VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
Huitieme: Great game though I noticed sometimes some images have white "splotches" on things like the three ships at the beginning of the game. I have found out the cause. It is the combination of the HDRI skydome and Iray. Change the image quality to 3Delight, this will remove the white splotches.

I do not like this "fix" though simple so I am looking for a weigh of fixing this without removing the Iray. Of course, this does not affect indoor images unless an open window(s) or the like wear an HDRI skydome is present.

If you find a way of dealing with is issue short of swapping Iray to 3Delight please pass it to me. I'll do the same for you.

Sorry for my grammar mishaps, I'm a native English speaker, but I'm dealing with bad headaches and the like now. :cry:

Reactions: Huitieme

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Hey Huitty, I just thought of something, would it be a lot of work to add an Hnefatafl mini game ? It got me intrigued and I think it could be cool to actually learn how to play it in game, like some games that have Poker or Blackjack mini games :D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Huitty, I just thought of something, would it be a lot of work to add an Hnefatafl mini game ? It got me intrigued and I think it could be cool to actually learn how to play it in game, like some games that have Poker or Blackjack mini games :D
That was my intention at first. I even found the code in python to do so, but my own coding skills are not up to par and I feared it could break the rhythm of Gudrid's scenes. Although, if one day I'm good enough to do so, I could add it as a minigame available from the menu ;)
There is an app I use on my phone if anyone is interested:

To be honest, I hate how the Hnefatafl games with Gudrid turned out. Not for the stories as much as the rendering, since I had to use a chessboard and pawns, and it looks really cheap :/ I'll leave it like this for now, but rerendering these specific scenes will stay in my todo list for quite a time, I guess...

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Huitieme: Great game though I noticed sometimes some images have white "splotches" on things like the three ships at the beginning of the game. I have found out the cause. It is the combination of the HDRI skydome and Iray. Change the image quality to 3Delight, this will remove the white splotches.

I do not like this "fix" though simple so I am looking for a weigh of fixing this without removing the Iray. Of course, this does not affect indoor images unless an open window(s) or the like wear an HDRI skydome is present.

If you find a way of dealing with is issue short of swapping Iray to 3Delight please pass it to me. I'll do the same for you.

Sorry for my grammar mishaps, I'm a native English speaker, but I'm dealing with bad headaches and the like now. :cry:
That's interesting to know. I had indeed some issues with these white splotches, but didn't think of turning the quality to 3Delight. I'll try this on render tests.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
So I decided to refresh my memory of Nordic sagas and reading the Edda I found an interesting passage, called the rule of three. Under certain conditions it was possible to make a marriage proposal that the man couldn't withdraw without becoming an outcast.and our scholorior met 2 out of 3 requirements
1) meating a woman you have to make her blush without it being your intention.
2) if she challenges you to a duel and you best her and make her blush and she keeps the coun, the tradition proceeds
3) if you make her blush at a feast, and she counts that, there's no going back and you have to marry her before the new moon..
That's 2out of 3....
And to the others, I apologize if I spoiled part of the plot

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Keyword here being "intention". As I have no doubt most of you intended to make Freyfrey blush :devilish:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
What ?! I genuinely thought she was called Freydis Bear my children, I heard a guy in the crowd say it so it must be true, I'm totes innocent :whistle:
Plus, we have no proof about the Bearkiller thingy. But there will be proof about Bear my children soon enough ; so innocence thy name is us.

I do have question though, I tried several choices but didn't have the scene where FreyFrey is all bandaged. Was it removed or am i even dumber than Villager 1 ? :oops:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Mac version here and on page 1 does not work. Expands into Vinland app that Mac can't open.
I would say "try the patreon link", but the issue should be there as well :/ I can't do anything about that for a few days (damned holidays), but I'll try to investigate why it doesn't work after Xmas.

In the meanwhile, if anyone is able to help with the mac version, as I don't have a mac myself...

More Freyis please. :love:
Ok
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aresss

Apr 19, 2018
I loved the game so much. I really like Medieval times, especially Viking era. This game has so much potential. Scenes, characters and story are high quality. I'll support,if i can.

Reactions: Huitieme

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I would say "try the patreon link", but the issue should be there as well :/ I can't do anything about that for a few days (damned holidays), but I'll try to investigate why it doesn't work after Xmas.

In the meanwhile, if anyone is able to help with the mac version, as I don't have a mac myself...

Ok
No, don't cut off the titty! It's your best feature!

Lewdorum

Jan 5, 2019

Ok
I should add that, like many Renpy games, the PC version of Vinland runs in Mac using Wine. Download the PC version, expand it, look for the .exe file in the folder and open it with Wine.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes