VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Under the moonlight
But without a moon.
Hi, vikings (and vikingettes). I need your help.
Which one of these light sources do you prefer for an "interlude" picture?

Just so you know, for now, I'm going for the fourth choice.
I already voted on Patreon, but... by far, option 3 is the better render :)

Reactions: Huitieme

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
I vote for three. Clouds on the sky are fit to vikings saga. By the way, did you played in Viking conquest? Dlc to Mount and blade warband? Creator done great job and your game remind me this.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I vote for three. Clouds on the sky are fit to vikings saga. By the way, did you played in Viking conquest? Dlc to Mount and blade warband? Creator done great job and your game remind me this.
Nope, never played it. To be quite honest, I haven't had time to play much since July :x

Even adult games are now restricted to the ones I really like and I haven't been able to start and feel involved in other games since.

Vinland chapter 7 (ending) cannot come soon enough :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Under the moonlight
But without a moon.
Hi, vikings (and vikingettes). I need your help.
Which one of these light sources do you prefer for an "interlude" picture?

Just so you know, for now, I'm going for the fourth choice.
Tough choice, but I also go with three, though 2 is a close 2nd.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Huitieme since you're there I was wondering what made you choose Norse Viking era for your game instead of for exemple the French Carolingian or Merovingian era that you surely learned in school as I did, anyway nice to see a french dev :D
Well, I could, of course, go with French history in order to do a game, but my main focus wasn't so much to have a historical piece than it was to have fun in a setting I like. And I love the Norse setting. The mythology, the visuals, the opportunities to make something epic, all of this contributed to making the choice of setting easier.

Also, it was the best way to have amazonian redheads with scars :3

Some would say I ripped of Vinland Saga, and these people would be wrong. But the manga, of course, isn't totally a stranger in my loving of this era.

For the record, I've already started thinking about the next game I want to make, and the setting isn't French at all either :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you for your reply, but I've been stupid with these renders. There shouldn't be any need to use them as they are. Though, it was interesting to learn so many people's opinions on the subject :)
Need, maybe not, but that last one is cool and refreshing. A nice evening or early morning sky. The calm before the storm if you will.
Depending on how you play the transitions, it could work to show passing of time.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Could use it when the player sleeps, maybe transition from the one to the other, going form night to morning...? The easiest example, but depending on how you do it, could use it for other scenes too...

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Thanks for your answer, and not to be a bother but wouldn't Scottish or Irish Lore have more readheads, I thought Norse where mostly blondes but I might be wrong
You're obviously NOT a bother :D While Irish and Scottish could work as well, I always liked the Norse lore. When I went in Iceland (leisure trip) a few years back, I learned about Freydis in a museum dedicated to the Vinland expedition and settlements, and her image got stuck in my head for quite some time. She's famous for one sentence: "Why run you away from such worthless creatures, stout men that ye are, when, as seems to me likely you might slaughter them like so many cattle? Give me a weapon! I know I could fight better than any of you." Then, "my" Freydis was born :D

If you're familiar with the real Greenland Saga, you'll see soon enough that I'm taking a few liberties with them, but this feeling I've got from the angry Freydis will drive her character development :)

Need, maybe not, but that last one is cool and refreshing. A nice evening or early morning sky. The calm before the storm if you will.
Depending on how you play the transitions, it could work to show passing of time.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm using the "interlude" renders for. But I just didn't take into account that the story is taking place in summer (personal preference) and there isn't much in the night department at that time and under this latitude.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You're obviously NOT a bother :D While Irish and Scottish could work as well, I always liked the Norse lore. When I went in Iceland (leisure trip) a few years back, I learned about Freydis in a museum dedicated to the Vinland expedition and settlements, and her image got stuck in my head for quite some time. She's famous for one sentence: "Why run you away from such worthless creatures, stout men that ye are, when, as seems to me likely you might slaughter them like so many cattle? Give me a weapon! I know I could fight better than any of you." Then, "my" Freydis was born :D

If you're familiar with the real Greenland Saga, you'll see soon enough that I'm taking a few liberties with them, but this feeling I've got from the angry Freydis will drive her character development :)

Yup, that's exactly what I'm using the "interlude" renders for. But I just didn't take into account that the story is taking place in summer (personal preference) and there isn't much in the night department at that time and under this latitude.
Looks good, looks good.

..fucking summer!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*thwaps*

Be like me and just concentrate on one at a time you fool!

*thinks she got away with that...*
If I was like you, I'd be teasing people all around with renders of beautiful girls, spending time remastering the game and be more charming than a puppy with one floppy ear trying to convince everyone it can be a ferocious killing machine.
Well, two out of three ain't that bad.

I've just started the game for a few minutes and I can already tell I'm going to like it with goofy Leif and funny badass Freydis, they are instantly likable, I'm gonna play now and come back later when I finish the prologue
Won't take you long :x

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well it sure was quick :D but the characters were well introduced, so far I'm leaning more towards Freydis but Gudrid seems interesting. How dare you punish me for wanting to see if there is a default name :p I'm eager to continue the adventures of Ragnar the Warrior / Floki the Scholar (I know, very imaginative names :D)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well it sure was quick :D but the characters were well introduced, so far I'm leaning more towards Freydis but Gudrid seems interesting. How dare you punish me for wanting to see if there is a default name :p I'm eager to continue the adventures of Ragnar the Warrior / Floki the Scholar (I know, very imaginative names :D)
Now, the most importantest question: Did you go full retard scholarrior? :D

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes