trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I like the idea about the story, a sort of rigged death game but man...its just kind of boring right now. Have really limited story, the "good" path is pretty clearly just tacked on as theres almost no sexual content and the "evil" path is pretty much just rape all the girls.

The MC on good path tells the daughter to only attack when absolutely needed, and then one day after training her for the first time tells her to go kill a dude by herself. Doesnt really make sense.

Feels like this story is the size of an ocean but only a puddle deep, as there is a ton of area to go in the world but feels like its going to have a short story with an unsatisfying end.
He tracks the stats and has choices, but the story really suffers because he does not really make the choices affect anything.

He might have done better, in some respects, to remove a few options and let the prior stats guide the character's actions. As example there is really no stat requirement for killing or being merciful. It doesn't lock any choices out. He either needs to decide to have a linear story or make the choices actually matter. It shouldn't be that hard to write a couple of lines to instead of saying kill the dude go subdue him instead based on the good stat of the character.

I played the game by following the script so I saw the coding he does it a bit but not near enough for the game to flow and make sense. It's sad because the game has potential but everything feels like it is rushed and needs just a bit more time put into it for it to be a truly good game.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Looks like path's don't working correct.
For example, if sophie_corrupt 10, for some reason game chose path where >=3 and not >=9
Looks like crucial bug for story.
I didn't see that coding but there are no real paths yet.

If he did it's a logical error. What the dev should have done is used and if statement.

path 1 x>=3 and x<=9

path 2 x>9

_SerapH_

Feb 3, 2024
I like the game enough to support it on SS for now. The main thing I'd change is that there only seems to be a "good" path for the daughter. Which maybe makes sense, given that she's his daughter. Obviously, she's attracted to him and wants to have sex with him, but in the context of the story, I view that as the good path. I'd like the option of her being less interested in him romantically, and perhaps even horrified at some of the things he's done with women. Then eventually, the MC starts seeing his daughter as another conquest, versus a romance/seduction path.

If there is a dark path for the daughter, I kind of suspect it's if someone other than the MC has her. It might be cool to have a scene where they are captured though, and the MC is given a choice to either watch his daughter get raped, or rape her himself. The scene could play out differently depending on the MC's choices up to this point. She could be anywhere from "heck, yeah, but I'll put on a good show for the people watching" to "no... not my daddy... please choose the stranger for me, daddy."
On the way she got excited watching her father rape a woman honestly I thought it was hot I hope she becomes a submissive sadist only to her father, yes my mind is very distorted lol

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
On the way she got excited watching her father rape a woman honestly I thought it was hot I hope she becomes a submissive sadist only to her father, yes my mind is very distorted lol
I think there's potentially room to explore a lot of possibilities with the daughter's story. It's a messed-up situation they're in, which could lead to even more messed up stuff between them. While I get the approach the dev is going for, it's also the path of least resistance in that it's how most games handle incest as basically a forbidden romance that just happens, with any doubts on the woman's part being magically dispelled at seeing the man's cock.

He tracks the stats and has choices, but the story really suffers because he does not really make the choices affect anything.

He might have done better, in some respects, to remove a few options and let the prior stats guide the character's actions. As example there is really no stat requirement for killing or being merciful. It doesn't lock any choices out. He either needs to decide to have a linear story or make the choices actually matter. It shouldn't be that hard to write a couple of lines to instead of saying kill the dude go subdue him instead based on the good stat of the character.

I played the game by following the script so I saw the coding he does it a bit but not near enough for the game to flow and make sense. It's sad because the game has potential but everything feels like it is rushed and needs just a bit more time put into it for it to be a truly good game.
I'm not a big fan of illusionary choices in games. Don't give me a choice if it doesn't change anything. If I have the choice to kill or not kill someone, I'm assuming it changes the story somehow, even if it's just to increase or decrease some stat and maybe change what options you see later. This game seems tailor-made to feature a "karma" system like that. I do appreciate that games with branching paths can be a nightmare for devs, although many do it quite well. Otherwise, in its current format, the game is effectively a visual novel with some choices that just change the next scene that unfolds, but has no lasting effect. Despite that, I'm enjoying it a good bit right now, but also not sure what the future may bring. I'm hoping it becomes more than effectively Rape? (Y/N) and Kill? (Y/N), with how you answer those questions not shaping the overall story at all.

Reactions: Yngling

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I think there's potentially room to explore a lot of possibilities with the daughter's story. It's a messed-up situation they're in, which could lead to even more messed up stuff between them. While I get the approach the dev is going for, it's also the path of least resistance in that it's how most games handle incest as basically a forbidden romance that just happens, with any doubts on the woman's part being magically dispelled at seeing the man's cock.

I'm not a big fan of illusionary choices in games. Don't give me a choice if it doesn't change anything. If I have the choice to kill or not kill someone, I'm assuming it changes the story somehow, even if it's just to increase or decrease some stat and maybe change what options you see later. This game seems tailor-made to feature a "karma" system like that. I do appreciate that games with branching paths can be a nightmare for devs, although many do it quite well. Otherwise, in its current format, the game is effectively a visual novel with some choices that just change the next scene that unfolds, but has no lasting effect. Despite that, I'm enjoying it a good bit right now, but also not sure what the future may bring. I'm hoping it becomes more than effectively Rape? (Y/N) and Kill? (Y/N), with how you answer those questions not shaping the overall story at all.
I don't mean the illusion of choice I mean key choice is locked by previous decisions. The game allows you to be completely schizo because it tracks stats but those stats don't inform any of the further decisions

As example you can be a bloodthirsty monster than randomly be merciful. I am not even talking about branching paths I am just talking about streamling the experience to make the character act more believably.

Last edited:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I don't mean the illusion of choice I mean key choice is locked by previous decisions. The game allows you to be completely schizo because it tracks stats but those stats don't inform any of the further decisions

As example you can be a bloodthirsty monster than randomly be merciful. I am not even talking about branching paths I am just talking about streamling the experience to make the character act more believably.
Ah, I misunderstood, but I think I see where you're coming from now. Either way, we're looking for a little bit more than a straight visual novel, and for the choices made earlier in the game to have some impact later.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Looks like you've got the conditions the wrong way around here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here there's no way for the second condition to trigger.

Here the first variant will always trigger, if any:

Here the conditions look funky as well. First variant triggers if the MC's goodness is equal to or higher than 8, the second if it's equal to or higher than 7.

Here the first variant triggers if corruption equal to or higher than goodness, while the second is for corruption equal to or less than goodness. Basically both variants are set to trigger if the two are equal. Doesn't matter as the first variant will take precedence, just a bit of nonsense coding when an else statement would suffice.

Having the choice between raping the woman or letting her leave unscathed depend on the MC's stats rather than an active choice by the player seems an odd decision, when everything else is left up to player agency.

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Screenshot_2024-01-05_103652.jpg
VN Ren'Py ██████
This is the Italian translation of Violation Nation [Ep 6]

Download
Include Incest Patch (Official)

Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Looks like you've got the conditions the wrong way around here:

And here there's no way for the second condition to trigger.

Here the first variant will always trigger, if any:

Here the conditions look funky as well. First variant triggers if the MC's goodness is equal to or higher than 8, the second if it's equal to or higher than 7.

Here the first variant triggers if corruption equal to or higher than goodness, while the second is for corruption equal to or less than goodness. Basically both variants are set to trigger if the two are equal. Doesn't matter as the first variant will take precedence, just a bit of nonsense coding when an else statement would suffice.

Having the choice between raping the woman or letting her leave unscathed depend on the MC's stats rather than an active choice by the player seems an odd decision, when everything else is left up to player agency.
If he used "if and" he could use ranges which it looks like he is trying to do. He could also change the order but it's in bad form

if sophie_corrupt >=3 and sophie_corrupt <6:

if sophie_corrupt >=6 and sophie_corrupt <10:

if sophie_corrupt >=10:

I know programming a VN isn't exactly rocket science but it's an extremely bad sign that the dev can't even do proper if statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling and gregers

TryAgainSigh007

Sep 11, 2023
Game/Developer: Violation Nation /Wet Avocado Games - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've created a small walkthrough mod for this game. It will highlight my recommended choices and show the information of some choices. Enjoy!!!
Download: MEGA
P/s: Updated to Ep5
View attachment 3210845 View attachment 3210846
Update please

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The story is pretty good but the coding seems like a bit of a mess. Which is problematic since this game is not intended to be a kinetic novel with some flavour choices, but it is intended that the MC's actions do have a big influence on the overall outcome.

I hope the dev can fix this, and if he can't I hope he finds some help somewhere before it's too late. At this point, starting over wouldn't be a disaster but it will become a disaster at some point.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kri128

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Yeah looking at that code after playing through, I'm trying the good path and definitely did NOT get the correct responses a few times.

Frossguard

Jul 14, 2018
I really want to see an event or a lot where you are captured and then have a series of choices where can lead to the daughter raped by either you or other people

Reactions: Corambis

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I really want to see an event or a lot where you are captured and then have a series of choices where can lead to the daughter raped by either you or other people
I'd agree. I get that some people want to keep the daughter as a love path, or a "no one touches my little girl- even me" type thing, but I think there's room for exploring different outcomes here. Especially given the subject matter of the game in general.

Reactions: Frossguard
3.40 star(s) 24 Votes