VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Not sure if you played "Unleashed" on this site, but during a naming of a character there is a fake error screen, maybe you could do that.
Don't worry, I found something funny to implement :3
Of course, it's completely useless and maybe 1% of players will ever see it, but that's what makes it even funnier :D

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I'm trying not to waste too much time with this, but so far, I've got maybe 10 MC's name and as much sword's names to play with ^^
And wait until you start naming your children :eek:
Of course you need a weeb one, for any well known anime sword.

"Made of superior nippon steel able to cut battleships in a single swipe, etc. Were you hoping to scream out Bankai? weeb."

Maybe some arthurian legend names? To explain to people there were 3 swords in that legend. Are you sure you want to name it excalibur? You do know the sword in the stone was caliburn right? Just making sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Maybe some arthurian legend names? To explain to people there were 3 swords in that legend. Are you sure you want to name it excalibur? You do know the sword in the stone was caliburn right? Just making sure.
And it'd let me use this line I've seen around for quite some time: "I'd hit it so hard the next person to pull me out would become king of Britain."

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Huitieme
I didn't even see that inline until just now, thought it was just a little extra spacing below the gif.

True, but I think only Gudrid would get it. I am assuming this is post Albion Arthurian legend stuff, and not around the same time.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Huitieme
I didn't even see that inline until just now, thought it was just a little extra spacing below the gif.

True, but I think only Gudrid would get it. I am assuming this is post Albion Arthurian legend stuff, and not around the same time.
Well, Arthur is supposed to have lived during the 5th-6th century, and Vinland's story starts in 1008 AD, so there's no reason not to have a few nods for the sake of it. There have been written traces dating back to that period, so it is not impossible that some scholars could very well know of Britannic legends.

In the next update, there will be some mentions of Greek authors as well, so why not throwing nods to Arthur here and there? ;)

Also, I don't know for y'all nationalities, but in France, we have the Kaamelott series, so I couldn't resist putting as many references as makes sense :D

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Well, Arthur is supposed to have lived during the 5th-6th century, and Vinland's story starts in 1008 AD, so there's no reason not to have a few nods for the sake of it. There have been written traces dating back to that period, so it is not impossible that some scholars could very well know of Britannic legends.

In the next update, there will be some mentions of Greek authors as well, so why not throwing nods to Arthur here and there? ;)

Also, I don't know for y'all nationalities, but in France, we have the Kaamelott series, so I couldn't resist putting as many references as makes sense :D
That is when he is supposed to have lived, but not necessarily when the romanced legends/tales of magical swords and the like came about.

Next up the Gordian knot!

I am from the USA, but Arthurian legend is pretty well known, and you know a bunch of stuff pops up now and then, the tv show Merlin, Camelot with Eva Green, the few movies.

The ultimate cartoon of King Arthur American version, (An American football team (not soccer) gets whisked into the past/fantasy and are the knights of the round table. It also had a video game (never play it, it wasn't really finished and is terrible trash.)

Oh if you are looking into a different take on the Arthurian Legend, Droid Productions here is making one kind of based on it called "Love of Magic"

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That is when he is supposed to have lived, but not necessarily when the romanced legends/tales of magical swords and the like came about.

Next up the Gordian knot!
Yeah, I know, but we find written traces of the legend as far as the 6th century, and then sporadically throughout the ages. There are some dating from the period of Vinland, which is why it wouldn't be too surprising for scholars to reference the legends as well. Especially since oral legends have a way to travel.

Don't forget that on Gudrid's ship, there is, well, Gudrid, who seems to have travelled around (spoiler, she has), Adelaïde who's French, Zaina whose origin I didn't disclose yet but if you go that route, you'll learn to know as well. And there is Olaf, who's said to be quite the scholarrior ;)

Of course, there's Oren and Beorn too, but should we really count them? :p Also, their little scene is a reference to something as well, but no one seems to have noticed :(

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yeah, I know, but we find written traces of the legend as far as the 6th century, and then sporadically throughout the ages. There are some dating from the period of Vinland, which is why it wouldn't be too surprising for scholars to reference the legends as well. Especially since oral legends have a way to travel.

Don't forget that on Gudrid's ship, there is, well, Gudrid, who seems to have travelled around (spoiler, she has), Adelaïde who's French, Zaina whose origin I didn't disclose yet but if you go that route, you'll learn to know as well. And there is Olaf, who's said to be quite the scholarrior ;)

Of course, there's Oren and Beorn too, but should we really count them? :p Also, their little scene is a reference to something as well, but no one seems to have noticed :(
I still have yet to have played it, since I was catching up on everything's backlog and saw you mentioned there were some minor things that need fixing.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I still have yet to have played it, since I was catching up on everything's backlog and saw you mentioned there were some minor things that need fixing.
Oh, it's been fixed already, and it was really minor. At least, the other minor bugs that need fixing will have to wait the next release, it's mainly a few typo and nothing really important (stupid easter eggs notwithstanding). So please, follow the links in the first post and have as much fun as possible :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Oh, it's been fixed already, and it was really minor. At least, the other minor bugs that need fixing will have to wait the next release, it's mainly a few typo and nothing really important (stupid easter eggs notwithstanding). So please, follow the links in the first post and have as much fun as possible :)
So what you are saying is keep a save at the name screen and sword name screen, just to check future fun content?

Then okay. Oh if you want a kind of old and probably not good TV show based on myths, other than Hercules/Xena of course, check out Roar with Heath Ledger. Is about Hibernia (Ancient Ireland).

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
So what you are saying is keep a save at the name screen and sword name screen, just to check future fun content?
Yup. Also, I intend to use the names you've been using for future scenes way later in the game as well. It wouldn't be fun to have only one stupid line after all :p

Wow guys, and here I was naming the sword Penis so I could giggle at the option of giving it to Freyfrey.........
back to the code.png

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes