Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
VAR's won't mix in with your game files, which makes them easier to remove, and the author can use any file path they want to.
VAR files are just compressed archives, which is why your extracting software can open then. The need to decompress the VAR files in game does increase load time, while not much, the system is there to save on storage space.

The issue is that 90% of the creators using the VAR system make it extremely difficult on everyone else. There is no standard for them, they put their scene's dependencies in all the wrong places. IE, putting textures in the saves folder. It works fine in a VAR, but if you choose to extract it because you don't care about storage space, you have to manually fix the missing pieces when they fail to load. (Only if you care about keeping all of the files in the correct locations for your own use.)

I don't think RAM will have a big effect on VAM's overall performance, VAM memory usage only gets high after being in game for too long, and loading tons of shit. VAM needs a hard reset after you've loaded a bunch of scenes anyway.

I am officially over 200GB in my VAM folder. Half of that is just in clothing and textures. It takes me over 60 seconds to load a person atom on the first launch. My PC is not a potato either. At this point I say fuck it, 2.0 will be released soon(tm) enough, and we can all move on from the problems with this build.
Yes var is nice and all but when you get over 6000 var it sure makes game slow to load. Hell even opening menu. I decided to create new vam just for play what i only wanted.

ISven

May 19, 2017
I've search that: . But not found, somneone have this mod ?

I don't remember seeing it on Yiff.

Thanks (y)

Reactions: 1963Bidru

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I have 32gb and in my system vam alone easily chugs over 10gb
Same for me, the most I've ever seen VAM pull is 20GB, and that was after loading mass amounts of textures.
Just remember your background system pulls a few GB on it's own, so VAM isn't responsible for all of the memory being used.
Yes var is nice and all but when you get over 6000 var it sure makes game slow to load. Hell even opening menu. I decided to create new vam just for play what i only wanted.
Meshed did not intend for users to have 6,000 active VARs in their game files.
The more you bloat your file structure, the slower the game becomes.
I think that is self explanatory.

Oct 17, 2020
the most I've ever seen VAM pull is 20GB
Oof ow my poor skylake-era 16GB :HideThePain:

Any idea how much your pagefile was being abused while it pulled 20GB ram?
I messed around and set mine to 60GB and VaM used it ALL. Literally sat at 100% the entire time I was in game after loading 3 scenes.

Moved it off that old SSD after that, already had BF4 kill a drive.

Oct 17, 2020
Master of Puppets?

Honestly my favourite live DVD. Amazing show and the extras are a super sweet bonus, the behind-the-scenes-stuff is Lord of The Rings box-set tier extras.

(just ignore me, I'm being a cunt again and failing at being funny)

ED: yes Klary is an update, use this version

DANTEINFERNO

Jan 21, 2018
hi how do you open custom environments var file? I put it in addon packages folder but when i get to open the scene browser it does not show. Or is it because it has to be in another specific folder?

chellicosity

Nov 22, 2020
If anyone's able to procure this look I would be willing to take a shot at making her hair:

Also lol @ creators trying to sell incomplete looks. Like, why not just share what you have and see if someone else can pick up the rest?

Last edited:

Thothius

Nov 12, 2017
Hello hello people, take a gander at splineVR's latest creation. Remember to consider supporting his majestic works, as I do.

Courtney
Included is Trisha's skin set 2.0 'Substance mode' feat a new gen, bum and face texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes