Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2018
Oh man, my review got the boot.
They want 200 characters worth of text, there is not even that many letters in the alphabet! lol
(i will review again if i find the right words but this Thread is great! ! !)
Try something like this "I had been pretty active on this thread and after a few days suddenly I realized oh my God! I spend a lot of time here. I was very very active on other threads but there's a reason why I like this thread. _______ (State the reason and make it 3-4 lines ;) ) Like I said earlier yeah these are the reasons why I like this thread. So I just wanted to give it a review and say ....
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD! ps: Don't boot it this time"

• Haha
Reactions: Great-Expectations
Apr 22, 2018
Oh man, my review the boot.
They want 200 characters worth of text, there is not even that many letters in the alphabet! lol
(i will review again if i find the right words but this Thread is great! ! !)
Try something like this "I had been pretty active on this thread and after a few days suddenly I realized oh my God! I spend a lot of time here. I was very very active on other threads but there's a reason why I like this thread. _______ (State the reason and make it 3-4 lines ;) ) Like I said earlier yeah these are the reasons why I like this thread. So I just wanted to give it a review and say ....
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD! ps: Don't boot it this time"
That is really good!

aphids

Oct 14, 2019
So I've jumped into making morphs in Blender using the VaM->DAZ->OBJ->Blender->DAZ-Morphs->VaM workflow from Junos guide on the hub and it's been working out pretty well; if a little tediouse repeating the import/export settings in DAZ over and over. So I went looking for shortcuts one night in June I apparently downloaded "VAM to Daz 1.0.zip" with a main "Converting_VAM_to_Daz.exe" and 4 bat files to to do Female/Male and the Gen morphs. I searched here and on the hub for a bit tonight with no hits; but terms are always tricky and maybe I got it off one of the active discord servers (VaM, NoOC, etc) or even github.

Thing is -- I'm fairly OCD about my file system and I'm drawing a blank on this one. There is no README in the archive, I didn't make any notes and even don't remember where I got it from... Honestly, creation time was 1:21am so I was probably drinking.

If anyone knows the origin of this it would be helpful before I setup a VM to avoid running rando exes on my machine. TIA

iconiQ

Jun 17, 2020
Can you share some more details pls ? Is this like AR with VAM ? but via the iffy pass through but a proof of concept ?(which is exciting). Was Anyone able to record this ?
You nailed exactly what it did.

If you were on v26 or v27 (at the time) you would have your guardian enabled (rooomscale or stationary - it didn't matter), have developer options available, and then you'd slightly lean out of the guardian boundary until you could see the pass-thru begin to take effect. You would then toggle guardian off in the settings of developer and the "glitch" would cause the runtime to produce an internal error which managed to allow the external cameras to remain functional no matter what app you were using.

By playing with how far out you lean past the guardian you could then determine the amount of contrast from the cameras that would be allowed to make it into the app you chose. In VAM's case I would only allow a slight bit of contrast (barely allowing pass-thru to engage) and have black backgrounds, dark walls, or environments that lent themselves to this criteria which would create a "pop" effect for the model or asset I was bringing into VAM.

SCRPY allowed recording of the camera's during this glitch but, in my haste, I didn't get around to making a video of it in action. Then, upon picking up my headset, it wonderfully managed to auto-update to v28 squashing any future attempt to make it happen. I've been waiting in hopes that a new firmware release would have the "glitch" return, but, so far, nothing has materialized.

I've got multiple Q1's and Q2's and they've all updated except a single Q1. It's on an older firmware and I fear if I do turn it on I'll end up on v31. Downgrading firmware does not appear to be an option currently.

There are a few YouTube videos of it in action (for other purposes, not VAM), however, the glitch never really made it widespread.

With the new API for AR there may be a hope that we will be able to once again have control over a global AR/MR mode. To me, that's the natural progression of VR and one that FB appears to be leaning towards in the future. There have been rumors afloat that the next full iteration of FB's headset will include color cameras hence why I believe a global option is inevitable.

If you kind of want to see what the fuss may have been about (and you're on v31) you could try using SideQuest to install the single AR app that's currently available. Sure beats the hell out of installing Unity and the newer Oculus libraries and pissing around getting it to work!

Apologies for the novel! Oops!

• Love
Reactions: pigtamer69

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
You nailed exactly what it did.
Apologies for the novel! Oops!
thanks ! genuinely interesting. And a shame this wasn't documented more but i can see some form of this being the future. :-D

The issue is my vr room is horrible lol so seeing it in vr would be like the last thing I want :?
All those boxes of decades old newspapers stacked to the ceiling, the overflowing trash can of rotting food, the rat traps filled with decaying corpses, my fat bloated deceased wife decomposing in the 'sex swing', the damp pealing yellowing wallpaper hanging off the walls...not to forget the hundreds of black with bugs sticky fly traps suspended from the ceiling!
In vr I try to get away from this paradise...also i enjoy not being able to see the manacles and chains on my crippled feet. I'm not sure id want AR...unless i can map a NYC penthouse of babes over my cesspool of shame... (Apologies for this extract from my upcoming novel ;)
:-O

Last edited:

Pesadilla

Are you sure this isn't a nightmare?
Donor
Sep 28, 2018
I finished a set of scripts that completely clean VAM VARs from duplicate morphs, clothes, and hair while preserving the integrity of the game (no errors and everything loads) this reduces the disk space that the VAR files use and also loading times.

You need to have python and some modules (i will make a step by step manual for this)

To do this my script first scan what VARS you have and compares them in a SQLite database that contains my know VAR clothes, then it will enter each and every single one of the VARs and when it detect a duplication it will erease it from the VAR leaving only the author ones but preserving the presets and extra textures that some creators add on top of others work.

Another script will scan all your VARs and delete the duplicate morphs (speeding the scene loading times) this will need you to install my morph collection into your Custom Morph directory (i will make a tutorial about this)

Another script will make the same thing that the first does but with hairs.

And finally the last script will remove all the dependencies from your VARS, this will speed up the loading times, and sometimes cause you to have problems in your scenes if you dont really have all the requiered dependencies, most of us have everything anyway, but if you dont you will have to pay extra attention to the error log to see what you are missing.

I been testing this the last month and it works really well, but this is something you all like to try? (i mean just writing the damn manual bores me i love to code but not a big fan of documentation lol, so if there is not enough interest i will keep it to myself)

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
I finished a set of scripts that completely clean VAM VARs from duplicate morphs, clothes, and hair while preserving the integrity of the game (no errors and everything loads) this reduces the disk space that the VAR files use and also loading times.

You need to have python and some modules (i will make a step by step manual for this)

To do this my script first scan what VARS you have and compares them in a SQLite database that contains my know VAR clothes, then it will enter each and every single one of the VARs and when it detect a duplication it will erease it from the VAR leaving only the author ones but preserving the presets and extra textures that some creators add on top of others work.

Another script will scan all your VARs and delete the duplicate morphs (speeding the scene loading times) this will need you to install my morph collection into your Custom Morph directory (i will make a tutorial about this)

And finally the last script will remove all the dependencies from your VARS, this will speed up the loading times, and sometimes cause you to have problems in your scenes if you dont really have all the requiered dependencies, most of us have everything anyway, but if you dont you will have to pay extra attention to the error log to see what you are missing.

I been testing this the last month and it works really well, but this is something you all like to try? (i mean just writing the damn manual bores me i love to code but not a big fan of documentation lol, so if there is not enough interest i will keep it to myself)
I can help to create a manual if you want !

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
That look is amazing and works well with the latest ShittyMocap free scene ...once you've fixed all of kittys usual issues and made it vr viable.
It is Quite performance heavy but if you're looking for a 'religious' experience (touch'in up an Angel? haha) then it's worth yurt time.

For best results:
  • Add in Eisha look. Add in clothing. I recommend the pictured clothing. It all works well despite some clipping.
  • the sound track needs to be extended but if you edit it to have no gaps its fine.
  • Remove the intrusive patreon links.
  • Other things to adjust is the looks positioning (due to size differential).
  • Remove all male hare.
  • Add a mirror behind.
  • And lock out all the possess nodes on the female.
  • Add in plugins you like but be mindful of conflicts.
  • Save it :-D
Base scene:

213231.png
All credit to everyone but me ;)

fsfesafe.png effes.png fsafs.png ffdes.png

Last edited:

Bigrabi

Jul 18, 2020

Holy moly man you're a legend!!! :love:

• Love
Reactions: Great-Expectations
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes