• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
If MC choose Gudrid or Freydis path on prologue.

If MC choose one, is that mean no more content with the other one..??

Or this choice is for what MC is..??
A scholar or a warrior..??
And content with Gudrid and Freydis both...

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

This is just a guess on my part but since the paths are supposed to merge at some point, I would expect to be able to romance everyone at once (possibly with dire consequences)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

This is just a guess on my part but since the paths are supposed to merge at some point, I would expect to be able to romance everyone at once (possibly with dire consequences)
Each has their own preferences, so choices matter a lot. That's not only during conversations, but also during waiting time between them and the occupation you've chosen. (Meaning, scenes play out differently / have different dialogue based on these types of things.) You have a few different combinations, though: Scholar, Warrior, and Scholarrior is only part of that. The ship you choose, responses during conversations, etc., all also affect how things play out. Right now, the ship you choose is one of the most important choices for obvious reasons.

That's at least true up to this point; I have no idea how long they will be on the ships — that travel was pretty slow that far back in history — but if they spend a lot more time actually in Vinland, you might still be able to develop something with the girl who was on the ship you didn't choose. Presumably, trying to do that won't work though, or at least it won't work as well. At a minimum you'll be missing out on the relationship growth that could have happened while sailing.

Personally, I don't think you're going to be able to have both. While it's true what Neimad says, at the same time I don't think it will work out for the reasons I explained above. But neither of us are the developer, so we can't answer with any certainty.

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
I hope next time they go into a Port or Harbour, before sailing again MC will able to choose the ship again.

Each has their own preferences, so choices matter a lot. That's not only during conversations, but also during waiting time between them and the occupation you've chosen. (Meaning, scenes play out differently / have different dialogue based on these types of things.) You have a few different combinations, though: Scholar, Warrior, and Scholarrior is only part of that. The ship you choose, responses during conversations, etc., all also affect how things play out. Right now, the ship you choose is one of the most important choices for obvious reasons.

That's at least true up to this point; I have no idea how long they will be on the ships — that travel was pretty slow that far back in history — but if they spend a lot more time actually in Vinland, you might still be able to develop something with the girl who was on the ship you didn't choose. Presumably, trying to do that won't work though, or at least it won't work as well. At a minimum you'll be missing out on the relationship growth that could have happened while sailing.

Personally, I don't think you're going to be able to have both. While it's true what Neimad says, at the same time I don't think it will work out for the reasons I explained above. But neither of us are the developer, so we can't answer with any certainty.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

Considering that there will be a new LI in Vinland with which you wouldn't have the benefit of getting to know each other while travelling together I don't see why it couldn't be the case with the girls from the ship you didn't choose which would be in the same situation.
Though I agree it would possibly be with less succes than those from the ship you chose since for example Freiya might want nothing to do with a scholar who chose Gudrid's ship.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Considering that there will be a new LI in Vinland with which you wouldn't have the benefit of getting to know each other while travelling together I don't see why it couldn't be the case with the girls from the ship you didn't choose which would be in the same situation.
Though I agree it would possibly be with less succes than those from the ship you chose since for example Freiya might want nothing to do with a scholar who chose Gudrid's ship.
Possibly. However, there are plenty of games where a LI is introduced later — at least one that's in your signature — and you start from 0 with that person while others have more progress already. And sometimes for existing LIs you already would have missed out on important choices for them that can't be made later. So I don't know that this is a safe assumption. It could be true that you don't really miss enough to irreversibly eliminate a particular LI, but to me it feels much more probable that you won't be able to. Well, I'm fine with it either way. :)

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
screenshot0243.png Absolutelly random thought i got when replayed this game rn
Brynn is actually a woman, so thats why we don't hear him talk

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Might not be "abandoned", but it might as well be. 18 months without an update, and the only content thus far was pretty much an introduction to the story.
It's really more of an introduction and first chapter. I also disagree with your assessment completely. A huge number of developers, Huitieme included, have real life they have to worry about. They don't make nearly enough on Patreon to make this their full-time gig. (Huitieme is only making $US51 / month, not enough to buy more than ramen for the month.) So they have to squeeze this in between RL obligations — especially work and family, but also errands, emergencies, and so on. I find it interesting that you make this judgment while having some other games in your signature that also have very lengthy release cycles.

And I know you're going to try to make some distinction because of whatever reasons you've decided to assume, but the fact of the matter is that not everyone's life is the same. Some have very little control over what is demanded of them outside of game development. You can feel however you want about it, but IMHO you're being far too critical for someone not in the developer's shoes.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
It's really more of an introduction and first chapter. I also disagree with your assessment completely. A huge number of developers, Huitieme included, have real life they have to worry about. They don't make nearly enough on Patreon to make this their full-time gig. (Huitieme is only making $US51 / month, not enough to buy more than ramen for the month.) So they have to squeeze this in between RL obligations — especially work and family, but also errands, emergencies, and so on. I find it interesting that you make this judgment while having some other games in your signature that also have very lengthy release cycles.

And I know you're going to try to make some distinction because of whatever reasons you've decided to assume, but the fact of the matter is that not everyone's life is the same. Some have very little control over what is demanded of them outside of game development. You can feel however you want about it, but IMHO you're being far too critical for someone not in the developer's shoes.
The developer has said himself on a Patreon post from last year that everyone should consider the game on break/abandoned because of how long it's going to take him. Besides that though, you are taking my comment far too seriously, where was I being overly critical? I literally stated a fact. Most of the games in my signature are updated at an average length of 3-6 months, but I don't see how that's even relevant to what I said, all of those games also have A LOT more content than this game does. It's even been marked as abandoned by F95 itself, so no idea why you are getting so wound up over my comment.
Having said that, I know how much effort and time goes in to making these VN's, but 18 months without an update is a pretty good indication of a project that is never going to get anywhere in a reasonable amount time.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes