Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
Did anything happen to Anonfiles, because I only get 503, no servers available for EVERY link here. Or is it only some german providers blocking that hoster?
me too not working recently but working at the mo. comes and goes.

Anyone have the

hWkINYa.png
the bamair1984 series of looks etc. I think a mega was posted a week back but it had a virus ? and was pulled...

And these infinte loops from the awesome reign mocap (though he shared alot recently which was nice).

Last edited:
Reactions: random_man

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
That's some great info! Thanks. I'm still curious about the difference between VD and ALVR, and I'll have to do some tests on my own to find out if my internet is fast enough to notice an improvement or degradation in performance on Link vs wireless. I think you need a high-quality router for it to work well.
Yes you do sadly and i bought one for that purpose but you can get one used on ebay cheap.
The 5ghz dedicated is what helps. Depends on your pc though . You need a monster to make it pay for yourself or you'll get issues on the pc which your adding to by streaming etc.

What ms are you getting on steamvr graph for link in VAM ?
pm me if you want to do more indepth testing as dont want to fill up thread too much.

Last edited:

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
I tried and it's terrible. The oculus link adds an extra overhead for the compression and the performances were really bad.
I found VAM works perfectly on quest 2 on Virtual desktop. I found link to not be worth it.
The wires free vam is amazing and I average about 30 fps in VR on HIGH on most things. If i drop settings i can get higher.

If anyone wants to use VAM on quest 2 i recommend it 100% if they take the time to get it set up and have a powerful pc as its only streaming what you already have with added issues. Happy to help anyone to set this up but best to do off this thread due to clutter.

Last edited:

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
I'm actually returning my quest 2 and buying the index. I think the compression is bad with the quest 2 + link, it really feels like playing a geforce now game. Wierdly it felt worse than my CV1, the colors gets all mixed, well like a video. Also I noticed a constant head wobbling and overall lack of precision in the tracking, it's good but not perfect.
I'm really digging to see 144hz on the index because I'm prone to motion sickness and this can help. That and the increase fov, better sound system, etc.
Your quest 2 is likely faulty. And the link is ime is not great but VD is!
I have 1 - 1 perfect gaming and excellent VAM in quest 2 via Virtual desktop. I have tried all other VR and they are all inferior to q2 due to the no cable and no weight and overall quality. I can use squadrons / half life / walking dead and vam with no issues.

BUT I had 2 faulty quests which i sent back because the first batch had issues but the later one is fine.
IMO It is superior to old rift and some HTC for price and performance and ease...though ive not tried anything from this year at top end.
I def recommend you try again without the link and with another q2 as i use it daily to create.
I can run on high to max at 30 fps on a med range pc and never have the issues youve discribed unless there is another problem on pc end.

I would hate for anyone to think VAM was not entirely playable on a quest 2 plus a good pc with a 2080 or 3080.
For the cheap price plus no wires and comfort if you use elite battery strap ....it is one of the best ways to use VAM imo...after trying a variety of options.
If you need help on settings pm me.

Last edited:

mmdvmdfan

Mar 18, 2018
Found some links to 5ch, but the virt-a-mate boards have been purged there. and now give HTTP ERROR 451 ( Unavailable For Legal Reasons ).

If anyone has a vpn with a exit point in japan, feel free to try.

You can try changing your ip by resetting your router. Maybe the current ip you have was blocked by 5ch.

Reactions: pigtamer69

nurnburgn

Feb 24, 2021
I found VAM works perfectly on quest 2 on Virtual desktop. I found link to not be worth it.
The wires free vam is amazing and I average about 30 fps in VR on HIGH on most things. If i drop settings i can get higher.

If anyone wants to use VAM on quest 2 i recommend it 100% if they take the time to get it set up and have a powerful pc as its only streaming what you already have with added issues. Happy to help anyone to set this up but best to do off this thread due to clutter.
i'd like to add that you can use the quest 2's built in hand tracker to grab shit in VAM without controllers. however there's quite a delay on my pc. could be because my pc i shit, cause it is. or the delay is because of the quest 2. either way it works.

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
i'd like to add that you can use the quest 2's built in hand tracker to grab shit in VAM without controllers. however there's quite a delay on my pc. could be because my pc i shit, cause it is. or the delay is because of the quest 2. either way it works.
Should be ZERO delay on TOUCH and hands free will have issues depending on your lighting and q2 dev settings.
Ive tried cpt hardcore on quest 2 native and hands free is 1-1 but youre asking alot from VAM which isnt the most optimal polished software even on the best system. Though there is an attachment ive seen which means you dont need your hands at all LOL :-O

What pc you have ? I can go through your settings but as i said it gets involved and it be best not to post entire how to guides on this sharing thread....

Reactions: Lavalampdrinker

initpassw2

Nov 27, 2020
This sounds awesome, but can you open the menus and move around using the hand tracking?

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
This sounds awesome, but can you open the menus and move around using the hand tracking?
Ive not tried it for menus other than browser but i wouldnt want to as the controller tracking is far more accurate.
VAM just isnt a polished finished product with 1-1 hand tracking ime (yet) so I use the controllers for menus.
Though if im making a scene then I use the desktop and the vr side by side as theyre better at different things.
Like I use tiltbrush in vr for fun and to get ideas and visualise 2d art in 3d but i use photoshop on pc for actual work.
If you want to create in VAM with your hands free i think that will be some time down the road unless the wired option is superior but then youre wired again..so hands free but with a huge cable suspended on a harness.
No perfect VAM solution yet imo :?

Reactions: Lavalampdrinker
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes