VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
After mentioning secret girl was in game but "not seen" I looked through the images. I think there was maybe 4 or 5 women not really shown, red haired lady, blonde in green, pale blonde in brown, brunette in blue, and another hidden blonde in overhead.

This led me to really looking at images when playing and maybe noticing some inconsistencies in people placement but you could get away with calling it "movement"
Looks like you spent quite some time on it :)

Tracking red head:
pvillagerscheers 1 and 3 she is gone
red head on left pvillagerscheers2.webp
pvillager1a-d she is gone
pvillager1e back far right

Tracking green and white:
pvillagerscheers2 and 3 she is on right
pvillager1a and 2e she is on left
bjorn she is on left
confused she is on left

pastrid1,2b, 2c have a bunch of villagers who are paying attention and simply vanish right after in 6a

some villagers return in pleifolaf1a, polafboast1a-c, nowayjose1a, think1a, vol1a missing in 1b back in 1c and vol 2a
Not in front of the game right now, but I think I see what you're talking about. All of this is due to my computer (Bobby) trying to survive with having multiple models at once, since all the renders you see in the prologue have been made as you see them. This was quite hard for newbie me to manage that, so the models have been moving around ;) I don't think it's really a bad thing, since the prologue doesn't focus on the villagers, but I think I could fix all these issues given time.

pinup Freydis lacks her scars
Yeah, I noticed this one too late :( Beginner mistake I guess (it's somewhat fixed for the new release, as I don't even know if I'll keep the pinups)

Leif, Freydis and Gudrid when introduced kind of seem to be looking in the wrong direction, but might be thematic
This one is weird as the models are used in context when they first appear, as seen from Olaf's point of view.

I think the dark spots on peoples heads like the right side arguing villager or Guy talking to freydis with the pony tail are probably marks you meant to be there.
Once again, I don't have the renders in front of me, but I can only surmise what the dark spots are, and if I'm right, they're bad clippings of the hair presets and totally a mark of newbiness. In the subsequent chapters, I always try to correct them (either in Daz or with an editing program), but I guess I've let slip a few on non main characters.

Ps. None of the girls you mentioned is the secret one ;)

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Just to be clear, this "secret girl" actually appears in the prologue (although no one saw her yet) and isn't related to anything heavy that might be counted as five.
Appears but isn't seen. That is some riddler level shit. I counted all the women in all images, don't remember any other names mentioned, Norse god? Now I am stumped, but I like mysteries.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Akamari

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I love that I looked up the name in google even though I already know it, and on the right side it shows me an anime picture of her from the Fate series... Weebs are taking over.
I can assure you "my" Brynhildr is no weeboo, sir! I wish I could show you/tell you more, but I need to leave a few mysteries, don't I? ;p

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
No one:
Absolutely no one:

Me: A lot of you have been asking for shower peeping scenes!

View attachment 405350
This scene feels like Leif just tricked the MC to go there as one of his rewards for coming along.

Man, where did they get those super absorbant towels, kind of jealous.

No wait, where did they get them? Vikea? Other than no shower so you might want to change it to bathing peeping scene my one real critique is green instead of yellow? Especially after the bee outfit... you are slipping huiti. (joking). Other slight critique is I assume she is wielding an axe? can't even make out a tiny bit of a blade so unsure if going to be beaten or die, would appreciate more information.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
This scene feels like Leif just tricked the MC to go there as one of his rewards for coming along.

Man, where did they get those super absorbant towels, kind of jealous.

No wait, where did they get them? Vikea? Other than no shower so you might want to change it to bathing peeping scene my one real critique is green instead of yellow? Especially after the bee outfit... you are slipping huiti. (joking). Other slight critique is I assume she is wielding an axe? can't even make out a tiny bit of a blade so unsure if going to be beaten or die, would appreciate more information.
Yup, that's an axe, alright!

Also, green has always been Addie's colour. Freydis is red, Gudrid is blue.
Zaina is purple and doesn't like you!

(Although I couldn't find a purple towel for the test)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh. I was hoping Shanaw would be green. Oh well, Addie is my girl then. Can't be helped.:cool:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yup, that's an axe, alright!

(Although I couldn't find a purple towel for the test)
Addie being green? I think I have to tattle on you to friend computer about this treason. Yellow dress in prologue, yellow bee suit, green towel...

Daz really isn't a fan of freckles is it? The HD version of that image makes them all look more like skin growths rather than skin imperfection colors. Also some weird sand grainy reddish texture across the image especially noticeable on her underarm, and a batch of white flashes in the trees, I assume branch endings.

Might want to next time show a sliver of the axe blade, or a glint of the sun off the metal, since it could be a club, axe, spear. love her face though, you do very well on those facial expression choices. One day gudrid may not be the standing version of Rodin's "The thinker".

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes