4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

gakgami

Jan 2, 2022
it's a typical problem of the GC managing of C#
To an extent.
I'm browsing through the code right now, and I kid you not, I replaced some lines labelled "unload" with destroy(the thing to destroy); and now, when the game loads up for the first time, instead of taking 1.7 gigs to itself, it takes 133 megabytes.

I also found out that in scenarios where it gets rid of textures, it didn't get rid of .TIFF textures because it didn't even look for them, so I added that in.

I'm going to have a look if I can find the hard reset function and make it destroy textures instead of keeping them as well, see if that nets me any results.

As it is, Hard Resetting an empty scene makes VaM take up MORE memory! It's insane!

...I'm realizing it looks like it doesn't destroy unused objects upon loading a new scene.
Which would be why the memory keeps climbing up and up on every scene loaded.

Seeing as once you're loaded the memory usage remains the same, the issue is squarely in the loading and hard-resetting of scenes.
Have a look in the code with DnSpy at one point, it'll give you a good idea of what's going on.

Last edited:

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
There's some really high praise floating around about this game. I haven't invested in VR yet and know very little about it. Is there a forum dedicated to VR? Sounds like it might be time to upgrade, again!

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
To an extent.
I'm browsing through the code right now, and I kid you not, I replaced some lines labelled "unload" with destroy(the thing to destroy); and now, when the game loads up for the first time, instead of taking 1.7 gigs to itself, it takes 133 megabytes.

I also found out that in scenarios where it gets rid of textures, it didn't get rid of .TIFF textures because it didn't even look for them, so I added that in.

I'm going to have a look if I can find the hard reset function and make it destroy textures instead of keeping them as well, see if that nets me any results.

As it is, Hard Resetting an empty scene makes VaM take up MORE memory! It's insane!

...I'm realizing it looks like it doesn't destroy unused objects upon loading a new scene.
Which would be why the memory keeps climbing up and up on every scene loaded.

Seeing as once you're loaded the memory usage remains the same, the issue is squarely in the loading and hard-resetting of scenes.
Have a look in the code with DnSpy at one point, it'll give you a good idea of what's going on.
be careful generally you use unload instead of destroy for a reason
and you can revert 1 unload/destroy situation by directly setting a checkmark if you don't like it

Look at this caused by focus lose and my little Firefox time out in the VAM 2.0 Alpha currently ;)

herewegoagain.jpg
herewegoagain2.jpg

Though if im right i even rememeber this issue from first VAM versions and it is a regression saying hello again from the Physics side :D

Last edited:

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
What's changed in this new version? I think someone mentioned native DLSS implementation. Is that going to improve performance over the current method of injecting FSR into VR games?

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
bt4g torrent site has
Virt-A-Mate [v1.19] [Meshed VR] + Creator Keys.zip
Downloading it now to see if it's legit
Also btdig has a few, I'm downloading a 1.4 that appears to have a password text file included
- will update this comment when I find out the results

P.S. DL speeds are shite so I won't know for at least 15 hours
Don't waste your time with that. or files from page 1 about some vam release.

Get the updater file directly from the developer. It will download the entire program. Then you enter the creator key found somewhere on this thread for current version.

Reactions: nationx and Bazra

Bazra

Mar 11, 2022
Don't waste your time with that. or files from page 1 about some vam release.

Get the updater file directly from the developer. It will download the entire program. Then you enter the creator key found somewhere on this thread for current version.
I see, the Keys have been added since I first looked at this post under keys
Thank you! :)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You get fast used to it it's precision is much better

Nobody else has achieved this precision yet, we have to wait for MultiChar Control but it feels exciting which poses will be doable already in no time :)

Last edited:

purseless

Feb 13, 2020
I dont think that this ever was VR only. You can start it in desktop mode as well.
Ah okay, I just scrolled down a few comments on the 1st page and people were saying it was VR only so I wasn't sure and thought I'd ask before downloading it.

Tallmilk

Feb 20, 2021
No really, there have been no updates to this game in over a year. Why is it just now being updated on f95? Are most of the people on this forum just late to the party? Creator codes and free content has been around for ages.

Am I missing something? Was there some change to the game I am not aware of? Is there some new content worth getting? Not sure why there is an explosion of posts in the last few days.

Thunderhips

Sep 24, 2017
No really, there have been no updates to this game in over a year. Why is it just now being updated on f95? Are most of the people on this forum just late to the party? Creator codes and free content has been around for ages.

Am I missing something? Was there some change to the game I am not aware of? Is there some new content worth getting? Not sure why there is an explosion of posts in the last few days.
No change whatsoever, the previous version hosted here was 1.19 but it already included an updater to get the latest version.

Now you already download the latest version, so you don't need to run the updater any more.

Reactions: IXL

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
is the attached file for VAM_Updater for the current one or a relic from past versions? When i start it, i get an error message. The program itself works though

ymlgo

Jul 9, 2021
THK,WHO CAN SHARE THIS ,
New Mo-Cap Actress ERI Part 3 of 3 ~A must see!! Undulating riding hip swing

--

Deezaremine

Sep 10, 2021
So i want to make my own custom assets and looks. Can anyone point me the right direction to where i should get started. I also want to do this type of look.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes