Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaddict

Jan 16, 2018
What part of that sentiment do you disagree with?
It's too little, too late. So much VAM content is now behind a paywall. Paid mods failed for Bethesda because Skyrim already had an incredbily strong rooted free modding community established.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging users to become creators if they desire, but to ask in this thread for people to stop requesting/posting new Patreon content outside of the megapack seems to go against everything we're here for.

In the end, there will always be more users than creators. If creators want to make their stuff free, they will. If they want to charge, they will.. and if users want it all, they'll either buy it or find another means to get it. I just don't see that ever changing.

chellicosity

Nov 22, 2020
It's too little, too late. So much VAM content is now behind a paywall. Paid mods failed for Bethesda because Skyrim already had an incredbily strong rooted free modding community established.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging users to become creators if they desire, but to ask in this thread for people to stop requesting/posting new Patreon content outside of the megapack seems to go against everything we're here for.

In the end, there will always be more users than creators. If creators want to make their stuff free, they will. If they want to charge, they will.. and if users want it all, they'll either buy it or find another means to get it. I just don't see that ever changing.
That's a bit of a defeatist attitude, don't you think? I don't think the original poster intended to say people should stop pirating Patreon shit entirely. It's more of a call to put effort into making new things that are free in order to establish a community that's less reliant on plundering Patreons. Yeah you're not going to convince any established Patreon creators to stop paywalling shit, but making more free stuff could establish an offshoot community built on collaboration and encourage new creators to be a part of that instead of thinking it's normal to start up a Patreon after making their first asset.

Saying it's too late is silly, it's never too late. Like 90% of Patreon content is made up of low quality looks anyways. It's not like there's major dependencies that every creator needs that are locked behind paywalls.

M1ki

Sep 2, 2017
Hi folks,

A little birdy informed me my files were included in the torrent here. Now first off, I'm A-OK with that because my content is mostly free anyways and allowed to be shared, BUT - there is a file included in the torrent that was glitched during creation due to a rare bug in a previous VaM version. This glitched VAR for some users has caused excessive loading times and potential issues with settings if it exists at all in your AddonPackages directory, even if you have the new version.

The file in question is Lara Crofts ToO hair version 1. I'd highly recommend the torrent host remove that file to prevent potentially hundreds of users from encountering that problem (I don't know if it actually affect's everyone tbh), and if you have that file in your directory already, you should delete it. Version 2 of the hair is bug-free, as updated and noted on the hub.

I've heard there could be other VAR's that have this problem too, though I don't know any details beyond that. Hopefully this helps save some future issues!

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Hi folks,

A little birdy informed me my files were included in the torrent here. Now first off, I'm A-OK with that because my content is mostly free anyways and allowed to be shared, BUT - there is a file included in the torrent that was glitched during creation due to a rare bug in a previous VaM version. This glitched VAR for some users has caused excessive loading times and potential issues with settings if it exists at all in your AddonPackages directory, even if you have the new version.

The file in question is Lara Crofts ToO hair version 1. I'd highly recommend the torrent host remove that file to prevent potentially hundreds of users from encountering that problem (I don't know if it actually affect's everyone tbh), and if you have that file in your directory already, you should delete it. Version 2 of the hair is bug-free, as updated and noted on the hub.

I've heard there could be other VAR's that have this problem too, though I don't know any details beyond that. Hopefully this helps save some future issues!
Hi.
Just a feedback from my side on latest version of VaM: I don't encounter any loading or usage issue while having both versions.
Thanks for the warning, and the hairs are great!

M1ki

Sep 2, 2017
Hi.
Just a feedback from my side on latest version of VaM: I don't encounter any loading or usage issue while having both versions.
Thanks for the warning, and the hairs are great!
Good to know! It's possible the recent VaM update fixed it, but I never received any official confirmation of that. Only going from what others have reported to me in the past.

alphaddict

Jan 16, 2018
That's a bit of a defeatist attitude, don't you think?
I'd consider it more of a realist view than defeatist. I really do want to believe that we can get to a much better place, but I just don't think it will happen in the VAM community. Maybe you're right and I'm just being way too negative, though.

VirtualREM

Dec 18, 2020
I'd consider it more of a realist view than defeatist. I really do want to believe that we can get to a much better place, but I just don't think it will happen in the VAM community. Maybe you're right and I'm just being way too negative, though.
I doubt VAM modding community will get closer to that of skyrim. A lot of VAM creators come from DAZ community since VAM is basically DAZ with physics and VR.
DAZ community is no stranger to paid content and since sex sells and making VAM content when you already have experience with daz is no brainer either VAM turns into a perfect breeding ground for paywalled content.
At least that's how I see it.

But while paywall can be cancerous it does motivates people to create more content (like clothes) and with piracy counterbalancing it even those who are broke can enjoy that extra content.

Last edited:

Lobstermode

Jul 18, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for a hijab piece of clothing, not the enerys one, that I lost and cannot find anywhere. It had a much tighter fit than the enrys one, and a darker color on the preview image.

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
Okay, either I'm stupid or blind (can't rule out both, though), but I can't find the hash/magnet/link for the torrent. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: Anon2469

Milkboxxx

Dec 5, 2019
VAM Patreon Paywall Pack thumbnails

I thought it might be usefull to have a link with only thumbnails for the great content included in the torrent.
Grab it .

You can group images by keywords in Windows explorer:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Enjoy
Incredible work! Makes finding things so much easier, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes