4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i can't seem to open VAM, I always end up in a black screen...
First make sure all your files are correct and complete. Go to your VAM directory and run VaM_Updater.exe, and click on "Options":

1665875508069.png

Then run "Sync/Repair All":

1665875563699.png

This will check all your local files, and will download missing/damaged files in case there are any. This can take a few minutes, wait until it's complete.

When it's complete, close the VaM_Updater.exe, and run VaM (Desktop Mode).bat if you want to run VaM in Desktop mode. For VR mode you need to start SteamVR first, and then run VaM (OpenVR).bat (I'm only familiar how to do this with SteamVR and a HTC Vive or Valve Index, I don't know anything about any other VR headsets like the Oculus).

If this still doesn't work, post your computer specs (what CPU, GPU and how much memory you have).

• Red Heart
Reactions: KingVoid

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i got problem when use this cloth.
Are you talking about the clipping with the long hair? That's something you probably can't fix, as I explained here already. It seems like the cloth you're using and the hair are just not working together.

shidy

Jul 19, 2020
If this...

...doesn't work, then the CustomUnityAsset (CUA) might not have collision build in. Here's a workaround (only works for very simple CUAs) and a more general solution for all CUAs:
  • for very simple CUAs: add some basic "Shapes" (like a cube, sphere etc.), place them inside your CUA so their surface matches the CUA's surface you want other objects to collide with, and "parent" them with your CUA so they stick in place when you move the CUA. Then enable "Collision" for that shape and make it invisible.
  • if that doesn't suffice, or if you have a more complex CUA, you have to edit the actual mesh of the object, meaning:
    • you'll need to extract the mesh from the actual *.assetbundle file (or try to find the original, already extracted mesh)
    • open the mesh in a tool like Blender to edit it, then add collision to it
    • export the mesh again into VAM
The extract-edit-and-export steps are complicated, but I'd bet there are a couple of tutorials either on the Hub or on YT which might explain at least some of the steps.
Hey, thank you very much for helping out! Appreciate it. Yeah, unfortunately I've tried that setting and it doesn't work. "Luckily" for me I might be able to fix it with the first workaround you've shared here since the object is an earring in the shape of a cross.

Thanks again

Reactions: theMickey_

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
I'm really getting frustated with vam loading speed. If I load the first scene, the game goes as expected and loads fast. But if I try to load a second one, he takes more than 5x times to load. Im literally closing the game after first scene and opening again to load another. Its more faster.

Does anyone knows a solution for this? X.x

KingVoid

Mar 3, 2018
First make sure all your files are correct and complete. Go to your VAM directory and run VaM_Updater.exe, and click on "Options":

Then run "Sync/Repair All":

This will check all your local files, and will download missing/damaged files in case there are any. This can take a few minutes, wait until it's complete.

When it's complete, close the VaM_Updater.exe, and run VaM (Desktop Mode).bat if you want to run VaM in Desktop mode. For VR mode you need to start SteamVR first, and then run VaM (OpenVR).bat (I'm only familiar how to do this with SteamVR and a HTC Vive or Valve Index, I don't know anything about any other VR headsets like the Oculus).

If this still doesn't work, post your computer specs (what CPU, GPU and how much memory you have).
It finally worked omg, thanks for the help.

dave1994

Jul 28, 2017
Hey does anyone know if there are and big bundles or packs of assets/mods/addons available to download and add to the game that are great for a VaM newb?

Pixscells

Dec 11, 2020
Hey does anyone know if there are and big bundles or packs of assets/mods/addons available to download and add to the game that are great for a VaM newb?
At first I think we all thought the same (it's better to download a pack of stuff that you don't know what's inside than assets separately)
I would recommend you to have a clean install and look for free stuff in the same HUB inside the game, then go to the assets section (mostly paid) and download what you really need (mainly plugins and clothes)
assets

Reactions: dave1994

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Kinda wish OP would bookmark this link to the 1st page .. it's not easy to find.
What do you mean with "not easy to find"?
Just click on "LATEST UPDATES" at the very top, and then change 2 settings:
  • set "Category" to "Assets"
  • set "Prefix: Assets" to "VAM"
1666032271315.png

Boom! Done!
This is the very basics on how to navigate this forum :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: CowOwCW

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Where to find more scenes without scripts ?
Most scenes (like 99%) have scripts, because those are needed to animate characters for example. Or to give you GUI elements you can interact with. There might be some scenes out there which only uses the built-in tools (like the cycle-force or something like that) to give some basic animations, but I bet those are very difficult to find.

But I'm curious, why do you want scenes without scripts anyways?

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I'm assuming they are downloading scenes from here that have 0 functionality due to all the missing additional needed content?

If so, they should learn how to activate the game with a code (from the first post) to use the in-game browser to download a full scene from the in-game hub.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm assuming they are downloading scenes from here that have 0 functionality due to all the missing additional needed content?

If so, they should learn how to activate the game with a code (from the first post) to use the in-game browser to download a full scene from the in-game hub.
Good point. But how to use the unlock key from the OP already has been explained to them here. So I guess that's settled. And if it's because they're missing dependencies, they should read this, where I explained how to download dependecies.

Reactions: b00marrows

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
(think you understood the message, just to be sure not poking fun just trying to get them into gear)

Good point. But how to use the unlock key from the OP already has been explained to them here. So I guess that's settled. And if it's because they're missing dependencies, they should read this, where I explained how to download dependecies.
Additionally if they download a scene from the in-game HUB it will come with all dependencies making it an easy 1 click install ready to go.

xiezero

Mar 18, 2019
I'm wondering if there is a place where I can find kinkier stuff that's not permitted on vamhub, e.g. rape

vamaholic

Jul 12, 2021
Anyone got the content of recent announcement from MeshedVR for Patreon backers only, detailing current VAM V2.0 progress ?
It's gonna be made public in a couple of weeks anyway he said, but would be nice to know now.

Reactions: CowOwCW

Lucius616

Sep 2, 2018
Most scenes (like 99%) have scripts, because those are needed to animate characters for example. Or to give you GUI elements you can interact with. There might be some scenes out there which only uses the built-in tools (like the cycle-force or something like that) to give some basic animations, but I bet those are very difficult to find.

I just need backgrounds so I can do MMD dances.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes