Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

thamajal

May 9, 2018
Even pirates can help :
Most of you guys know me and know my work. I am a motion capture creator for Virtamate. I have always strived to innovate the way we do things in VAM but sadly we have reached a wall. The tech we are using right now is not up to par and we are stuck with the same semi-boring scenes. Motion capture creators are trying all sort of solutions and I don't want to sound like an a-hole but I've already tested most of them months ago. Nothing works except submillimeter optical tracking. The tech we are using right now (vice trackers) is submillimeter tracking but it is not made for this kind of work. This tech is meant for gaming and most of the time it fails. Occlusion is a big problem (body parts get in front of the sensors) and because the way VAM recording works, any error will ruin the scene. There are not many body positions that we can do with this tech. Laying on the belly is impossible, doggy is close to impossible, hip movement is not well tracked, fast movement will lose tracking, cumbersome sensors, small tracking space. These are some of the problems we have to deal with. We can't even do a proper catwalk. Not to mention multi actor tracking. Why not mention it? Because there is none. As far as I am aware I am the first mofo who tried double model animation. The way I did it is to record the first model and then the second one. It works to a degree but we can't really sync stuff so it looks weird. We need proper multi actor tracking.
Some creators are trying new methods like the Rokoko suit. I really hope they make it and to a degree it might be useful. Sadly I have tested the suit extensively with VAM. Results were very poor. The suit drifts, has no absolute positioning, does not understand elevation and also needs hard cleaning of the mocap. With hard cleaning we lose a lot of resolution from the mocap. To get an idea of this get one of my mocaps and apply ''smooth moves'' plugin to all of it. You will see the loss in resolution.
I have also tried PlayStation Eye tracking with 4 cameras. Nothing worked. We need a better solution.
ENTER OPTITRACK
Optitrack is ''military grade'' optical tracking use by AAA studios, movies studios, science labs and science colleges. It is the best we've got when it comes to tracking.
Submillimeter tracking, multi actor support, VR supported, finger tracking, face tracking, fast movement tracking. With this system, an acrobatic pole dance would be a breeze. It would be impossible to track this with the vive trackers. So no strippers for us :(
Sex scenes would look extremely realistic with two actors being tracked in the same time.
Because the set-up is easy we can have professional dancers tracked and also fast movement will not be a problem. Surface tracking is up to 10x10 meters and that means catwalks would be extremely easy to do.
The accuracy of the tracking will allow us to capture the fine detail in movement.
The system uses a suit with light markers and that means the actor/model can move naturally. We can capture the difference in motion from actor to actor. One person moves in a certain way and others move differently. With the current system our models move kind of like gorillas.
VAM is an amazing software and motion capture breaths life into our models. I believe we can do better that we are right now.

I am going to build this system and I need your help to do it. If you love my work and love motion capture you understand how important it is to build such a system and I am asking for your help

I am setting up this Patreon in order to raise the funds and build the damn thing. Why Patreon? Because I am a filthy romanian and I am not allowed on the crowdfunding websites also Patreon has been good to me and everything was always cool with them.

I know I am going to get some hate for this and people will say am I am greedy. I am telling you, if I could build this on my own I would.
Any donations coming trough this patreon will remain there until the goal is reached.

If this is successful, backers of this project will receive exclusive motion captured scenes that will never again be available on the main patreon.

Depending on the tier of the donation you will receive the equivalent of being subbed to my main patreon. I will do an average of how many mocaps I get a month and you will receive that amount of exclusive mocaps done on the new system

Here you have a link with the system at work :

It does not matter how long it takes to get to the goal as long as we get there. I would prefer to build it before 2.0 is out.

I am taking a risk with this but I don't care. All I care about is stepping up the mocap game for VAM.
I will keep this patreon updated with info and future plans. I have already contacted the Optitrack staff and we are working on a set-up that would be perfect for VAM.

Let's fucking do this and I promise you that you'll experience shit in VAM that no one thought possible.

TO ALL MY PATREONS : To get some attention to this project I will dump all my work again for free. Please don't feel left out or bummed out because you payed and others are getting it for free. I am very grateful for your support and I am able to do this kind of work only because of you. Thank you!

HERE OS THE LINK WHERE YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PROJECT :
Make sure to slip in some DAZ stuff like last time too! I'm more interested in that as currently i don't have HMDs in my country, let alone own one. I'm just here to share some of the creative work i can do for free (which is converting characters from DAZ). I could've surely helped you out if i had a set; good luck with your project though :)

Reactions: jckwon

Belugahs

May 5, 2017
looking for new nials and TGC scenes

ReignMocap

Oct 26, 2020
I'm quite happy with your current stuff, especially your earlier work, just make more of it! :)
Honestly, your current mocap setup is good enough for me!
Yeah
Make sure to slip in some DAZ stuff like last time too! I'm more interested in that as currently i don't have HMDs in my country, let alone own one. I'm just here to share some of the creative work i can do for free (which is converting characters from DAZ). I could've surely helped you out if i had a set; good luck with your project though :)
you don’t need a hdm to enjoy vam. Ti be honest I don’t use vr much with vam

Reactions: cluckmuck

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Try supporting the project if you want better stuff to steal :))))
First lets ask the question for who does this project makes sense ;)

We have so many Motion Capture data to work with by now and bring it into all kind of results the mass of data we acquired will allow us to go much further together with the underlying physics in play.
Sooner or later we wont only have a complete Motion Builder inside of VAM but much more :)

The Goal overall is to make all these things easier for the big masses so i don't see the use of a more complex Motion Capture project for this Goal.

It only makes sense for the individual users Realtime VR Interaction experience to improve this but not everyone will be able to purchase a optitrack or vicon setup so it's useless we can create submilimeter motion accuracy procedural out of the data we have by now coupling it with the physics model for non realtime interaction use cases at least.

Miscreated is doing here some really good foundation work :)

Last edited:

RyanG02

Apr 24, 2020
If there's one thing I've always wanted to see in motion capture, as someone who has a raging foot fetish, is the subtle movements of the toes. How accurate is this system in tracking that?

Last edited:

33DUDE33

Jun 10, 2019
Even pirates can help :
Most of you guys know me and know my work. I am a motion capture creator for Virtamate. I have always strived to innovate the way we do things in VAM but sadly we have reached a wall. The tech we are using right now is not up to par and we are stuck with the same semi-boring scenes. Motion capture creators are trying all sort of solutions and I don't want to sound like an a-hole but I've already tested most of them months ago. Nothing works except submillimeter optical tracking. The tech we are using right now (vice trackers) is submillimeter tracking but it is not made for this kind of work. This tech is meant for gaming and most of the time it fails. Occlusion is a big problem (body parts get in front of the sensors) and because the way VAM recording works, any error will ruin the scene. There are not many body positions that we can do with this tech. Laying on the belly is impossible, doggy is close to impossible, hip movement is not well tracked, fast movement will lose tracking, cumbersome sensors, small tracking space. These are some of the problems we have to deal with. We can't even do a proper catwalk. Not to mention multi actor tracking. Why not mention it? Because there is none. As far as I am aware I am the first mofo who tried double model animation. The way I did it is to record the first model and then the second one. It works to a degree but we can't really sync stuff so it looks weird. We need proper multi actor tracking.
Some creators are trying new methods like the Rokoko suit. I really hope they make it and to a degree it might be useful. Sadly I have tested the suit extensively with VAM. Results were very poor. The suit drifts, has no absolute positioning, does not understand elevation and also needs hard cleaning of the mocap. With hard cleaning we lose a lot of resolution from the mocap. To get an idea of this get one of my mocaps and apply ''smooth moves'' plugin to all of it. You will see the loss in resolution.
I have also tried PlayStation Eye tracking with 4 cameras. Nothing worked. We need a better solution.
ENTER OPTITRACK
Optitrack is ''military grade'' optical tracking use by AAA studios, movies studios, science labs and science colleges. It is the best we've got when it comes to tracking.
Submillimeter tracking, multi actor support, VR supported, finger tracking, face tracking, fast movement tracking. With this system, an acrobatic pole dance would be a breeze. It would be impossible to track this with the vive trackers. So no strippers for us :(
Sex scenes would look extremely realistic with two actors being tracked in the same time.
Because the set-up is easy we can have professional dancers tracked and also fast movement will not be a problem. Surface tracking is up to 10x10 meters and that means catwalks would be extremely easy to do.
The accuracy of the tracking will allow us to capture the fine detail in movement.
The system uses a suit with light markers and that means the actor/model can move naturally. We can capture the difference in motion from actor to actor. One person moves in a certain way and others move differently. With the current system our models move kind of like gorillas.
VAM is an amazing software and motion capture breaths life into our models. I believe we can do better that we are right now.

I am going to build this system and I need your help to do it. If you love my work and love motion capture you understand how important it is to build such a system and I am asking for your help

I am setting up this Patreon in order to raise the funds and build the damn thing. Why Patreon? Because I am a filthy romanian and I am not allowed on the crowdfunding websites also Patreon has been good to me and everything was always cool with them.

I know I am going to get some hate for this and people will say am I am greedy. I am telling you, if I could build this on my own I would.
Any donations coming trough this patreon will remain there until the goal is reached.

If this is successful, backers of this project will receive exclusive motion captured scenes that will never again be available on the main patreon.

Depending on the tier of the donation you will receive the equivalent of being subbed to my main patreon. I will do an average of how many mocaps I get a month and you will receive that amount of exclusive mocaps done on the new system

Here you have a link with the system at work :

It does not matter how long it takes to get to the goal as long as we get there. I would prefer to build it before 2.0 is out.

I am taking a risk with this but I don't care. All I care about is stepping up the mocap game for VAM.
I will keep this patreon updated with info and future plans. I have already contacted the Optitrack staff and we are working on a set-up that would be perfect for VAM.

Let's fucking do this and I promise you that you'll experience shit in VAM that no one thought possible.

TO ALL MY PATREONS : To get some attention to this project I will dump all my work again for free. Please don't feel left out or bummed out because you payed and others are getting it for free. I am very grateful for your support and I am able to do this kind of work only because of you. Thank you!

Dude you are pulling 3500 - 4000 Dollars (or more) a month with your patreon and yet you are still here on this piracy board pitching your business. Good content = more people support. Yes, you are being greedy. Be happy with what you have.

Last edited:

ReignMocap

Oct 26, 2020
Dude you are pulling 3500 - 4000 Dollars (or more) a month with your patreon and yet you are still here on this piracy board pitching your business. Good content = more people support. Yes, you are being greedy. Be happy with what you have.
It's not about the money my dude :). No one is forcing you do do anything. It's my duty to let people know the can support a better system. Aren't you fucking tired of the same bullshit scenes? I am. A think we can do better. I see no one trying to do it. Fuck it I'll do it. People are rasing millions for all sorts of stupid shit. I think this is worth it. Also I am making money because I make decent content. Good luck

ReignMocap

Oct 26, 2020
If there's one thing I've always wanted to see in motion capture, as someone who has a raging foot fetish, is the subtle movements of the toes. How accurate is this system in tracking that? I
To be honest I don't know if it supports toes. I do know it supports finger tracking, The tracking is submillimeter so it's the best there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes