4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Peteolino

Mar 12, 2019
I've decided to download VaM yesterday again but every big download (larger than 300mb) get stuck while downloading, anyone know if there is a fix? I've never had this problem the other times I've used th ingame hub, but now every big file gets stuck in the middle of download and there isn't even a "cancel download" button

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...every big download (larger than 300mb) get stuck while downloading...
That's 100% an issue on your end, and nobody here will be able to provide a fix without any further details (and tbh: this isn't the right place to address this issue). But there are a couple of workarounds:
  • use a download manager which is able to recover interrupted downloads
  • use the "VaM_Updater.exe" from the dev's , which also is able to recover from interrupted downloads
  • talk to your ISP to get your issue fixed

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
I've decided to download VaM yesterday again but every big download (larger than 300mb) get stuck while downloading, anyone know if there is a fix? I've never had this problem the other times I've used th ingame hub, but now every big file gets stuck in the middle of download and there isn't even a "cancel download" button
That happens often with me I honestly just copy the link and download through the browser.

Reactions: Peteolino

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
There's an atom called "WindowCamera" which can be added to any scene and which has two controls: the basic "control" which represents the camera itself and can be positioned and pointed anywhere you like (you also need to check "Camera enabled" in its "Camera" tab!), and the 2nd control is called "DisplayControl" which represents the display showing the output from the camera, and again can be put anywhere you like and sized to any size you want.

View attachment 2812910

IIRC there should also be a couple of plugins that "emulate" that behavior i.e. on a screen of a mobile phone or tablet, and some you can add to a monitor atom itself for a second POV of your scene.

thanks for the info. gonna try it out

Reactions: theMickey_

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
There's an atom called "WindowCamera" which can be added to any scene and which has two controls: the basic "control" which represents the camera itself and can be positioned and pointed anywhere you like (you also need to check "Camera enabled" in its "Camera" tab!), and the 2nd control is called "DisplayControl" which represents the display showing the output from the camera, and again can be put anywhere you like and sized to any size you want.

View attachment 2812910

IIRC there should also be a couple of plugins that "emulate" that behavior i.e. on a screen of a mobile phone or tablet, and some you can add to a monitor atom itself for a second POV of your scene.
man...that really improved my game. I was using mirros to get second pov but with limited results.

But now I just need to know two things: do you know how can I change the output resolution? And the only way to increase the output size is by the scale slider?

Thanks again anyway.

Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
So which VAM updater should I get? The [VIRUS] (lel) one from here or the patron one?
Btw, why did they label it as a virus? If it's really a virus, then it should be deleted.
I've explained why the file attached to OP is marked as VIRUS (and that it isn't one) here just a few days ago. In the same post I also suggested to use the more recent VaM_Updater from Patreon anyways, because the one from OP is very outdated.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: brasileirinho

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
the keys don't work
They "Creator" key does. 100%. I can proof it (it works for me), many others are using that key as well without having issues, and even the creater of VaM himself posted that 1.21 keys work for versions 1.22, too.

1691263780137.png

Peteolino

Mar 12, 2019
That's 100% an issue on your end, and nobody here will be able to provide a fix without any further details (and tbh: this isn't the right place to address this issue). But there are a couple of workarounds:
  • use a download manager which is able to recover interrupted downloads
  • use the "VaM_Updater.exe" from the dev's , which also is able to recover from interrupted downloads
  • talk to your ISP to get your issue fixed
it's funny how the need you feel to answer every post make you say nonsensical things :D not a problem at my end, as some other user that actually had something to say said, I'm resorting to download large files from the HUB using a browser

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes