Drozerx

Mar 21, 2020
Natively - no.
Via an USB-C cable & the Oculus app: yes.

Sadly because of technical limitations, I don't think that we will ever get a build that can run natively :/
Sad, i was looking foward to trying out the game, but well it seems i need to buy the cable to connect it to the pc, at least i can get to play more games.

Trent Randy

May 3, 2021
All you need is USB-C into your computer with a USB 3.0 or better, then you can run airlink (wireless), assuming your computer has bluetooth

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
All you need is USB-C into your computer with a USB 3.0 or better, then you can run airlink (wireless), assuming your computer has bluetooth

I'd just like to clarify some confusion in the last couple comments. As said, you cannot do it through Quest natively; it's just not designed for that, and the CPU loads tax many a more powerful chipset. The above quoted statement is confused though. If you run airlink/virtual desktop, you do not need USB or bluetooth at all (unless the usb was only being used for charging?). I don't even understand where bluetooth would come in. Gamepad Controllers? Headphones? Am I forgetting something that I'm taking for granted in how it runs? I am getting old...

I personally ditched oculus link (wired) and generally use airlink (I got better performance after awhile through it than through virtual desktop) through a dedicated internetless router. My cpu (it's a 10th gen i7 msi laptop, 64gb ram) is then connected to my main router wirelessly (just how my setup happens to be) AND also directly wired via ethernet to a router with no internet so that the Quest can connect to my cpu through that 2nd router from just a few feet away wirelessly with no other device congestion. I launch the oculus app, let oculus link launch, and my connection is golden without any cables unless I connect my anker powercore 20000 PD for hours and hours of extra battery life.***I also swapped the openVR driver out for one that doesn't go through SteamVR to run it. There's a post on the closed mod asset thread all about how to do that. Otherwise, when you open it through explorer the first time and then Oculus home after that, it will still open through steamVR.

Point being, if your router is in the same room as your headset space, and you have a decent one (w 5Ghz or newer) and a decent internet plan, there's probably no reason you can do without oculus link and a usb cable. Give airlink a try and keep an eye on battery drain. Plenty of youtube vids out there on best setup practices. I will acknowledge that sometimes after having my quest connected to my internet-connected router, I have to reboot it before connecting it to my other router and having the headset find the cpu to launch airlink. So if you go my specific route, you may have to watch out for that. Cheers.

CreamySeed

Sep 16, 2019
How about Gofile?
Here:
VaM v1.20.77.9 in 7z archive with ultimate compression.
Can you uploud in Mega, please..(。・ω・。)
I have Mega pro lite. I'm really begging you, because I downloaded with a vpn and when my vpn suddenly stopped I couldn't continue the download, only mega can do it

Last edited:

Trent Randy

May 3, 2021
I'd just like to clarify some confusion in the last couple comments. As said, you cannot do it through Quest natively; it's just not designed for that, and the CPU loads tax many a more powerful chipset. The above quoted statement is confused though. If you run airlink/virtual desktop, you do not need USB or bluetooth at all (unless the usb was only being used for charging?). I don't even understand where bluetooth would come in. Gamepad Controllers? Headphones? Am I forgetting something that I'm taking for granted in how it runs? I am getting old...
idk for whatever reason I wasn't able to do it through my phone so I just wired it to my computer. I swear it used BT to connect to the headset, but I guess it's just remote streaming through the router.

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
idk for whatever reason I wasn't able to do it through my phone so I just wired it to my computer. I swear it used BT to connect to the headset, but I guess it's just remote streaming through the router.
I'm not trying to belabor any previous points here, but trying to process your two recent comments, it sounds like you might not be clear on what form of oculus link you're using which may have complicated your own setup. If you are using a wired 3.0 usb cable to your headset, the expectation is you'd be using oculus link (wired). However, if you enabled oculus airlink (wireless) it will ignore your wired connection and attempt to do wireless linking until you go back and disable airlink in settings. The fact that you mentioned using the cable and then running airlink (wireless) makes me wonder if this is what you're doing. In that case, your USB cord isn't doing anything except perhaps providing some power to the headset. You can leave it like that if it does keep it better charged, but I just want to make clear that cords aren't needed for airlink (that's the point, really); when using airlink, usb cables aren't part of the data transfer process.
Also, I don't know what your phone has to do with anything unless you were using it to create a hotspot with your cpu where you don't have cable internet (which I assume is more common outside of the US/EU). If you were speaking of the phone oculus app, it has nothing to do with these processes. It's all done through the headset settings and the PC oculus software.

agentsurf

Sep 8, 2019
I've been playing with this a little while, but I can't find a plugin or a basic function that should have been there from the start...why isnt there a Penis hand? like replacing your controler with a dick, instead of a hand. Or maybe a POV dick that follows 3 feet below your eyes. Shouldn't that have been the base to an engine like that? Sorry if it's elsewhere but searching for 'penis hand' doesnt really work lol.

Novarious

Jun 4, 2018
Wow what a fantastic tool/game. Thank you for the upkeep and the information everyone.

I have a rather strange issue going on. The hair in my game seems to be glitching out. no hair.png

Now its not all the hair in the game. Most of the creator uploads seem to work but when i tweak them they all resort to this whispy render....

I run at 1920x1080 for the game but i have done it at 5120x2880 just to see if it works. (god the UI becomes unusuable)

Happy to answer any questions i can for more information.

matrix7878

Mar 22, 2022
can i run this game on pc but with normal vrgear + Trinus Cardboard ? .Trinus support SteamVR
another question .. Does the game support keyboard/mouse or gamepad in VR mode?

Edit :
i downloaded the game ( by Updater only)
i can enter vr mode with my pc + smartphone by SteamVR + Trinus Cardboard
i can move arround the charcters inside scenes with mouse/keyboard ..Right click +A or D)
I can click with my mouse on some things inside the scene, such as Next or Start Over

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020
Can you uploud in Mega, please..(。・ω・。)
I have Mega pro lite. I'm really begging you, because I downloaded with a vpn and when my vpn suddenly stopped I couldn't continue the download, only mega can do it
Sorry, I don't have that archive anymore. Did it for one time personal use and post a link only because I accidentally noticed a request.
Maybe someone, who downloaded it already, can reupload on Mega?

Reactions: CreamySeed

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
Just curious is anyone else noticed that Spline recently started selling recordings of his work through SLR (not talking about single lens reflex here)? Is that recorded from VAM or is it through other means? I was curious what the more graphically educated/experienced among us thought of it.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It's dumb just the ordinary Substance Workflow almost everyone uses worth 0 to pay for, all these people get insane.

jesusgirlstopthatareyouinsane4.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: smittypunk

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VAM 2.0 still far away for real crazy fuck parties :D

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes