VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Hi MinShuu, first of all, thank you for your respectful tone. You (and by that, I mean all of you) deserve an equally respectful answer.

I've been removing/changing a few things from the already existing game. Nothing major in itself, but I want to give players more scenes in one playthrough, so I've changed some of the exclusive choices to be succeeding scenes. It seemed necessary for as many players as possible to enjoy the future scenes. This is just some coding and "rewriting the past" instead of "writing the future", so I'll leave it at that for now (just know that every player should start from the beginning again, sorry).

Regarding the true next update, I haven't progressed for months. The reason behind that, and this shall be one of the very rare peek at my personal life, the company I'm working for has been merging with another one, and the amount of work given to me simply doubled. Add to this the fact that I'm currently buying a house that needs quite the renovation work, and you'll get why I've been so silent.

Now, the better side of this news. I don't know when the next update will be out, but what I do know is what will be inside. At first, I wanted to only finish chapter 1 at a key point, but it amounted to only a few teasing scenes, and I think y'all deserve better. So now, I know that what I want to release is the start of chapter 2 as well, meaning that there WILL be sex in the next release. Also, this game will never be abandoned until you get to fuck the tiger love the ginger, this is a man's word!
Having too much work and buying a house sounds like one of the better reasons why development doesn't proceed. :)
But renovating a house sounds scary.
Today my wife asked me to fix a loose toilet paper holder. Tasks like that or changing a light bulb are always a nightmare for me.

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Hi MinShuu, first of all, thank you for your respectful tone. You (and by that, I mean all of you) deserve an equally respectful answer.

I've been removing/changing a few things from the already existing game. Nothing major in itself, but I want to give players more scenes in one playthrough, so I've changed some of the exclusive choices to be succeeding scenes. It seemed necessary for as many players as possible to enjoy the future scenes. This is just some coding and "rewriting the past" instead of "writing the future", so I'll leave it at that for now (just know that every player should start from the beginning again, sorry).

Regarding the true next update, I haven't progressed for months. The reason behind that, and this shall be one of the very rare peek at my personal life, the company I'm working for has been merging with another one, and the amount of work given to me simply doubled. Add to this the fact that I'm currently buying a house that needs quite the renovation work, and you'll get why I've been so silent.

Now, the better side of this news. I don't know when the next update will be out, but what I do know is what will be inside. At first, I wanted to only finish chapter 1 at a key point, but it amounted to only a few teasing scenes, and I think y'all deserve better. So now, I know that what I want to release is the start of chapter 2 as well, meaning that there WILL be sex in the next release. Also, this game will never be abandoned until you get to fuck the tiger love the ginger, this is a man's word!
Awesome! :giggle:
Patiently waiting for Frey Frey.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
@Huitieme

As you are not working at an update since a year now and not planning to contiune in the next weeks, Iwould really recommend to set the status of the game at least to on hold /paused.
Everything esle would be misleading as well as keeping patreon open for payments...
The "On Hold" tag is already here, and for a while now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
@Huitieme

As you are not working at an update since a year now and not planning to contiune in the next weeks, Iwould really recommend to set the status of the game at least to on hold /paused.
Everything esle would be misleading as well as keeping patreon open for payments...
Thank you for your advice, concerned citizen. The game has been tagged as "on hold" for a few months already and I've disabled patreon payment since last summer (apart from on mistake last month, but I offered to pay back anyone who would ask to).

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
question yall. is there nothing past the part after frey and thor have an argument and she rest her head on MC shoulder? cause thats all im getting to

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
Oof been a while since I visited this page. Sad its still on hold when it comes to release, but I'm happy to wait. I have elden ring, ff14 and warframe to keep me addicted for months till this comes xD

Reactions: Huitieme
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes