4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Do you know how to use the video recording plugin you mentioned?Eosin Video Renderer?How to use this plug-in to record vr video?
Check the link you posted -- it explains in all detail how to use the plugin. Quote:

"Simply add the plugin (.cslist) to the object from which you want to render (such as an Empty). You do not need the shader source files to use the plugin, they are included to enable people to change the plugin functionality if they want. The images will be saved to the "VaM\Saves\VR_Renders" folder. You can leave filename empty to use an automatic timestamp as the filename."​

It renders a bunch of images, which you then have to combine to a video -- and this process is explained on the same site as well. Quote:

"You can merge the rendered image sequences to videos using Avidemux (GUI) , FFmpeg (command line) or another program of your choice.
Avidemux is probably easiest, you just drag and drop the first image in the sequence (xxx_000000.png) into the Avidemux window, alongside your recorded audio WAV file. You can also combine several different sequences into a single video by dragging in each one (assuming they are the same frame rate). From there you can set your encoding options, add additional audio and also apply various post-processing filters. Set your frame rate under Filters -> Change FPS. Typically you may want to encode in x265 or x264 codec to MP4 muxer, choose your bitrate quality level (CRF), and for very high resolution VR content (4K and above) you may need to set certain options like "IDC Level" (higher) and under tuning "fast decode" to make sure your video looks great but can also play back smoothly without lag.
For FFmpeg, you need to place the exe file into the "Saves\VR_Renders\" folder. Basic command line usage is as follows:
ffmpeg -framerate 60 -i output8k/output8k_%06d.jpg -i music.mp3 -c:v libx265 -tune:v fastdecode -level:v 6.2 -crf 20 output8k.mp4"​

It's all there in the link you posted, and I think it's a very detailed explanation on how to use the plugin.
What else do you want to know?

putanon2273

Jan 23, 2022
Hi, I need help with a password for MonterShinkai stuffs on arca with hint like below
Code:
암호:  MonsterShinkai 님 2륨 햔귤로 발음 영타 + 유격에서 가장힘들었던 체조
Does anybody know this?

veralynn777

Oct 22, 2022
oh, its the rabbit hole of vam. full of the insanity of a side show circus.

one of the appeals of crazy3d is like that 'Find The Frog' series you may or may have not seen where a guy remixes other people's mocaps with Gerudo Valley characters or thick legged Capcom fighters. He places a hidden pepe hidden somewhere that becomes hypnotized locating.

That is how crazy3d is. A banned lunatic from here and vamhub where they have made the most outrageous claims and story background on NoOC and official vam discord. Trying their hardest to sometimes not so regularly make new puppet accounts on the store under new accounts for paid releases where it becomes a game to detect them to report.

The old megathread. in particular their banned account Vam2.xin3050 when it seemed everyone was against them. That particular account went on about 20 pages of everyone against them and they diligently flooded whining about their validity of reselling daz3d content.

Their two big scandals they were involved with over the last year was on official vam discord of stealing another user's Penis to flood their patreons with futas. The creator Weeb, being a respectful creator, didn't take kindly to it and that discord chatlog has around 20 pages itself of screen shots of photoshop detective work by them in a screaming match of pirating each others work. They also were so confident in a reoccuring $300 monthly charge to lifetime patreons. They are 110% scammer and idiot of the scene that makes a mockery of themselves.

Krosos on the other hand, well is just Krosos. I noticed they edited their post again with some Zak McKraken nose disguise on the lady. He's kinda on that Marcel DuChamp level of C'est l'art, where that dude in the 1900's had a toilet urinal on art display.

So you see. Insanity at one level, and insanity that's not the same at another level. VAM is just full of madness and real people .... not some nameless existence of nothingness that F95 moderator, RedKnight, crusaded to shut down the 900 page VAM Megathread ... which not everyone can appreciate.

And if a floodwall of +1 responses on an image wall is your thing there is always https://f95zone.to/forums/completed-asset-requests.97/
gawd i can only imagine how you guys feel about MY posts >_<

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Guys, there is this one scene called 'Virtual Sweetheart' in which the game takes an absurd amount of time to load. It gets stuck in restoring atom contents for ~5 minutes. Then it loads properly. All other scenes have normal load times.

Is there anything I can do to edit this scene to load faster?

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Guys, there is this one scene called 'Virtual Sweetheart' in which the game takes an absurd amount of time to load. It gets stuck in restoring atom contents for ~5 minutes. Then it loads properly. All other scenes have normal load times.

I could take a look.
You using the free or paid version?
1666522594245.png
Additionally neither are on the hub. Did you manually download them?

Pixscells

Dec 11, 2020

things to keep in mind when you are going to run VAM (from my perspective):
1) + 6VRAM (8 and up) and 16 RAM (32 recommended) with an SSD almost mandatory.
2) if you have less than that, it would be recommended to freeze the animations/collision before loading the scene.

2.png
and install this plugin if you preview less than 60fps-(it is much better than setting the performance that VAM brings by default)
3.png

Reactions: isthisfacebookplus

Aceyx3

Apr 17, 2018
Hey, I just downloaded Virt-a-mate. I also downloaded some female character assets and a scene. Where do I put it to make it work? Also, how can I replace an existing model with another one?

Should I run the VaM (Desktop Mode).bat, since I'm on desktop? Thanks!

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I could take a look.
You using the free or paid version?
View attachment 2118456
Additionally neither are on the hub. Did you manually download them?
Yes. I downloaded it here. It's the paid version.

things to keep in mind when you are going to run VAM (from my perspective):
1) + 6VRAM (8 and up) and 16 RAM (32 recommended) with an SSD almost mandatory.
2) if you have less than that, it would be recommended to freeze the animations/collision before loading the scene.

View attachment 2118860
and install this plugin if you preview less than 60fps-(it is much better than setting the performance that VAM brings by default)
View attachment 2118874
How to I Freeze motion before loading a scene?

Hey, I just downloaded Virt-a-mate. I also downloaded some female character assets and a scene. Where do I put it to make it work? Also, how can I replace an existing model with another one?

Should I run the VaM (Desktop Mode).bat, since I'm on desktop? Thanks!
I don't run Desktop Mode, it crashes for me. Vam.exe works fine, it just start steamVR but that's not a major problem.

Put everything you download in AddonPackages folder (the files are .var)

When you download a Look, it's actually a scene. You need to open the scene, save 'appearance preset', then you can load that preset in other scenes. But doing this is problematic sometimes because the look you will load, may have different body proportions, so it will probably break the animation. So you need to download a plugin called UIAssist or Scene Ninja for example, they have options to prevent scale changes of person atoms when loading appearance presets

Last edited:

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
Has anyone tried this yet?

When i searched "DeleteFile" this showed up.

1666593398750.jpeg

Is it different from "FileManagerSecure.DeleteFile(F)"? Because it says "FileManagerSecure.DeleteFile(File)"

Could be same but just to make sure.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Alright ill download it and give it a lookover.
1. Did you download all the dependencies from the Hub?
2. did you try the "no intro" version?

I think if you freeze before loading a scene it stays in the frozen state.
(unless a plugins your using unfreezes scenes, rare.)

As soon as you open the game click this:
1666611057727.png it will open a blank black void scene.

From there check the box to freeze motion and sound than load your scene.
The scene should load with everything frozen which does seem to improve things a little and might keep things a bit more stable.

Reactions: brasileirinho

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I think I didn't download any dependency... But I noticed there is this problem...[/spoiler]
The warning you've marked is just a a warning. It does not mean that the scene will fail to load (it might, but it's not a clear indication that it will). I do use version 25 of this scene, it shows the exact same warning, but once I made sure I have all the dependencies loaded into my Library, I can load the scene without any issue.

To be fair: this scene in particular is very, very resource heavy. On a first load it takes approx. 4-5 minutes to load on my PC. That's probably because VaM is using it's own cache, and those resources needs to be extracted and "cached" for the first time. It seems to be "stuck" at the following point for about three minutes, but then it'll will continue to fully load the scene afterwards:

1666629128887.png

Any load after the first one (even after restarting VaM) will be a bit faster, but it still takes about 3 minutes on my system.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
The warning you've marked is just a a warning. It does not mean that the scene will fail to load (it might, but it's not a clear indication that it will). I do use version 25 of this scene, it shows the exact same warning, but once I made sure I have all the dependencies loaded into my Library, I can load the scene without any issue.

To be fair: this scene in particular is very, very resource heavy. On a first load it takes approx. 4-5 minutes to load on my PC. That's probably because VaM is using it's own cache, and those resources needs to be extracted and "cached" for the first time. It seems to be "stuck" at the following point for about three minutes, but then it'll will continue to fully load the scene afterwards:

Any load after the first one (even after restarting VaM) will be a bit faster, but it still takes about 3 minutes on my system.
Exactly the same problem I'm having. The scene loads perfectly, it just takes too much time. What are the heaviest elements in the scene I can delete to make it load faster?

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I think I didn't download any dependency. But there are no missing referenced packages. But I noticed there is this problem:
Yeah most (all but 1) dependency can be found on the hub so you likely downloaded or already had the parts.
I also have the error.
For me it loads, takes longer than any other scene i have used to load it than crashes, when loading sound files for some reason.

Looking at the dependencies the largest files seem to be clothing, removing them doesn't do much.

I suspect something isn't quite right with the saves (Json), they are 75MB each. That seem quite large to me and likely the cause of these extremely long loading times.
To put the size of these save files into context, it causes notepad to be unstable. That's 75MB of text.

Perhaps getting the missing depencancy timeline 196 might help but I'm still suspicious of the save files.

EDIT:
Downloading timeline 196 did help, scene loaded first try without a hiccup. Tho still slow.

Im still unsure of why the save is so large. Maybe due to the all the custom buttons? But no its hardly the most buttons i have seen before... hmm... Bobo scenes get that award, while not taking an age to load...

Last edited:

Aceyx3

Apr 17, 2018

I don't run Desktop Mode, it crashes for me. Vam.exe works fine, it just start steamVR but that's not a major problem.

Put everything you download in AddonPackages folder (the files are .var)

When you download a Look, it's actually a scene. You need to open the scene, save 'appearance preset', then you can load that preset in other scenes. But doing this is problematic sometimes because the look you will load, may have different body proportions, so it will probably break the animation. So you need to download a plugin called UIAssist or Scene Ninja for example, they have options to prevent scale changes of person atoms when loading appearance presets
Thanks for the reply. Where do I get the UIAssist and the Scene Ninja?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes