VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I assume you're referring to ? It happens to be a post in which he specifically says, "Also, this game will never be abandoned until you get to fuck the tiger love the ginger, this is a man's word!" Please tell me how this translates into the game being abandoned? I'll give you "on break", but he very specifically says it will not be abandoned — at least not until there is sex with the ginger warrior.

The word critical doesn't always mean what you imply. I wasn't saying you were being a jerk or anything; I was using it to mean "suggesting something is in or approaching a state of crisis". This game is not at that point as you suggest. It's always possible things have changed, but based on the dev's own words, this is not in any kind of state of crisis (which here would translate to being abandoned).

Your point about the other games having "A LOT more content than this game does" fails to address the point I made: not all developers are in the same boat. Huitieme's circumstances are not the same as Ocean's, which are not the same as Venus Waltz', and so on. Given your failure to read Huitieme's post correctly, though, I can see how you'd also read my post incorrectly. You're entitled to your own opinion, and that's fine. I'm entitled to disagree with you and think your arguments are paper tearing in the wind. That is all; facepalm me all you want.
YOU are the one who obviously failed to read my comment, which is ironic. I literally said "one of his patreon post's from last year". That one you linked is from March THIS year. is the post I am talking about.

Again, you seem to be taking my initial comment awfully at heart, making all sorts of comparisons and points that aren't necessary. Literally nothing I said is wrong. If you are so certain that this game isn't abandoned, why not argue your case with the F95 staff who seem to think this game was deserving of the abandoned status? I am done here, have a nice day.

Last edited:

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
The "abandoned" tag is something that get's slapped on automatically if a game does not get an update within a certain amount of time.

It has nothing to do with actual development status.
This is false, it has everything to do with development status...that is literally the entire point and you contradicted yourself in your message.

You : "The "abandoned" tag is something that get's slapped on automatically if a game does not get an update within a certain amount of time"

Also you :
"It has nothing to do with actual development status."

It doesn't just automatically get slapped on, it's a staff decision, at least in the vast majority of cases. Why everyone is super defensive about this particular game is a bit weird to me. The game hasn't been updated in almost 2 years, and there has been no update from the developer in 5 months. That seems like perfectly fair grounds to be marked as abandoned as far as I am concerned. The developer has an account on here even, if this isn't abandoned it doesn't take much time to come here and make a post stating otherwise.

Either way, I am abandoning this thread now. Not interested in talking to people who refuse to see any valid point of views and counter every logical thing I say with false or irrelevant statements. Peace.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
They have to not hear any progress from the dev in over 6 months now.
It seems that just hearing from the dev isn't enough. See the Patronus thread for example. The dev even posted updates on Discord but without sharing them here without losing abandoned status. That was lifted only after the update was posted here.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
It seems that just hearing from the dev isn't enough. See the Patronus thread for example. The dev even posted updates on Discord but without sharing them here without losing abandoned status. That was lifted only after the update was posted here.
because hearing is nothing. it's just talks. if thread is labeled abandoned for lack of updates on patreon and/or discord/f95, it will stay abandoned until next update. Thats simple rule, i don't know what are you all raging about for 2nd day

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Is is a staff decision that automatically happens after a certain timespan, and technically, it doesn't actually reflect the actual development status. Since nobody, including F95, really know if the developer has abandoned the game or not.

However, all of that is a moot point. Going 18 months between updates and even more so that Huitieme has vanished for the past several months, lead to the obvious conclusion that either 1) This is pretty much abandoned or 2) This isn't actually abandoned, but it takes so long to update that it'll never be completed. Which to me, is functionally the same thing as being abandoned.

You guys are arguing over technicalities.

This game always had super slow update cycles. We barely got out of the introduction, if we did at all. It was always going to be a huge challenge for Huitieme to have consistent update cycles and especially to complete this game. And now, it appears that'll ever happen.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, they have to talk about working on the game. Show a modicum of progress. It used to be 3 months, but they got more lenient with the onset of the pandemic, and everything else going wrong right now.
And no, updates are not the only thing that prevents the tag, but if you do get it, then yes, usually only putting out an update will remove it. Even then, you need to petition for it, I have seen many games update, and still have it marked as abandoned until that all gets sorted out.

Reactions: The D0n and Yngling

F1forhalp

SOTD: Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
No, they have to talk about working on the game. Show a modicum of progress. It used to be 3 months, but they got more lenient with the onset of the pandemic, and everything else going wrong right now.

And no, updates are not the only thing that prevents the tag, but if you do get it, then yes, usually only putting out an update will remove it. Even then, you need to petition for it, I have seen many games update, and still have it marked as abandoned until that all gets sorted out.
there is actually a description for the conditions to be met, for each tag.. had it quite a while ago, for [abandoned] it's like, if {nothing about update} -and- {nothing from dev} -and- {somethingsomething i forgot} if all conditions are met, a thread gets the tag. it's several. really been a while when i was reading it up, i might search for tags again when i feel the need hrhr..

anon8525

Mar 26, 2021
there is actually a description for the conditions to be met, for each tag.. had it quite a while ago, for [abandoned] it's like, if {nothing about update} -and- {nothing from dev} -and- {somethingsomething i forgot} if all conditions are met, a thread gets the tag. it's several. really been a while when i was reading it up, i might search for tags again when i feel the need hrhr..
you mean this?:
Prefix Definitions:
Visual novel:
Focus on story, minimal choice:text ratio, vast majority of choices are dialogue based, minimal player input.
Non VN: Open world/sandbox, lots of choices available, navigation-based gameplay, may require grinding to progress.
Completed: The game has been confirmed by the developer to be completed, and no further updates are expected.
Onhold: The game has been confirmed to be on hold by the developer.
Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
you mean this?:
Prefix Definitions:
Visual novel:
Focus on story, minimal choice:text ratio, vast majority of choices are dialogue based, minimal player input.
Non VN: Open world/sandbox, lots of choices available, navigation-based gameplay, may require grinding to progress.
Completed: The game has been confirmed by the developer to be completed, and no further updates are expected.
Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.
Again, they changed that a while back, due to all the problems going on right now, it is now currently 6 months.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
you mean this?:
Prefix Definitions:
Visual novel:
yes that's part of it, but iirc there was more, about tags. like i said, been a while.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Andeddo I'd remove or edit my post if I were you since I reported the other post and it got deleted. I didn't report you since you were attacked but you did still insult him so it might get moderated.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
Andeddo I'd remove or edit my post if I were you since I reported the other post and it got deleted. I didn't report you since you were attacked but you did still insult him so it might get moderated.
oh, for the love of god
i already got warned today
thanks?

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
oh, for the love of god
i already got warned today
thanks?
I'm not sure if that question mark was implying something but I have nothing to do with your previous report. Now if it was because you replied harshly to an attack I'd suggest just reporting anyone that throws insults as it's the quickest way to deal with them. Throwing insults back is just playing their game and can get you in trouble.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
I'm not sure if that question mark was implying something but I have nothing to do with your previous report. Now if it was because you replied harshly to an attack I'd suggest just reporting anyone that throws insults as it's the quickest way to deal with them. Throwing insults back is just playing their game and can get you in trouble.
oh, no, i don't mean anything against you
previous report on me, thats i know
question mark was in place, as i didn't think it was neccessary to report something like that
and as someone who gets reported weekly, as my messages gets deleted a lot, i dislike this feature
as most of the time, it's just used by people who either dislike heard points or critique in their address
or if you bring up alternative examples and providing alternative views, etc
well, as i said, my messages gets delete a lot, sometimes just, sometimes - through random report
and sometimes it doesn't even feels like forum with pirate content and lewd games, but like exclusive club for well-known members and donors

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Reports aren't a necessity per se but since the first rule of the forum is " Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not " anytime someone insult users you can report them and imho it's a cleaner way of dealing with them than replying.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
Reports aren't a necessity per se but since the first rule of the forum is " Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not " anytime someone insult users you can report them and imho it's a cleaner way of dealing with them than replying.
If only everything worked as it's was intended in the rules, eh?
But
Thread owner doesn't like your question? Donor doesn't like being corrected? SJW thinks you went to much outside the line "of being on thread topic"?
Result will, most of the time, be a report
With occasional "clean-ups" of moderators and even more rare visits from stuff to actually deal with it and not just press delete and move on
Alas, thats not the world we live in
thanks for the conversation and alternative point of view anyway

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes