VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
We are only at chapter 1 and so far it's pretty impressive there is not enough Viking games around. I've enjoyed the MC interactions with Freydis so far making her blush is worth it for as deadly a warrior that she is the MC is right she is very cute :p

I'm a bit suspect of Brynjulf not sure if it's just me but the build seems a bit off just looks a little short for a Viking :unsure:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Things should be made easier with the addition of the notebook. I'm also toying with the idea of maybe adding notifications like "Freydis like +1" "Gudrid respect +1", but I don't like it too much...
I don't like that either. Guessing what consequences actions will have is part of the fun. Rather than looking at stat popups it's more entertaining to judge people's reactions.

215303j

Huitieme when the MC make his first attempt to learn French, "j'adorerais pouvoir ouïr dans votre langage", would be better than the actual, "J'adorerais pouvoir ouïr dans votre parler". It would make it more accurate with the, "j'adorerais jouir sur/dans votre langue", that he end saying.
But, it's kind of moot for all non-Frenchies.

I can speak some French, enough to ask directions, go grocery shopping or eat at a restaurant, but those finer points escape me as well.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But, it's kind of moot for all non-Frenchies.
I totally agree with this, and in fact it's why the sentence needed to be changed. All those who, like you speak some French, but just that, should be less confused by the new one.
That "ouir" (old word for "hear") lead to "jouir", which translate to "cum", they can understand it if they know the word "jouir". But that "parler" ("speak") translate to "tongue" ("langue"), I'm sure that even some Frenchies didn't get it.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Things should be made easier with the addition of the notebook. I'm also toying with the idea of maybe adding notifications like "Freydis like +1" "Gudrid respect +1", but I don't like it too much...
You could allways put "Freydis will remember that" in the top left corner, in all my years of playing Telltale games it has never been helpful :p

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You could allways put "Freydis will remember that" in the top left corner, in all my years of playing Telltale games it has never been helpful :p
I would, but only for choices that have no impact at all :D

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes