VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Because of course I had to do it :D
Seeing him near the waterfall makes me think. Our starting location was hard to name and really no one knows where it is, plus it had Leif who was there sometimes and not others, and he is so small. Are we ninjas from the village of the hidden Leif?

• Wow
Reactions: AdliQuiBoit

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Seeing him near the waterfall makes me think. Our starting location was hard to name and really no one knows where it is, plus it had Leif who was there sometimes and not others, and he is so small. Are we ninjas from the village of the hidden Leif?
Didn't see that one coming. Bravo, sir. Bra-vo.
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

And if you're really curious, this waterfall picture was taken by none other than yours truly during a trip to Iceland. It's the Skógafoss waterfall :)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Because everyone loves Freydis...
Have a few sneak peeks of the other girls being cute ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AdliQuiBoit

Feb 21, 2019
Because everyone loves Freydis...
Have a few sneak peeks of the other girls being cute ;)
Careful, at this pace you'll soon be out of renders. Not that I mind though :sneaky:

Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Careful, at this pace you'll soon be out of renders. Not that I mind though :sneaky:
Don't worry, pal, the first chapter is now around 220 renders done, and is far from over. With more experience, I could give you a percentage or at least an estimate of the advancement, but I'd rather not get ahead of myself vis-à-vis my progress.
I can tell you though, that's it's far from halfway done, which might be good or bad news, depending of what you want ;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I feel like the last 2 pictures tell a story.

MC goes up to yellow dress while she looks to be flirting with him. He mentions it is weird her face looks dirty with all the sea water around to wash it with.

Other lady standing off to the side stares at him planning his murder.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hej, sexy, how r u?
Hej....

My word, you are even starting to talk like us. At this rate, soon you'll be a proper viking. The Conversion has already begun.
Fokk yeah!
I'm actually trying to use some "Nordic" words here and there for a more authentic feeling. I'm open, though, to any advice if I'm mixing Danish, Icelandic or Old Norse. I mean, I speak both Japanese and Chinese, and I do hate it when people mix the languages in a story, so I'd rather not do the same ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Don't worry, pal, the first chapter is now around 220 renders done, and is far from over. With more experience, I could give you a percentage or at least an estimate of the advancement, but I'd rather not get ahead of myself vis-à-vis my progress.
I can tell you though, that's it's far from halfway done, which might be good or bad news, depending of what you want ;)
Never been able to do it yet!

Honestly, anyone who says they -know- exactly how many renders they need is probs telling a slightly tall tale. You never do. You have an idea of course. But I find I'm making a scene then need another few there, another few here, another sixty for a scene I just thought of....

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Never been able to do it yet!

Honestly, anyone who says they -know- exactly how many renders they need is probs telling a slightly tall tale. You never do. You have an idea of course. But I find I'm making a scene then need another few there, another few here, another sixty for a scene I just thought of....
Totally get you. When I'm writing the script, I insert scenes where I find I might need them, but then, each playtest makes me change something. "Oh, this scene would be better with a few renders more. This one doesn't need as much, I can remove on or two renders to speed up the rhythm", etc.
In the end, between the writing of the script and the final product, too many things have changed - mostly for the best :)

Aug 8, 2016
Fokk yeah!
I'm actually trying to use some "Nordic" words here and there for a more authentic feeling. I'm open, though, to any advice if I'm mixing Danish, Icelandic or Old Norse. I mean, I speak both Japanese and Chinese, and I do hate it when people mix the languages in a story, so I'd rather not do the same ;)
Honestly, mixing them is probably more or less accurate for this time period. The languages we have now didn't really exist yet and people mostly used slight variations of old norse, which is what all our languages are based on. People mixed and threw in words pretty liberally at the time, to the point that even "scholarrior" almost make sense :p

If there is ever anything you need help with/questions I might be able to answer, just let me know. =)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Honestly, mixing them is probably more or less accurate for this time period. The languages we have now didn't really exist yet and people mostly used slight variations of old norse, which is what all our languages are based on. People mixed and threw in words pretty liberally at the time, to the point that even "scholarrior" almost make sense :p

If there is ever anything you need help with/questions I might be able to answer, just let me know. =)
Ha ha, thank you :)

"Scholarrior" was a spur of the moment kinda thing, but I completely own it now :D

I remember from my trip to Iceland a few years back that the Icelandic language might be the closest to Old Norse due to their habit to write a lot of things back then and even the common people could write and read. This is why I'm trying to go for Icelandic words in Vinland. Unless another Scandinavian term is funnier :p

Aug 8, 2016
Unless another Scandinavian term is funnier :p
Seems reasonable :p

Also, probably less relevant but since you seem interested in the period I would strongly recommend reading Röde Orm (The Red Snake, make what innuendos you might like), I think it is called The Long Ships in English. It's not one of the old sagas, it was written about 80 years ago but is probably the best/most authentic depiction of Viking badasses going out being badasses out there. Not entirely sure how it holds up in English but it should still do the trick.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I feel like the last 2 pictures tell a story.

MC goes up to yellow dress while she looks to be flirting with him. He mentions it is weird her face looks dirty with all the sea water around to wash it with.

Other lady standing off to the side stares at him planning his murder.
All three renders are from the same scene in chapter 1, and they do tell a story. You're not far from the mark, close but no cigar ;)

Also, you're not the first to say Adelaïde's face looks dirty. I was trying for more of an acne/youth look, do you think it comes out wrong? :x If so, it might not be too late to modify her assets, since only a few scenes have been made with her.

Here are my best candidates, which one do you all prefer?

Original Adelaïde
addie azra.png

Variant #1
addie sara freckles.png

Variant #2
addie ravyn.png

Reactions: Akamari
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes