VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Oh. I was hoping Shanaw would be green. Oh well, Addie is my girl then. Can't be helped.:cool:
Shanaw's colour *is* yellow, ironically enough :D

Addie being green? I think I have to tattle on you to friend computer about this treason. Yellow dress in prologue, yellow bee suit, green towel...
Her dress is more greenish than yellowish, though. But I agree her shirt *is* yellow :unsure:
Well, colour scheme isn't all that important anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (but I'll stick by it)

Daz really isn't a fan of freckles is it? The HD version of that image makes them all look more like skin growths rather than skin imperfection colors. Also some weird sand grainy reddish texture across the image especially noticeable on her underarm, and a batch of white flashes in the trees, I assume branch endings.
I'm afraid you're right again :( Freydis' freckles aren't quite as smooth as one would hope them to be. Fortunately, some other part of her anatomy that morale prevents me from naming is indeed smooth, warm and welcoming. Talking about her heart, of course!
Noise! Noise everywhere! You got the untreated raw render directly hot from the oven, and this is what happens then :p

Might want to next time show a sliver of the axe blade, or a glint of the sun off the metal, since it could be a club, axe, spear. love her face though, you do very well on those facial expression choices. One day gudrid may not be the standing version of Rodin's "The thinker".
I'll look into this glint thing.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Typical.:rolleyes:

I guess I'll just drop the colour criteria and decide by personalities or something. I'll expect a St. Patrick's Day special render of the winner as compensation for my trouble though! :p
Well, Akky (everyone gets a little nickname around these parts), as you can see, colour scheme was decided from a long time ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And just for your eyes, greenyellow!
Don't you tell me they're not rocking those colours!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well, Akky (everyone gets a little nickname around these parts), as you can see, colour scheme was decided from a long time ;)

Alright, alright I concede this to you. I'll take the green-yellow combo. :D

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
How to fix a PC, have you tried turning it off and back on again?... Then reformatting. This is how the geek squad will help you.

Is top Akky render new face or old from the patreon images?

I like the yellow (still think it should be akky [kidding]), green not so much. Might be the knit wear, or how the color doesn't make it show the details well against her skin. Maybe a lighter green like mint or harlequin would have been my cup of tea.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
How to fix a PC, have you tried turning it off and back on again?... Then reformatting. This is how the geek squad will help you.
This one was worse, every time I tried to render, my GPU would crash. I updated it and still it crashed. In the end, I just tried rendering in HD instead of 4k and it worked, but the issue is still not fixed :/

Is top Akky render new face or old from the patreon images?
Both, actually. This is patreon's new face ;)

I like the yellow (still think it should be akky [kidding]), green not so much. Might be the knit wear, or how the color doesn't make it show the details well against her skin. Maybe a lighter green like mint or harlequin would have been my cup of tea.
Yeah, the green clothes aren't really great, but I was mainly trying to get a point across. Also, remember that if Bobby (my stupid computer) didn't start to suddenly piss in my eye, it would have been done in 5 minutes, not 3 hours... :p

Alright, alright I concede this to you. I'll take the green-yellow combo. :D
And one green-yellow combo menu for table 45! Hot hot hot!

• Haha
Reactions: Akamari

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
This one was worse, every time I tried to render, my GPU would crash. I updated it and still it crashed. In the end, I just tried rendering in HD instead of 4k and it worked, but the issue is still not fixed :/
Whole PC crash or just the program?

Normally crashes are a few things. Too much heat. You could check this with a program like GPU-Z, coretemp, hwmonitor, etc. Find out the normal operating high end for your card and then see if it goes over and crashes.

Next thing that might cause it is too little RAM/Storage.

3rd. Also a RAM issue, just it is faulty. Sometimes when RAM is faulty is can work well most of the time but during grueling work it will fault. Programs to do this are Memtest86, Memtest86+, an easier version is

Graphics card shitting the bed, can stress test them with 3dmark or furmark.

This should be the basics to get started checking if you didn't already know.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Whole PC crash or just the program?

Normally crashes are a few things. Too much heat. You could check this with a program like GPU-Z, coretemp, hwmonitor, etc. Find out the normal operating high end for your card and then see if it goes over and crashes.

Next thing that might cause it is too little RAM/Storage.

3rd. Also a RAM issue, just it is faulty. Sometimes when RAM is faulty is can work well most of the time but during grueling work it will fault. Programs to do this are Memtest86, Memtest86+, an easier version is

Graphics card shitting the bed, can stress test them with 3dmark or furmark.

This should be the basics to get started checking if you didn't already know.
I'll look into all that, because it's been a few days now that the GPU has been crashing on me (not the whole computer) as soon as I tried rendering making Daz crash and burn as well.

I changed the RAM, motherboard, GPU and drive at the beginning of summer, so the hardware shouldn't be at fault, but who knows.

I went from Daz 4.11 to 4.12 hoping to solve the issue and it worked for a few days until yesterday night, so I guess this is really an issue with Bobby as a whole...

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I assume you are using an Nvidia card, latest driver is 436.30 that came out sep 10

If you remember the version of driver that worked for you previously you can try to install that one again.

Also checking the daz forums for anything similar.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I assume you are using an Nvidia card, latest driver is 436.30 that came out sep 10

If you remember the version of driver that worked for you previously you can try to install that one again.

Also checking the daz forums for anything similar.
I had the 436.02 which both worked and stop working, then I updated last night to 436.30, and the issue wasn't fixed.

Here's the error that cost me my sleep :
IMG_20190919_233651_1.jpg

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I had the 436.02 which both worked and stop working, then I updated last night to 436.30, and the issue wasn't fixed.
Sometimes the newest driver isn't necessarily the best for your particular setup. It might not be a bad idea to try an older one.

• Thinking Face

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017

Here's the error that cost me my sleep :
View attachment 405957
Since it isn't a blue screen or full on reboot doesn't sound like a RAM issue, or Processor issue.

Sounds purely graphics card related, so either bad drivers, faulty card, or heat. Heat is probably easiest to test. Then a batch of random drivers like but if I remember only some of the newer drivers do the Iray thing for daz, so try the first one that started with it?

Other than that I would do the 3dmark/furmark thing to see if it is just a crash from unstable clocks or something else.

Might also be some left over gunk from old drivers which you can get from guru3d

When you do install the driver, maybe customize it and only install the required driver and not audio or whatever unless you need that.

Other than drivers it might be your card is just set too high in its timings and is crashing from that/overheating.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well, nothing worked, so I guess it's an update/driver issue. As long as I don't try to render in 4k, it seems to be somewhat ok, so I'll make do. The 4k pictures were just something fun for me but not exactly necessary for now anyway...

Since you've been nothing but choupinou (sweethearts), I've got a present for you :)

Frey jungle 1a.png

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Did no stress tests cause the driver to fault other than 4k? If that is the case. Then it sounds more like a Daz program issue.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

Dem abs.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes