4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Kemono is working again
What does this mean? I dont fully get Kemono....

does it automatically add posts from people or does someone have to manually add posts to Kemono for us to see?

I see a few VAM artists not updated for a very long time on Kemono but they have actual content out on Patreon...

Boriz67

May 15, 2020
What does this mean? I dont fully get Kemono....

does it automatically add posts from people or does someone have to manually add posts to Kemono for us to see?

I see a few VAM artists not updated for a very long time on Kemono but they have actual content out on Patreon...
I think that he means that they are updating some content
At least is what i saw a few days ago. A kind of green message "The Patreon importer is working, give it a shot."
But honestly i don't know what it means o_O :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Schulth

Boriz67

May 15, 2020
I'm reading a few suggestions about improving the vr experience.
I'm starting to think that i'm more dumb of what i thought. I never cared about.
I start Vam (OpenVR).bat because i have a G2 and i read somewhere that it's better, and there is steamvr in background.
Do you know where i can find a guide or something about what i have to config to exploit my hw at best?
Thanks

Afran

Feb 4, 2018
I'm reading a few suggestions about improving the vr experience.
I'm starting to think that i'm more dumb of what i thought. I never cared about.
I start Vam (OpenVR).bat because i have a G2 and i read somewhere that it's better, and there is steamvr in background.
Do you know where i can find a guide or something about what i have to config to exploit my hw at best?
Thanks
Where did you see anything about needing to run a specific .bat file to run VAM? I've been on for a couple of years and never heard of that. Anything to improve my G2 would be appreciated.

Boriz67

May 15, 2020
Where did you see anything about needing to run a specific .bat file to run VAM? I've been on for a couple of years and never heard of that. Anything to improve my G2 would be appreciated.
No sorry, you're right, i explained my situation in a bad way.
i read that G2 is not friend to steam that use openvr for "not valve vr systems"
so i guessed that "Vam (OpenVR).bat" was the best choice.
Is there any setup to make in steamVR and wmr to see vam better?

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
Some more questions guys (sorry the learning curve for this isn't easy on me).

This is mostly about character scaling in pre-existing scenes.

So, short and simple:

1) I go to VAM's Resources Hub.
2) I find a free scene I like going by preview pictures, I download it, place it where it needs to go, it works.
3) In VAM, Desktop mode (I don't use VR-only scenes, I use VAM in Desktop mode only), I find the scene I downloaded and start it up, as mentioned above sure, it does work.

Now... the part that starts to get tough:

4) So in the scene, typical generic example would be there's a Male, and a Female (just an example).
5) Alright, now, everything works for THOSE two characters specifically.

BUT...

As soon as I want to change characters, even though I can do it, technically-speaking, it screws up essentially everything.

Now, I do understand the ' Why ' behind it. It's about a lot of variables... but the most important ones are: A) Character scaling and B) Character positioning / coordinates of the Root node in the scene.

Ok, so by changing the original, intended characters that the author of the scene used to create the scene to start with, it means that the NEW characters (well, the LOOKS, to be more specific) that I upload to REPLACE the existing ones will have different body scaling, or rather body SIZES on. The actual scaling number, per se, is usually on default 1.000. But the number means nothing, because "1.000" on character 'X' doesn't mean that 1.000 will mean that character 'Z' will be of identical height, or width, etc.

Not to mention that changing existing characters of a scene doesn't just mean that the scaling of said characters change, but also that BECAUSE the scaling changes - sometimes - the actual Root node coordinates in the scene for the new uploaded character will change.

SO...

The end result of changing existing characters in a pre-made scene = wrong body sizes for sexual acts between characters / collision of body parts AND wrong positioning (too far, or too close, or too much to the left, or too much to the right, etc).

So.... wrong sizes (because scaling differences) and wrong positioning means that your Female / Male character in said scene will now completely miss intended body parts. Example, Female does a handjob in thin air, the dick isn't anywhere close anymore (I didn't even talk about dick size differences as well on Male / Futa characters, Vs the original size from the original Male character, that's a completely different issue altogether that could have is entire thread). Another example (classic one I think by now) is the dick not entering the vagina, or completely missing it, or the dick isn't big or lengthy enough anymore; or on the contrary, it's too big and creates Physics explosion issues where both characters literally disintegrate into another dimension.

Ok...

So with ALL this said, here are my questions lol...

1) Is there ANY Plugin / Mod / Tool that actually ensures that uploading a 'Look' (new character) in a pre-existing scene will KEEP THE ORIGINAL SCALING / SIZES of the original characters intact?
2) Similar to the above, but for character Positioning (it really does go hand-in-hand, sync, with each other; character Root node positioning WILL ALWAYS vary a little bit or a lot if the new characters aren't completely 100% identical in sizes than the original ones)?

Reason why I ask this, and talk about this in the first place is because - obviously - I assume that most people using VAM do NOT only use VAM without the desire to use community character creations. Most of us don't know how to create a scene from scratch (or don't have time to dedicate to that). So we're using VAM as 'consumers' of what is being produced by the community modders. Which means that - of course - using NON-original, NON-intended characters is COMMON, I'm pretty sure. At least we WANT to.

But the difficulty in VAM is that - basically and very simply put - if you change ANYTHING in a pre-made scene, forget about it: something, somewhere, is not going to work.

There's essentially no "automation" process or mechanisms in this simulation to ensure a minimal amount of compatibility between modders' works and existing scenes that were not originally made with OTHER characters in mind. Which means the whole 'Modders Looks' category in the VAM Hub nearly a moot point and close to useless.

Basically, we "should" have to create our own scenes with those Looks we download. That's the message I get out of it. If I want to use Jill Valentine, forget it; unless I create my own scene with her, or by some miracle I happen to find a pre-made scene where the author - probably by chance - inadvertently provided some 'leeway' enough for Jill Valentine to 'fit' with the original scene setting and the other character she's going to interact with. This goes for ANY other characters I could think of.

So yeah, I'm looking for maybe some Plugins or other types of Mods I might not be aware of that could at least help a little bit in that whole process of basically 'changing something in pre-existing scenes without screwing up the whole scene'.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
As soon as I want to change characters, even though I can do it, technically-speaking, it screws up essentially everything.
Except for very weird proportioned phantasy characters or super fatty looks, switching looks shouldn't be that of a problem.

How do you change the characters? With the appearance presets? When you save an appearance preset of a look you want to use later, I recommend always set character size to 1.0 before saving. There's always some little differences, set the size of the model after you loaded the appearance accordingly. When in a penetration scene the penis completely misses the vagina, then most likely it's just a matter of adjusting the general model size, if it's still not perfect you can use , also good for aligning to hand jobs.

I change looks all the time this way, even mid animation sometimes, and rarely have an issue. Most scenes luckily are made for scale 1.0 models.

Last edited:

Afran

Feb 4, 2018
No sorry, you're right, i explained my situation in a bad way.
i read that G2 is not friend to steam that use openvr for "not valve vr systems"
so i guessed that "Vam (OpenVR).bat" was the best choice.
Is there any setup to make in steamVR and wmr to see vam better?
Not really sure what you mean. It kind of just works for me...

I turn on the G2 (plug the power in the little box), open VaM shortcut "VaM.exe" and it fires everything up. Sorry, can't help more than that.

drasmine

Jun 11, 2020
any try to use owo track ( ) on VaM?, i view the people use it on vrchat but i atemt to use in VaM but i can´t, i don´t know if is because i need to open with steam (i use oculus) or other reason.

Boriz67

May 15, 2020
Not really sure what you mean. It kind of just works for me...

I turn on the G2 (plug the power in the little box), open VaM shortcut "VaM.exe" and it fires everything up. Sorry, can't help more than that.
I tried yesterday the direct exe "VaM.exe";
seems to me that i can not switch between VR/desktop using the "M" key
instead i can do that if i start the "Vam (OpenVR).bat" file.

stetamatea

Feb 1, 2021
Is this the latest version from patreon and does it need any regular key changing to keep working (like are patreon keys changing monthly maybe?)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since i started to get rid of so many VAM waste it becomes a pleasure now

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
There is a Brand new Method which is mostly their to keep the character integrity throughout any scene loading as well i prefer it over anything when overtaking someones scene.

You can fine tune the data import and override

presetlocks.jpg

Keep Preset Parameter Locks will carry the changes over though forced scripting changes aren't locked as they are a part of the Scenes individual logic trigger buildup.
So if you have a scene that does specific morph changes it could become allways problematic though in most cases it wont as the base geometry and morph ranges define a lot of the stability between characters and rarely someone does a really unique morph set for everything overall it will make the interoperability point of easy exchanging inside the limits of Genesis Morphological Model go overboard.

Version 0.15 is up. A must have plugin. Newbie friendly :)
Yep but it's better to keep many close to each other and combine results scripting wise together with randomization it can result in nice chaos :)

For example the result of Autogens Thruster will be different than Sex Thruster, Autothruster or Sex Assist, Blowjob Assist combined with divining rod or AutoGens Thruster using divining rod instead of it's internals.

Combining them in different ways you can achieve a lot of different results which you then can easily transfer into fixed or dynamic animations and create even more results based on the first generation and iterate practicly into infinity ;)

Still you can also combine Mocap Animations via Timeline or Animation Master with Plugins and Animation Paterns and trigger procedural movement logic and create even more differences and variations and you still can interfere anytime with pushing the physics into different directions and this way create even more dynamic chaotic changing results.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes