4.70 star(s) 17 Votes
May 2, 2021
Does anyone know what creator made a scene where you follow a model around a stun gun - consensual sex game. I‘m not looking for the scene, just the creator‘s name.

I think it was in the rain, the default model had a black coat on, I don’t remember and have had a lot of trouble finding it again.

??

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Does anyone know what creator made a scene where you follow a model around a stun gun - consensual sex game. I‘m not looking for the scene, just the creator‘s name.

I think it was in the rain, the default model had a black coat on, I don’t remember and have had a lot of trouble finding it again.

??
I think its a scene from somebody called NoHeadNoLeg

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I gonna transfer it over into the VAM Skills thread sucessfull stability test the Motion result is perfect ;)

Treekicker

Sep 23, 2017
So a question for you guys who have VR. Is VR actually worth it? Whats it like with this game. I will at some point be looking into VR (maybe when occulus 3 drops?) and wondered if its a game changer vs desktop mode.
I have vr and tbh I use desktop mode 95% of the time. Vr is nice for a sense of presence but that's about it. interactions feel to clumsy as it is right now. (to be fair tho my gpu is not as good as it can be but I can play on high settings somewhat well provided there not really to many people and hair is int super high.)

Reactions: Schulth

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
yeah when I try to unzip need a password...

Yea, no one knows to what particular archive you're referring to, in case that wasn't clear.
Or worse yet, if you're somehow unclear that when you unzip an archive and it asks for a password, the password is archive-specific, not universal to winrar, well, now you know.

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
So a question for you guys who have VR. Is VR actually worth it? Whats it like with this game. I will at some point be looking into VR (maybe when occulus 3 drops?) and wondered if its a game changer vs desktop mode.

So, I figure I've been around long enough to give my two cents to this question, too. Absolutely worth it, but I already had VR. When I'm creating a look, I use desktop to modify/morph-play my imports, but it's all so I can view them in VR. When you're face to face with a look you're familiar with and it's close enough that for a moment you get that chill from them looking back at you, that's why I do it. I wouldn't even bother with desktop mode if I wasn't going to eventually take it into VR. When your brain slips past uncanny valley into immersion in those moments, it's hard to forget. Whether you're taking pride in your creation or like what's looking back or whatever, it's just a different experience than just 3d-model playing in desktop. I learned to work the finer detailing and importing functions simply to improve my VR experience. That's my take. To each their own.

braianb

May 3, 2022
Hi guys, one question, I downloaded the VAM from the torrent link and when I open some scenes that need plugins the error log says that this dependency is missing: MeshedVR.PresetsPack.latest. I did some research and that dependency should be inside the game. What should I do?

braianb

May 3, 2022
Thanks glossywombat, I download the latest VaM_Updater and now is downloading other assets, hope this solve the problem.

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
So, I figure I've been around long enough to give my two cents to this question, too. Absolutely worth it, but I already had VR. When I'm creating a look, I use desktop to modify/morph-play my imports, but it's all so I can view them in VR. When you're face to face with a look you're familiar with and it's close enough that for a moment you get that chill from them looking back at you, that's why I do it. I wouldn't even bother with desktop mode if I wasn't going to eventually take it into VR. When your brain slips past uncanny valley into immersion in those moments, it's hard to forget. Whether you're taking pride in your creation or like what's looking back or whatever, it's just a different experience than just 3d-model playing in desktop. I learned to work the finer detailing and importing functions simply to improve my VR experience. That's my take. To each their own.
Good feedback to know. I suppose what I want to know (never having used VR) is how real does it feel. So if you stick the headset on and just walk/move around a look does it feel like theres an actual person in front of you? or is it obvious your playing a game.

My original plan for VR is beyond just a fap tool for VAM and for use in things like Flight Simulator. Having never tried it what I really want to know is how real or how "there"do you feel when using it. Its not a cheap thing to buy so want to make the right decision of course...

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
I have vr and tbh I use desktop mode 95% of the time. Vr is nice for a sense of presence but that's about it. interactions feel to clumsy as it is right now. (to be fair tho my gpu is not as good as it can be but I can play on high settings somewhat well provided there not really to many people and hair is int super high.)
I wonder if this will be improved in VAM 2.x? I have a pretty decent machine 5900x, 3080, 64gb ram etc but the other concern is VR kills performance. Again, thank you for your input its good to hear from as many as possible.

Mods: sorry for replying to two separate posts...

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
Good feedback to know. I suppose what I want to know (never having used VR) is how real does it feel. So if you stick the headset on and just walk/move around a look does it feel like theres an actual person in front of you? or is it obvious your playing a game.

My original plan for VR is beyond just a fap tool for VAM and for use in things like Flight Simulator. Having never tried it what I really want to know is how real or how "there"do you feel when using it. Its not a cheap thing to buy so want to make the right decision of course...

If you're talking specifically VAM, you can find yourself staring at a face and have moments where your mind/body responds like an actual person is staring back at you (especially depending on what facial/gaze scripts are running). That said, the limitations of VAM and VR in general includes many things that are immersion breaking (you move with the thumbsticks, not your body; 'possessing' characters and lining up with others can be tedious during scenes; scenes with multiple setups have loading times between them and then you have to reposition yourself in the scene; interaction with characters is limited even with the most advanced of animated scenes at this point, etc.)

For VR in general. OOf. That's hard to say. It's a legitimately different experience from desktop gaming and applications. Many games don't even try for the 'life' realism in the first place, so it's more about forgetting you're not there as opposed to feeling like you are there, if that makes sense. For example, as good as The Climb 1 & 2 can look, you don't really believe you're climbing an actual cliffside, until the first time you slip up and fall, and your heart skips a beat, and you realize your brain was so focused on that task it forgot for a split moment there was no danger of actually falling. You can certainly get sucked into the world of games, but you're not going to forget that's all they are. I haven't used flight simulator so I cannot say how impressive it is for 'believing' one is in a plane after the novelty of crisp views from real images and a realistic cockpit wear off. That is also a beast of a system demand itself, if I recall.
The fears of being chased in horror VR generate true terror for many, but so too can simple desktop/console horror. Actual physical feedback of any kind is still in its infancy, as mainstream haptic options are beginning to come to significant commercial market. If I'm being honest, I have over 150 VR titles, and I mostly use mine for VR workouts (VR Fit & Les Mills) on non-lifting days and video playback. That said, I've had some truly enjoyable experiences in Red Matter, The Room VR, I Expect You to Die, and Crisis VRigade, and many other games that I get a kick out of jumping in for a brief bit of entertainment. I'm sure the experience in many games could be boosted by indulging in multiplayer aspects, but I personally seldom do that.

I think the value of VR increases when you're looking at it as serving more than one purpose (entertainment, connecting with people, exercise, relaxation, creating in a new digital medium, watching media, etc.). If you go into it with just one experience as your focus (VAM or Flight Simulator), I think you're more likely to be disappointed with the flaws/shortcomings you come across when it doesn't match your expectations. If possible, I would suggest trying it before buying it, particularly the experience you are most interested in (like Flight Simulator) before jumping in if the expense is even questionably prohibitive for you.

As for your reply to treekicker, I'm sure the intent is to make VAM 2.0 more processor friendly. My understanding has always been that it's actually the CPU processing that is the bottleneck for VAM performance, more so than the GPU, at this point. I'm sure Krosos will correct me if I have that wrong.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Isowiha and Schulth

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Nope that is correct but overall it will solve some things and make some things better but it's still not a entire solution for the Problems we are facing with Multithreading efficiency in complex combined Realtime Simulations though with the Advances of Machine Learning we gonna make progress faster than we could on Local Hardware alone.

Especialy we smashed away a lot of old ideas in the past because we never found solutions for inherant problems to solve and changed to other solutions which brought up different problems, now we can also look back at those old ways and see how these ideas would function when we try to solve their specific problems with Machine Learning :)

VAM Currently looses round about 5-10 FPS due to this problems per on screen full sim char, lets put this into perspective 10 FPS is round about the Gain of 1 GPU SKU stepup

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: smittypunk

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
I've recently had a problem. With me, most of the scenes no longer start where you have to press a start button or something similar. Maybe there are even all of them. I can't say that right now. What can be the reason? I recently deleted a few vars because my hard drive was full. I thought I had only deleted looks that I no longer needed. But what else could it be?

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
I've recently had a problem. With me, most of the scenes no longer start where you have to press a start button or something similar. Maybe there are even all of them. I can't say that right now. What can be the reason? I recently deleted a few vars because my hard drive was full. I thought I had only deleted looks that I no longer needed. But what else could it be?
For me, I ran into this in a way I've never seen anyone else mention, so I'm throwing it out there in case you are person #2. Sometime after 1.20, I found I could no longer activate scene UI buttons while my virtual hands were on (to be more accurate, I could very rarely activate them if I managed to get a sharp enough angle--the reason being my pointer laser line would fail to produce an end point on the button with hands showing). Whenever I use those kind of menus, I have to hide my hands momentarily to activate them. If that isn't it, I know others spoke about their own issues in the closed mod thread; you might try searching it using keywords of your problem.

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Is the silence/lack of progress updates normal for the dev on this? Still find it odd how little updates and info there is for 2.x

I would have also assumed he/they would have released some set of tools to allow creators to start converting or creating content for the newer version...

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes