off as I did almost no progress on the update. Which is why I paused the patreon pledges.

Regarding the sex now, the update I'm working on will have a few sexy scenes, but nothing much. This will mark the end of Chapter 1. The very next update after that will feature sex acts aplenty, it was always planned this way (ewcept for the slowness) and I hope everyone will be content to have waited this long :)
I don't demand or expect anything from devs, people are free to do whatever they want and that would be egocentric af. You can make this game without including anything sexual. That's fine by me, at most I would just write a review. I should've noticed the lack of tags but I stopped checking them because they're misleading for the most part. I saw the date it was first posted, hundred pages of discussion, good reviews, gorgeous previews and disappointed with the amount of content.

Tbh my review deserved to be deleted I just talked off topic and said no sex at the end.

As a sidenote I thought 0.1.8 meant it released as 0.1 then it got 8 updates. Just saw it meant 80% of the first chapter.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
With the alpha of Unreal Engine 5, I am expecting a full remake of the game in it and some sexy viking ship renders with that nanite technology Huiti, since it is already gonna be Unreal 6 by the time it finishes. (This is sarcasm for those unaware)

With all that is happening this last year, I think we can forgive a snail's pace in dev instead of your usual slug's pace. Take care of yourself Huiti.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
What is the menu song?
My brain is quite twisted. Instead of interpreting it as "The song played while in the menu," I turned it into a request for the Menu Song:
Lovely Menu! Wonderful Menu!
Lovely Menu! Wonderful Menu!
Menu
Menu
Menu
Menu
Semi-on-topic because Vikings were in the Monty Python Skit. ;)

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes