Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyenstein

Oct 21, 2019
Seems the creators got their way...R.I.P. yiff.. Everyone needs to just stop paying for everything for a couple months...close their patreon accounts and see if it brings on a change of heart for these vultures. With no demand...supply gets cheaper.;) Every single post that is remotely decent now is 'Paid Content' ..most creations being lazy and carbon copied from other creators or previous releases of their own past work anyway..

Oct 17, 2020
Are we not gonna talk about how this game has devolved into paywall for literally everything? The community has become so toxic in this regard. Anyone who shares any thing sets up a patreon and expect money to be thrown at them. It's getting ridiculous frankly.
There are SOME creators that deserve support though, because they do release most (if not all) their stuff for free.
Unfortunately they are as rare as an ice cube in the desert at this point

ISven

May 19, 2017
Yeah, and some people like miscreated that are not just tweaking a face and trying to sell it, but genuinely moving the entire genre forward.
It's Meshed's fault too. If he had made stricter rules regarding paid mods there would be less scam. But he doesn't care, of all the VaM patreons he's the worst.

The "Undo / Redo" plug-ins is a good example.

This function could have been added to the game for a long time, like many others.

ThreeLeggedMan

May 8, 2020
There are SOME creators that deserve support though, because they do release most (if not all) their stuff for free.
Unfortunately they are as rare as an ice cube in the desert at this point
I agreed with this. There is a creator named VAMItou who make and ports characters from the video games, definitely deserves support. He share %98 of his looks for free all the time. There is no many creator like this. Example VGC-VR this dude is weird he make and ports characters and make some of them early access but still whining to put them as free... it's 2-3 weeks still his Jade MK9 look early access lol. It's not like a gem, so many of VAMItou's models are better than his also more characters than he ports. Annoying

VAMFan

Jul 11, 2020
Hi ! I'm looking for this game character
It seems it's the only post of this creator.
Also, Anyone got Kitty Pride from Testitou ? The link has been removed and he's not on Yiff :'(
I am also looking for
Anyone out there that has it?

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
Hi ! I'm looking for this game character
It seems it's the only post of this creator.
Also, Anyone got Kitty Pride from Testitou ? The link has been removed and he's not on Yiff :'(

Oct 17, 2020
Yeah, and some people like miscreated that are not just tweaking a face and trying to sell it, but genuinely moving the entire genre forward.
I agreed with this. There is a creator named VAMItou who make and ports characters from the video games, definitely deserves support. He share %98 of his looks for free all the time. There is no many creator like this. Example VGC-VR this dude is weird he make and ports characters and make some of them early access but still whining to put them as free... it's 2-3 weeks still his Jade MK9 look early access lol. It's not like a gem, so many of VAMItou's models are better than his also more characters than he ports. Annoying
MikiDesign, Roac, nostage3, Sharr, hazmhox, Acidbubbles, Damar/Damarmau, Kemenate, prestigitis, xstatic, jayjaywon and some others I may have missed, have done a LOT of work for the Vam community for free.
Some of these are game changing plugins as well (timeline, sexhelper, vuml etc).

And sure, some of them are 'early access patreons' :HideThePain: , but I honestly don't mind.

But yeah some are REALLY not worth it

It's Meshed's fault too. If he had made stricter rules regarding paid mods there would be less scam. But he doesn't care, of all the VaM patreons he's the worst.
The paywall mods issue is not a dev issue though.

I'm not trying to flame you, but I can't see how it's Meshed's fault that certain community members have paywalled themselves.
I understand a comment from him/ her/ der/ die/ das along the lines of "Guys, let's rather keep this a free mod community." can have some effect (not much though, given the nature of Vams community), but in the end it's one creator saying: "Only I can charge for my product and my time spent, but not you" and it'll be seen as hypocrisy.

Regarding the undo plugin, and a LOT of community made plugins: Yes, this should have been implemented from as early as possible, especially given Vams very twitchy-and-weird-physics nature.

Just don't confuse could have with should have, because one implies the dev is competent; that they're just holding out on us and don't rely on the community to to improve the QoL of Vam.

BUUUUUT, it wouldn't surprise me if Timeline, VUML and certain other plugin mysteriously appear in later Vam versions. Take from that what you will.

ISven

May 19, 2017
The paywall mods issue is not a dev issue though.
Really ?

I would like to point out to you that it is Meshed which authorizes paid mods, whether they are "Early Access" or "Paywall".

So I'm sorry but it's his fault. There is more and more abuse with these paid shits (paywall) and it does nothing.

Do you find it normal to charge for plugins, hairstyles or simple characters made with the game's default morphs, ....?

I point out to you that he has his say and that he could prohibit this kind of thing. Lately any pretext is good to open a Patreon to charge for any shit (especially when you see the final "quality")

I don't criticize the "Early Access" mods because in the end they are probably the best quality mods that exist

When VaM has become like the DAZ store, the slightest thing will pay off, so you won't have to come and cry because that's what is likely to happen. Considering the growing number of morons willing to pay for any shit.

PS: And if we have to wait for someone to publish a plugin of a function which should be in the game but which is not because of what ...... Here it is, then yes the dev is incompetent or don't care. It's not like it hasn't been asked. But hey, no need to talk to a chair.

Take it however you want. The discussion is closed. Back to the main function of this thread.

With my most sincere thanks, have a good day and blah blah blah .......

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
By design you can copy var files and vam will load it.
As long as there is a demand for paid var files, there will be offer.
Talent has nothing to do with generosity. Paid and Quality are orthogonal concepts.
Also nobody is forcing you from downloading vam or these paid vars...

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
My friends, nobody forces you to pay for mods.
Meshed of all people doesn't force you to pay for his game, or creators content.
90% of all paid assets for VAM are not worth jack shit anyway, but the 10% of paid content that is worth paying for comes from genuine hard work. Proof comes from trying to replicate their work yourself.

Most of the shit creators will never accumulate enough followers to justify continuing their creations anyway. They either adapt or die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes