Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

minh1992

Aug 6, 2017
Its not just that. When i extracted file var and put it all the file to vam folder, i could load hair instead. Thats why i didnt get it :-?

tna20

Jul 11, 2019
Will it just break after a certain threshold? Will the size impact my performance, or just loading times? What are your experiences - how far can you go before the loading times become unbearable?
Good Question. I have over 2500 Files in the Folder "AddonPackages" - it does not break - Filter in VAM is set to 450 (?) anyway.
Folder Saves\scene is over 50.000 Files because of vacs + the extracted Version of those vacs

Big "Zips"/Vars load forever without SSD - like 800 MB Characters by Jinblade

a) I tried renaming the Folder AddonPackages and created a new one with only the needed Files for one scene
b) I tried putting VAM on an SSD - not much faster in my case (which seems strange)

In the preferences I see the Texture-Cache. It is 70 GB. What is yours?

I noticed: if you load two or three scenes in a row that are big, VAM gets very memory hungry.
Maybe memory leak? Loading 3 Scenes in a row sometimes makes VAM unresponsive

About RAM: 16 GB is sometimes not enough with other appliations open in windows. Better have 32 GB
So it seems also a question of RAM than file count

If you have more questions PM me, because I do not think this is a thread about tech questions?

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Its not just that. When i extracted file var and put it all the file to vam folder, i could load hair instead. Thats why i didnt get it :-?
As I said in post earlier, requirements for file naming inside var is not the same as when files are extracted. So this makes manual conversion a bit tricky. Obviously, when you build var inside vam, it stays coherent.
So, some vars will have problems and as soon as you extract their content, it will work.

Can you share an example of a var which gives you problem ?

Last edited:

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Good Question. I have over 2500 Files in the Folder "AddonPackages" - it does not break - Filter in VAM is set to 450 (?) anyway.
Folder Saves\scene is over 50.000 Files because of vacs + the extracted Version of those vacs

Big "Zips"/Vars load forever without SSD - like 800 MB Characters by Jinblade

a) I tried renaming the Folder AddonPackages and created a new one with only the needed Files for one scene
b) I tried putting VAM on an SSD - not much faster in my case (which seems strange)

In the preferences I see the Texture-Cache. It is 70 GB. What is yours?

I noticed: if you load two or three scenes in a row that are big, VAM gets very memory hungry.
Maybe memory leak? Loading 3 Scenes in a row sometimes makes VAM unresponsive

About RAM: 16 GB is sometimes not enough with other appliations open in windows. Better have 32 GB
So it seems also a question of RAM than file count

If you have more questions PM me, because I do not think this is a thread about tech questions?
I went from 16GB to 40GB and it didn't help that much actually. Reinstalled windows and this helped a bit. Now also reinstalled vam and only selectively copy vars that I like. I blacklist some vars which are insane also.
Could be that we had a major performance loss with var system as I can't remember having so much lag with older releases. Or windows updates, memory, file management, who knows with this black box OS.
Bad caching or memory references not released maybe. As you say, load 3 scenes in a row and.. you're dead. No disk activity, no excessive memory, nothing. Something funky going on.. The reset button in user preferences comes handy when you switch from a scene to another.

tna20

Jul 11, 2019
It is good that you mention this. On the other hand:

I do not care about: dude, girl, reptile, alien, grandpa doing mocap
I care about: mocap should be GOOD

From a marketing perspective it is maybe better to have a woman as company logo or seller.
Best move : he honestly admits that he is a money hungry male slut and did this to sell more? (no offense, nothing wrong about that)

Be-Not-Afraid

Nov 21, 2020
If anyone's trying out Anonymously's stuff, these seem to be missing

Morphs/female/SupaRioAmateur/BreastsExperimental/Clothed/Areolae Enlarge Inside Clone.vmi or name Areolae Enlarge Inside Clone referenced in save file

Morphs/female/Batov3D/Morph Suite/Batov3D Butt Defined.vmi or name Batov3D Butt Defined referenced in save file
Morphs/female/Batov3D/Morph Suite/Batov3D Butt Depth.vmi or name Batov3D Butt Depth referenced in save file
Morphs/female/Batov3D/Morph Suite/Batov3D Butt Volume B.vmi or name Batov3D Butt Volume B referenced in save file
Morphs/female/Batov3D/Morph Suite/Batov3D Thigh Depth Back.vmi or name Batov3D Thigh Depth Back referenced in save file
Morphs/female/Batov3D/Morph Suite/Batov3D Thigh Depth Front.vmi or name Batov3D Thigh Depth Front referenced in save file

anyone here that have these mind uploading them?

Last edited:

lol internet

Donor
Sep 8, 2019
Guys, instead of asking for new content, try to enjoy the torrent for a while, and also try to learn how to make new looks, for real, there are some morphs inside that torrent that you can use and will give you better results than any paywall look out there. The only reason i see for asking for a paywalled look it's because is some celeb or videogame that looks like the real thing and is hard to achieve with the editor.

I get that nobody here likes this paywall bullshit, but we already gave you 270GB of content, the next step is creating a "forever free" community of modders, learn how to create content with VaM and share it through the hub please.

Some of my VARs are inside the torrent, but it's not on the hub since those are Daz3D converted things. We need original free content.

alphaddict

Jan 16, 2018
doubtful as Reign posted concern that the name would create confusion on his discord. You can also see that Kitty's stuff is pretty raw. She is still learning and the work doesn't have tight tracking of Reign's stuff. Hope she keeps at it as it would be nice to have another mocap creator
Sure, that's a possibility. Or he could just be self reporting as to not seem suspect and be putting out low effort capture content for easy money on the KittyMocap Patreon.

alphaddict

Jan 16, 2018
Guys, instead of asking for new content, try to enjoy the torrent for a while, and also try to learn how to make new looks, for real, there are some morphs inside that torrent that you can use and will give you better results than any paywall look out there. The only reason i see for asking for a paywalled look it's because is some celeb or videogame that looks like the real thing and is hard to achieve with the editor.

I get that nobody here likes this paywall bullshit, but we already gave you 270GB of content, the next step is creating a "forever free" community of modders, learn how to create content with VaM and share it through the hub please.

Some of my VARs are inside the torrent, but it's not on the hub since those are Daz3D converted things. We need original free content.
I completely disagree with this sentiment. While the megapack is a glorious achievement, this thread is the easiest place to request and share the latest paywalled content now that Yiff is gone. Why would we want to put a stop to that?

lol internet

Donor
Sep 8, 2019
I completely disagree with this sentiment. While the megapack is a glorious achievement, this thread is the easiest place to request and share the latest paywalled content now that Yiff is gone. Why would we want to put a stop to that?
Because we deserve a modding community like the one Skyrim has. A paywalled community is something unimaginable there (Bethesda tried it and it was a shitstorm).

chellicosity

Nov 22, 2020
What part of that sentiment do you disagree with? I fail to see how encouraging the creation of new, free content is a bad thing. Personally I've been learning how to make clothes for VAM partially to spite paywallers by making similar coords but for free.

If you learn how to make decent stuff you can also license it under the NC clause of Creative Commons and nobody can ever profit off of it without permission.

Reactions: WetZoner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes