4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Afran

Feb 4, 2018
Good feedback to know. I suppose what I want to know (never having used VR) is how real does it feel. So if you stick the headset on and just walk/move around a look does it feel like theres an actual person in front of you? or is it obvious your playing a game.
The realism is unparalleled. Setting up a beautiful girl just standing there looking directly in to your eyes as you gently hold the back of their head is amazing.

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
Hey guys, not sure where to ask about this but I'll try to make it simple and short:

I need to find a 'working', non-broken version of the Widowmaker Hair by author NoOC (Patreon).

Here is what I know:

1) NoOC is the author, he has a Patreon (but seems rather inactive, or didn't update old links or old assets).

Link to his Patreon:

2) He did release a bunch of his works to the Public, for free. There's a specific post where he lists some of that Public work (Note, however, that some links I believe are long dead):

Link to the post:

3) Some links do still work though. One of them is the link to his OverwatchProject, the one that contains D.Va, Widowmaker and Mercy in one scene. I got that one.

Link to that OverwatchProject work:

Now, with this out of the way, here's the problem I have:

Everything works from that link (at least from what I've tried of it so far), BUT...

The Widowmaker's Hair has severe issues. The physics for it is broken, and the near complete pony tail 'meshes' are spread out, mixed up chaotically and aren't aligned properly. I tried to play around in Editor mode with the Hair's physics settings but it really doesn't help (actually makes things even worse).

SO...

What I'm asking here is simple:

If anyone out here actually made THAT specific Hair style actually work and look 'normal' as it should, please let me know and if it's available somewhere I'm not aware of, provide me the link please. Additionally, if there's another Widowmaker Hair style out there by another author perhaps that works just fine, I would also appreciate to be pointed in the right direction for it. Please.

Thank you very much.

pbam

May 22, 2018
Hey guys, not sure where to ask about this but I'll try to make it simple and short:

I need to find a 'working', non-broken version of the Widowmaker Hair by author NoOC (Patreon).

Here is what I know:

1) NoOC is the author, he has a Patreon (but seems rather inactive, or didn't update old links or old assets).

Link to his Patreon:

2) He did release a bunch of his works to the Public, for free. There's a specific post where he lists some of that Public work (Note, however, that some links I believe are long dead):

Link to the post:

3) Some links do still work though. One of them is the link to his OverwatchProject, the one that contains D.Va, Widowmaker and Mercy in one scene. I got that one.

Link to that OverwatchProject work: Mega

Now, with this out of the way, here's the problem I have:

Everything works from that link (at least from what I've tried of it so far), BUT...

The Widowmaker's Hair has severe issues. The physics for it is broken, and the near complete pony tail 'meshes' are spread out, mixed up chaotically and aren't aligned properly. I tried to play around in Editor mode with the Hair's physics settings but it really doesn't help (actually makes things even worse).

SO...

What I'm asking here is simple:

If anyone out here actually made THAT specific Hair style actually work and look 'normal' as it should, please let me know and if it's available somewhere I'm not aware of, provide me the link please. Additionally, if there's another Widowmaker Hair style out there by another author perhaps that works just fine, I would also appreciate to be pointed in the right direction for it. Please.

Thank you very much.
just get xnpvv's updated widowmaker in the request/asset release section and I think Miki released a widowmaker hair. the old overwatch project is somewhat outdated and there are updated models available aside from tracer and sombra

Reactions: poiuzxcklj

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
These memory leaking becomes more and more interesting this is rock stable, even while browsing f95zone and pushing all these screenshots in and out of VRAM in the same instance.

But the Complexity of this is so much higher, so what is really causing these memory leaks.

I think i have to evaluate every Plugin for possible memory leak problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But at least VAM survived (The Scene is still running in the Background correctly) and Firefox didn't entirely crashed (which is nice as well) :)

But the time it took to integrate (USB3) and the fact that content integration/registration caused the Firefox tab of F95zone to crash, that's not a good sign.

And it gives people like Recursed Studio a Job ;)

Slowly Firefox entire Renderer is saying Goodbye in instability

And Finally crashed VAM and now itself :D

PS: Yeah I love to torture Firefoxs Render Architecture Stability Efficiency with VAM, F95Zone and Discord (Guilty), just so much FUN seeing that message when it's Render Core gives up under VAMs/F95Zones combined Resource Pressure ;)

The thing i love about Unreals Streaming Renderer it's hard to Crash (you can slow it down like crazy but crashing it is hard, you really have to fire a lot against it (sucking up it's resource space), to make it crash, really a good job compared to other things) :)

That's the nicest thing about Unreal it adapts itself great to shared resource loss :)

I really hope Unity made some progress with Standby of the Render Process and Mesh doesn't forget to Freeze resources this time more efficiently before executing the HUB. (Maybe there is a external solution even in 1.x possible to improve this i will try)

Last edited:

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Any updates for 2.0?
I can't access the discord for political reasons...
Aren't the pay pi.... patreons tired of paying for nothing?
Sadly not. I've checked their patreon page, looked for their twitter, searched reddit and their own forums.

At best they seem to provide an update every 6 months as to what is going on but there isnt a proper dev blog or anything for what they are working on, whats coming and even a time line for release.

tester32

Jan 16, 2018
Hi, I was in VAM F95 discord, but accidentally leave the server. Could someone pm me an invite ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
there is a discord ?? can you invite me aswell ?

Also, why is the torrent patreon paywall is not accessible anymore ?
summer 2021 pack @
dec 2020 torrent magnet @
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4876796233b619db3403d6e78c185638d605b9f5&dn=Virt-A-Mate Patreon Paywall Pack&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2810/announce&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:6969/announce&tr=http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce&tr=udp://opentracker.i2p.rocks:6969/announce&tr=https://opentracker.i2p.rocks:443/announce&tr=udp://www.torrent.eu.org:451/announce&tr=udp://tracker.torrent.eu.org:451/announce&tr=udp://open.stealth.si:80/announce&tr=udp://ipv4.tracker.harry.lu:80/announce&tr=udp://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.tiny-vps.com:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.dler.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://opentor.org:2710/announce&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://vibe.sleepyinternetfun.xyz:1738/announce&tr=udp://tracker2.dler.org:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker1.bt.moack.co.kr:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.zerobytes.xyz:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.theoks.net:6969/announce&tr=http://tracker.bt4g.com:2095/announce

Last edited:

boeinosilva

Sep 3, 2021
I extracted correctly the game folder and now I copy and paste the updater .exe file in the root folder but its showing this error. How can I fix it? vrevg3q5gtebwds.png

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
Guys, curious about DLSS / FSR.

I know it's not supported officially (inside VAM itself) yet.

However, there's that neat program on Steam called Lossless Scaling.

It can basically allow the use of AMD's FSR or NVIDIA's DLSS in pretty much any games out there. As long as it doesn't run in fullscreen, it should work (from what I know). As far as I know, at least for me, VAM runs in borderless windowed mode. And it's possible to make VAM run at lower resolutions than the monitor's native resolution simply by running the VAM Config bat file (root directory).

I don't have that program yet on Steam but I was curious if anyone actually did try to use it for VAM, and if so, did it work? Did it actually help with performance?

Thanks.

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
Krosos, your buddy crazy flagged posts again as off topic. and it's absolutely on topic as that user is blacklisted from vamhub and those images are current events warning people about his patreon scam he has going on defrauding end users. Still on topic as the on topic events unfolding this week are also involving a user who is banned from this forum and has repeatedly created numerous new accounts here trying to jump start a new store as they have no means for advertisement like Makkan and those other puppet accounts.

In december after they were blacklisted by vam creator Meshed himself, they introduced that Monthly Lifetime Membership of $300. This post being on topic has been charging people again without doing a refund as he posted on his patreon what would happen. This user ended up in the hospital and unaware of these charges ended up with a huge loss with patreon unable to intervene.

As this post is slim, includes relevant images, it's on topic dude. Krosos spills their posts all the time only reason it was removed because Crazy3d doesn't want people to be aware of their current shady vam practices. Their Kemono page is current and crazy's response?

crazy3d.jpg SPOILER_unknown.png crazylies.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mirrora

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
However, there's that neat program on Steam called Lossless Scaling.
I haven't tried that one yet. Looking at the Steam page, it apparently doesn't support DLSS, only NVIDIA Image Scaling (NIS). Doesn't use the Tensor cores of the RTX cards basically.

I use . Completely free, super easy to setup and additionally to AMD FSR and NVidia Image Scaling, it also supports foveated rendering, which means only the center of the screen gets rendered at full resolution. In the MacGruber Benchmark I got about 15% more performance overall with next to zero image quality loss.

DLSS is natively supported in new Unity versions, MeshedVR is just a lazy fk and rather snorts coke on hookers asses than contracting a semi decent programmer who updates the game to the new Unity version in a week. The performance bottle neck will still be the wonky physics system, but you could at least brute force a couple more fps with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Molloke and Mirrora

Isowiha

Dec 29, 2021
VR is big! its like beeing inside the software, this is one of the mst have applications to have if you own VR its immersive as hell :D thou you need quite decent PC to run it in VR, my Specs: 4700G, 16gb DDR4 3200mhz, 6600XT 8gb, i have like +-140 fps on High settings in Desktop mode, BUT in VR im Med and its 50-60fps. HP Reverb G2 V2 is amazing hmd and its clear as hell! packing quite large 2160 x 2160 PER EYE! its so CLEAR.. just need more POWER so i can enjoy it at fullest :D
BIG UPDATE on hardware! Got recently SUPER good deal!

So as i sayed my previous PC wasnt powerfull enough for clears and nice looking VR playing, so i updated my rig a little...

CPU: 3700X @4.4ghz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 AiO
GPU: Radeon RX 6800 16gb @2240mhz
MOB: Asus Strix b 550-i ITX, Wi-Fi 6 BT
RAM: 16gb Kingston Fury @3444mhz
SSD: WesternDigital 1000GB NVME M.2
PSU: Corsair CX750F RGB White edition 750W
CSE: NZXT H510 Elite
HMD: HP Reverb G2 V2 - 2160 x 2160 per eye

Now im getting in VR FULL resolution all on high stable +90fps oh man this is so crisp and clear, IMMERSION IS REAL!
Details on Persons are insane... im staggered. I WANT MORE! this is insane.

Reactions: MrMazay

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
I haven't tried that one yet. Looking at the Steam page, it apparently doesn't support DLSS, only NVIDIA Image Scaling (NIS). Doesn't use the Tensor cores of the RTX cards basically.

I use . Completely free, super easy to setup and additionally to AMD FSR and NVidia Image Scaling, it also supports foveated rendering, which means only the center of the screen gets rendered at full resolution. In the MacGruber Benchmark I got about 15% more performance overall with next to zero image quality loss.

DLSS is natively supported in new Unity versions, MeshedVR is just a lazy fk and rather snorts coke on hookers asses than contracting a semi decent programmer who updates the game to the new Unity version in a week.
Ok that's an interesting program too! Wasn't aware of it at all.

I'll definitely give it a try, however, I think it would conflict with ReShade. Because of the dxgi.dll file. I'm not using ReShade yet myself with VAM since I'm still trying to establish what mods I want to use, etc. I also know that some actual Plugins for VAM offer post-processing effects (some of which would come from ReShade, so there's a 'workaround' ReShade in that way for extra visual shenanigans). But in the event that I do want to use ReShade then I doubt this VR Performance Toolkit would work.

But I'll try it to see if the extra performance gain is worth it for me (separated from ReShade that is).

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020

DLSS is natively supported in new Unity versions, MeshedVR is just a lazy fk and rather snorts coke on hookers asses than contracting a semi decent programmer who updates the game to the new Unity version in a week.

I installed that and my vam just doesn't start. How did you make it work?

I've installed reshade and just overwritten dxgi.dll. Do i have to completely uninstall reshade? My gpu is rtx 2080ti.

Also i'm using this: . Before someone all knowing says it's only for amd, it does work on nvidia card too.

Should i remove it too? Is it same? or is it better? Which one should i use?

Last edited:

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
I installed that and my vam just doesn't start. How did you make it work?
It's probably best to not install Reshade or any other upscaling tool. Just drop dxgi.dll and vrperfkit.yml into the main folder of the game, adjust settings in vrperfkit.yml and start the game with VAM.exe.

If you want to use FSR you can still set it in vrperfkit.yml, but with a Nvidia card NIS will probably run better. NIS is generally a bit more performant than FSR, because it does upscaling and sharpening in one draw call and FSR does in two draw calls.

Last edited:

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
It's probably best to not install Reshade or any other upscaling tool. Just drop dxgi.dll and vrperfkit.yml into the main folder of the game, adjust settings in vrperfkit.yml and start the game with VAM.exe.

If you want to use FSR you can still set it in vrperfkit.yml, but with a Nvidia card NIS will probably run better. NIS is generally a bit more performant than FSR, because it does upscaling and sharpening in one draw call and FSR does in two draw calls.
Should you open VaM.exe or VaM (OpenVR).bat?

Alright it just crashes. I installed it on clean vam. When i load scene vam just crashes. WTF

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
Should you open VaM.exe or VaM (OpenVR).bat?

Alright it just crashes. I installed it on clean vam. When i load scene vam just crashes. WTF
Don't use OpenVR.bat, you don't need it anymore. It's completely replaced by the VR Performance toolkit. Just use the normal VAM.exe. You can check if it's working by pressing F1 and enable the fov rendering debug mode.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes