VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes
Aug 8, 2016
I'd vote for the third one and if not that, then the second one.
I was also assuming you were going for a dirty thrall/peasant look only to have her have a makeover or something later. But I agree, from the images we've seen she looks kinda dirty (not in the good way) or possibly even a bit pox ridden in some. She was the only character design I was a bit iffy about.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'd vote for the third one and if not that, then the second one.
I was also assuming you were going for a dirty thrall/peasant look only to have her have a makeover or something later. But I agree, from the images we've seen she looks kinda dirty (not in the good way) or possibly even a bit pox ridden in some. She was the only character design I was a bit iffy about.
Yeah, I was at first going for the poor peasant look, but I wouldn't want to give a false image of dirtiness to the character. People would think this is a kink where this is just a design default :p
I've been spending the best part of the morning trying different skins for her (around 20), and those two variants are closest to what I envisioned for her.

I think I'll go with variant #2, though.

And now, I have ~10 renders to modify \o/

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah, I was at first going for the poor peasant look, but I wouldn't want to give a false image of dirtiness to the character. People would think this is a kink where this is just a design default :p
I've been spending the best part of the morning trying different skins for her (around 20), and those two variants are closest to what I envisioned for her.

I think I'll go with variant #2, though.

And now, I have ~10 renders to modify \o/
Yeah, she kinda looked dirty to me as well. Or that her face sometimes serves as a target dummy. That model is a bit over the top on skin imperfections, in my opinion.

I like the two other options, but rather the third one. It's kind of hard not to call the second one Rudolph, if you see what I mean...:p

• Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yeah, she kinda looked dirty to me as well. Or that her face sometimes serves as a target dummy. That model is a bit over the top on skin imperfections, in my opinion.

I like the two other options, but rather the third one. It's kind of hard not to call the second one Rudolph, if you see what I mean...:p
*nods nods*

Or we could go down a completely different road :D
addie tessa.png

Reactions: Akamari

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*taps chin*

That might be the best looking one yet actually. She would probably need a different background given the time period though.:)
No black on this story, though. We wouldn't want stupid people to cry NTR :p

But Arabian and Beothuks should suffice for non-white lovers :)

Reactions: Akamari

83wulf

May 14, 2019
Fokk yeah!
I'm actually trying to use some "Nordic" words here and there for a more authentic feeling. I'm open, though, to any advice if I'm mixing Danish, Icelandic or Old Norse. I mean, I speak both Japanese and Chinese, and I do hate it when people mix the languages in a story, so I'd rather not do the same ;)
I remember from my trip to Iceland a few years back that the Icelandic language might be the closest to Old Norse due to their habit to write a lot of things back then and even the common people could write and read.
The differences between Icelandic and "Old Norse" are negligible and don't matter at all. But I will have some scathing remarks if you add into the mix.;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
All three renders are from the same scene in chapter 1, and they do tell a story. You're not far from the mark, close but no cigar ;)

Also, you're not the first to say Adelaïde's face looks dirty. I was trying for more of an acne/youth look, do you think it comes out wrong? :x If so, it might not be too late to modify her assets, since only a few scenes have been made with her.

Here are my best candidates, which one do you all prefer?

Original Adelaïde
View attachment 368332

Variant #1
View attachment 368333

Variant #2
View attachment 368363
I think with the original it was either skin tone/lighting along with the lots of freckles and imperfections that made her look dirty peasant instead of acne riddled. It isn't a bad idea, just probably requires a bit more work. Image 2 at least seems to keep up some freckles, 3 becomes way too clean.

Dark skin image looks nice, but a bit too dark for Arabian or Beothuk I would think.

If you can keep imperfections but tone down the amount of facial freckles plus a slight lightening of skin tone might fix it, also a bit heavy on the Rudolph nose in the original.

However having a dirty peasant girl to do the work for the noble lady also makes sense. So it can work.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I think with the original it was either skin tone/lighting along with the lots of freckles and imperfections that made her look dirty peasant instead of acne riddled. It isn't a bad idea, just probably requires a bit more work. Image 2 at least seems to keep up some freckles, 3 becomes way too clean.

Dark skin image looks nice, but a bit too dark for Arabian or Beothuk I would think.

If you can keep imperfections but tone down the amount of facial freckles plus a slight lightening of skin tone might fix it, also a bit heavy on the Rudolph nose in the original.

However having a dirty peasant girl to do the work for the noble lady also makes sense. So it can work.
*will try*

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I like this one. Nice contrast with the other girls.
Although I liked 1 as well, because I assumed she was a slave or somthing. Thought you might be thinking to give her a makeover in a subsequent scene. FWIT, I didn't like #2 because of the Rudolph effect.

Reactions: Huitieme
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes