Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfreek

Sep 4, 2018
I have done extensive testing on this as i have both LINK AND VD and after days of side by side (and then months) I found early on that the oculus quest link sucked at launch and didnt get much better last year. Unless you like being tethered again though it does help with vanilla q2 battery so as a last resort I use to use LINK...but then I bought a battery for my q2 I have never looked back.

6 / 8 hrs allows me to get a lot more done in games and software like vam which can take an age if im doing animation etc.
Virtual desktop with a dedicated quality router 5ghz (not 2.4) connection (with no competition from mobiles etc) on high a speedbroadband with a med range gaming rig performance gets me 10 ms -15 ms and around 30 fps on medium settings ( real body physics on and 10+fps off).
With link I get about 30-50 ms and about 20 fps. Link is adequate but its not optimal imo.

On halflife 2 dont even waste your time as the link doesnt handle the set pieces very well and you get stutter and it kills immersion. This may have been improved upon in recent months but Virtual desktop for me was the only choice for nearly seamless play.
Support the creator if you can , as its very cheap for a working product.
Also you can adjust your settings on the fly for intensive multi character scenes.

I did write this all up with much more detail last year but i dont have that to hand. The real issue for me was battery and cable. VD and a battery pack like the elite or a frankenquest solves these issues once and for all. Add in some quality headphones and you might as well move into vr and not leave haha PM me if you need more specific details. Hope thats of use.
That's some great info! Thanks. I'm still curious about the difference between VD and ALVR, and I'll have to do some tests on my own to find out if my internet is fast enough to notice an improvement or degradation in performance on Link vs wireless. I think you need a high-quality router for it to work well.

Reactions: pigtamer69

Kingoftrouble

Apr 3, 2019
I added one more dress to the my megalink:

-while at it i think i decided to keep the name 7heCrow for my ports. enjoy!
-the new one is a v1, already made a v2 but I found 4 more texture sets and will make the presets later
to finalize the whole thing! -as is, Physics are enable by default! you might wanna up the Undress threshold if using Dances and the sort.

(if anyone got my old files just delete them and grab the .var ones up in the mega... future .var updates will overwrite the old ones, hit yes to overwrite!)

Kingoftrouble

Apr 3, 2019
Working on this one atm: the cape looks ugly so imma ready up a SiM texture for it in a sec..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
BTW any ideas why VaM now is adding some crazy transparency on cloth fabrics? this wasn't like that before...

Disgruntled_Dragon

Jun 13, 2019
Not sure how interested anyone might be, but thanks to the recent biochrisd uploads, I could edit their renamon for those of a trashy furry nature. Just changed some details.

Changes: Pink bits where applicable, more 'accurate' texture coloring, included a morph I believe is from FLTec to give sharp teeth instead of regular teeth, and the classic fingers. I don't know a way of hiding hands, so the normal model's fingers need to be posed to hide them under the new ones. Use CUAmanager for the bits.

Edit: File comes with original .var. The loose folders are the edited ones.
Editv2: if attachment doesn't work

Last edited:

Kingoftrouble

Apr 3, 2019
Not sure how interested anyone might be, but thanks to the recent biochrisd uploads, I could edit their renamon for those of a trashy furry nature. Just changed some details.

Changes: Pink bits where applicable, more 'accurate' texture coloring, included a morph I believe is from FLTec to give sharp teeth instead of regular teeth, and the classic fingers. I don't know a way of hiding hands, so the normal model's fingers need to be posed to hide them under the new ones. Use CUAmanager for the bits.

Edit: File comes with original .var. The loose folders are the edited ones.
For some reason wen i try to grab that file you dropped there it opens a new tab full of gibrish could you up it on mega or mediafire plz?

ddong4979

Dec 27, 2019
Hey. She is a real girl. No, she is not a prostitute. She is just a regular girl I hired. She is European. And no I am not prop for mocaps.

Those are already free on the hub

I am awake and feel sick as fuck but I will not delete anything.

Nah it's a good one dude :)

the link of some old scene you made is broken.
for example

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Still no luck. I have it already and looked in kemono (which btw is not even close to yiff).
these are what I already have, and the "definitive" pack is the one that needs PixelProprietor.Doll_body_Alita2

View attachment 1124353

Thanks anyway sooooo much!

Peace and Love
What does your error log say? I have only the definitive edition but the doll version loads just fine.

jagyro911

Oct 29, 2019
Still no luck. I have it already and looked in kemono (which btw is not even close to yiff).
these are what I already have, and the "definitive" pack is the one that needs PixelProprietor.Doll_body_Alita2

View attachment 1124353

Thanks anyway sooooo much!

Peace and Love
i have the PixelProprietor.BattleAngelAlitaDefinitivePack.1.var and the doll is included i believe
C:\VaM\AddonPackages\PixelProprietor.BattleAngelAlitaDefinitivePack.1.var\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\PixelProprietor\doll body.vmi etc etc etc
I'll share once the stupid thing uploads. Kinda big.

Last edited:

cherepaha111

Nov 28, 2019
Also looking for any nisDey (or famous animated) characters to relive some childhood dreams. I already have the 2 Cold sisters, Ahliita, HercuMeg. I would like a better version of Raplonghair. Also any female Simpson character. If any one cares to add on to this list of nostalgia, feel free to do so. Thanks :)
This is free post with Marge Simpson:
He also have Luann Van Houten, but not free.

• Haha

3i4aynqqje

Mar 21, 2021
For the Quest 2 buy Virtual Desktop, that links to the PC wirelessly.
Then it's just SteamVR (you need to install the oculus app too, setup the headset with a USB cable but you wont need it again).
VD works amazingly well and you can enjoy full PC VR with no wires. It's the only way to go.
It obviously add latency and some people just can't stand it. So it's the way to go if you are not too picky.

initpassw2

Nov 27, 2020
It obviously add latency and some people just can't stand it. So it's the way to go if you are not too picky.
Oculus link is supposed to be better than using Virtual Desktop, and I find Virtual Desktop to work exceedingly well (although this varies based on your distance from your router obviously). I have a valve index and most of the time actually prefer using the Quest 2 because of ease of use and no wires - and I don't feel like it's a sacrifice in any way of visual fidelity. The only real reason I use my Index is for the much better tracking.

Reactions: Dillo024
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes