4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
ok i am gonna try that but if u know why i can only load hair and not the whole appearance that would be really helpful. thx for replying thou

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...why i can only load hair and not the whole appearance that would be really helpful...
I've just checked -- most looks from that creator come with a scene only, so if you want to use that "look" in a different or custom scene, you will have to save the look/appearance first. And if you search this thread, there have been multiple instructions on how to save and load a look or appearance. I also agree with Tomboy Enjoyer -- a lot of those looks use a "CUA" (aka "Custom Unity Asset") as hair, which you need to handle differently (with the CUA Manager plugin), which I personally don't like at all, but it's of course up to you if you want to deal with those additional plugins/settings just to load a look.

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
I've just checked -- most looks from that creator come with a scene only, so if you want to use that "look" in a different or custom scene, you will have to save the look/appearance first. And if you search this thread, there have been multiple instructions on how to save and load a look or appearance. I also agree with Tomboy Enjoyer -- a lot of those looks use a "CUA" (aka "Custom Unity Asset") as hair, which you need to handle differently (with the CUA Manager plugin), which I personally don't like at all, but it's of course up to you if you want to deal with those additional plugins/settings just to load a look.
its easy to save and load CUA. Just like loading new appearance.

Aziekil

Jan 30, 2023
the + point is its not burning my pc thats why i am going for this bcz those realistic looks roast my pc

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Hi. iv got one problem and one question:
1: I ususaly save morphs as favorite to use them for others appearance in multiple scenes. but in time to time the morphs I save in favorite just disapear (they auto uncheck the favorite button). I clear cache after I reach over ~ 200gb. this could be the cause of this happening?

2:Iv got over 4k scenes. Idk how many custom things (form dowloanded scenes) Iv got but stiill there are alot (over 250GB) ...I will want to do a clean up without reistaling the game cuz I dont want to lose anything. I have appearance "1" saved from scene "X" with morphs and textures that are from there "A B C". If I delete scene "x" (just the scene) the appearance "1" after loaded in another scene will lose the textures and morph "A B C"? or the game save those separately?\

I rly need some help ty

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Hi. iv got one problem and one question:
1: I ususaly save morphs as favorite to use them for others appearance in multiple scenes. but in time to time the morphs I save in favorite just disapear (they auto uncheck the favorite button). I clear cache after I reach over ~ 200gb. this could be the cause of this happening?

2:Iv got over 4k scenes. Idk how many custom things (form dowloanded scenes) Iv got but stiill there are alot (over 250GB) ...I will want to do a clean up without reistaling the game cuz I dont want to lose anything. I have appearance "1" saved from scene "X" with morphs and textures that are from there "A B C". If I delete scene "x" (just the scene) the appearance "1" after loaded in another scene will lose the textures and morph "A B C"? or the game save those separately?\

I rly need some help ty
1. Clearing cache shouldn't cause issues with favorite tags. But try and test it.

2. Organizing content in VAM is a mess. The best solution I found is to separate the bulk content from the VAM play folder in the PC. The 'play' copy goes in an SSD with minimal content, only the bestest things and the scenes I want to see in the near future.
The 'storage' goes in an HDD. This way you can have fast load times, save up SSD space and still keep your stuff.

Unfortunately, you will need to check each .var to see which one has the morphs you want. Generally, face/body morphs are inside the appearance .var; the expressions morphs inside their own .vars, but sometimes the scene .var. Textures are also generally stored in the appearance .var.

You can try to use pesadilla deduplicator, it can save a lot of space. Just be careful that if you use it and you have 2 looks that share the same dependencies, they will obviously break if you delete one of them, since it deduplicated the dependency. (I'm having a bad time thinking today, does this makes any sense?)

Rakot321

Jun 10, 2021
My actual version is 1.21.1.0. If I want to update, will I have to use the key again? And will the creator key that I have now be valid?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
My actual version is 1.21.1.0. If I want to update, will I have to use the key again? And will the creator key that I have now be valid?
You could either have used the Search at the very top or have read the OP to find an answer to your question.
1691845049294.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
guys keys are not working on 1.22.03 for some reason : ((
You are doing something wrong. Because it is working for the rest of us.
Can confirm, at least the "Creator" key (starting with a "C") from version 1.21 is working perfectly fine on 1.22.x. Will try the other keys now, but I'm pretty sure they'll work as well.

// EDIT: All keys listed in OP for "v1.21 and v1.22" do work:

1691955157306.png --> 1691955166827.png
1691955084069.png --> 1691955090658.png
1691955103301.png --> 1691955111776.png

Last edited:

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
1. Clearing cache shouldn't cause issues with favorite tags. But try and test it.

2. Organizing content in VAM is a mess. The best solution I found is to separate the bulk content from the VAM play folder in the PC. The 'play' copy goes in an SSD with minimal content, only the bestest things and the scenes I want to see in the near future.
The 'storage' goes in an HDD. This way you can have fast load times, save up SSD space and still keep your stuff.

Unfortunately, you will need to check each .var to see which one has the morphs you want. Generally, face/body morphs are inside the appearance .var; the expressions morphs inside their own .vars, but sometimes the scene .var. Textures are also generally stored in the appearance .var.

You can try to use pesadilla deduplicator, it can save a lot of space. Just be careful that if you use it and you have 2 looks that share the same dependencies, they will obviously break if you delete one of them, since it deduplicated the dependency. (I'm having a bad time thinking today, does this makes any sense?)
It does. but Havint 4k+ scenes to check its even more a mess. For now Iw ill stick with what I have and then I will make new VAM folder in anotehr partition to do what you said about the "play" copy.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Hi. 2 questions (again)
1: 1692317494995.png The itm shown on Package manager are all the texture/morph/clothing/scenes/apparances/plugins that I have instaled?

2: If I delete something from Package manager directly that itm will be deleted from 1692317569220.png ? or how does it work?

ty

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
2 questions ...
1: Yes. It lists all *.VAR packages you have installed. A single *.VAR package can contain multiple items. "Loose files" you might have installed in the "Custom" directory are not listed in the Add-On Package Manager

2: Yes. It will delete the selected *.VAR package immediately. It will not go into your Windows Recycle Bin. And each time you delete something through the Add-On Package Manager, it will automatically rescan all your remaining Add-Ons, therefore it's slow (the more packages you have installed, the worse). Also: the Add-On Package Manager does not show what other packages have dependencies to the package you're about to delete, so you might end up with missing dependencies. That's why I don't recommend using the Add-On Package Manager to delete stuff.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes