Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

LVLPP

Jul 15, 2018
Hi, I'm a new with Vam. Can someone help me with the directory structure of the torrent? I don't know where to put the files to have them available inside the application.

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
Hi, I'm a new with Vam. Can someone help me with the directory structure of the torrent? I don't know where to put the files to have them available inside the application.
Put all the .VAR files in the AddonPackages folder. You can also make sub folders (inside AddonPackages) to make things more organize like clothes, scenes, looks and such...

Last edited:
Reactions: beldritch and LVLPP

bellypunch3d

May 23, 2019
Under UserPrefs of each item of clothing you can add the tag 'fave' (or whatever word you wish) to your favourite items, then when you type 'fave' in the tag search, only your favourites will appear.
Really! I didn't know that. I always wished the favorites option was there for clothing, but this sounds like a good alternative!

Reactions: tracerhater

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
If I put the var files in sub-folders in order to organize them better, will the newly downloaded scenes or looks find the dependencies even if they are not in the main directory?

Be-Not-Afraid

Nov 21, 2020
Any artist recommendations for celebs? My first headset is on the way and I'm excited to dive into some VaM action :sneaky:
My personal top ones in VR so far are Vecterror's Jessica Alba, Rihanna, MarRob Harley and Zombie_siris' Danaerys
and if it counts as celebrity theres one of Quiet that's the best.

Sadly no good Emma Watson or ScarJo ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: meta3DX
Jul 17, 2019
If I put the var files in sub-folders in order to organize them better, will the newly downloaded scenes or looks find the dependencies even if they are not in the main directory?
You can use sub folders if you want (VAM indexes on startup)
you can go multi folders deep (I'm not sure how deep it reads)
The only problem is if you have the same var in multiple folders
It will throw errors that it can't be added because it's already there

micwit

Sep 22, 2020
I just ran across something that I thought was worth sharing. I was downloading a torrent app and when I went to install it said it required a C++ package update be installed with a link to microsoft. So I installed this update

...an hour later I go into VAM on VR and ....boom!!! VAM runs 300% faster.

I noticed the performance enhancement in loading menus and scenes specifically. I had thought that the fact that my VAM directory had grown to 250gb was the reason it was lagging before...but maybe its a C++ issue.

Let me know if it works for you.

Reactions: linkleguedin

beldritch

Oct 7, 2020
I just ran across something that I thought was worth sharing. I was downloading a torrent app and when I went to install it said it required a C++ package update be installed with a link to microsoft. So I installed this update

...an hour later I go into VAM on VR and ....boom!!! VAM runs 300% faster.

I noticed the performance enhancement in loading menus and scenes specifically. I had thought that the fact that my VAM directory had grown to 250gb was the reason it was lagging before...but maybe its a C++ issue.

Let me know if it works for you.

Interesting! I'll try to do a few benchmarks later today and I'll post my results.

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
The best so far is Orregon in my humble opinion. In the latest submissions he delivered some true masterpieces.
His patreon it defenetely worth the subscription.
I have no idea why everyone is saying vecterror is the best... orregon is so much better then anyone, it's not even close.
I'm using vecterror looks mostly for the textures but even his textures has become kinda bad lately (weird colors and such).
In my opinion orregon and niko3dx are the best atm.

Last edited:

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
I have no idea why everyone is saying vecterror is the best... orregon is so much better then anyone, it's not even close.
I'm using vecterror looks mostly for the textures but even his textures has become kinda bad lately (weird colors and such).
In my opinion orregon and niko3dx are the best atm.
Lol, I'm on the opposite end of this, I think Orregon's stuff is really bad.
There aren't any real "experts" at celeb lookalikes in the VAM community like there are in the DAZ community. But of all the current creators, I'd say that Vecterror is the best by far.

initpassw2

Nov 27, 2020
There aren't any real "experts" at celeb lookalikes in the VAM community like there are in the DAZ community. But of all the current creators, I'd say that Vecterror is the best by far.
This is why there are a variety of creators to create looks of the same people even, since obviously people have their own preference. Personally I prefer Orregon to vecterror, but hardly any of them are really close enough to really be compelling once in motion.

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
I think they are limited by the tools they have to take it to the next level.
You can say you may prefer certain creator looks but you can't objectively say he's better.
Here are 3 examples of looks they both made (orregon left, vecterror right):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes