4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
1: Yes. It lists all *.VAR packages you have installed. A single *.VAR package can contain multiple items. "Loose files" you might have installed in the "Custom" directory are not listed in the Add-On Package Manager

2: Yes. It will delete the selected *.VAR package immediately. It will not go into your Windows Recycle Bin. And each time you delete something through the Add-On Package Manager, it will automatically rescan all your remaining Add-Ons, therefore it's slow (the more packages you have installed, the worse). Also: the Add-On Package Manager does not show what other packages have dependencies to the package you're about to delete, so you might end up with missing dependencies. That's why I don't recommend using the Add-On Package Manager to delete stuff.
so there is other option to delete stuff witout deleteing the one I need for custom ones?

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
1: Yes. It lists all *.VAR packages you have installed. A single *.VAR package can contain multiple items. "Loose files" you might have installed in the "Custom" directory are not listed in the Add-On Package Manager

2: Yes. It will delete the selected *.VAR package immediately. It will not go into your Windows Recycle Bin. And each time you delete something through the Add-On Package Manager, it will automatically rescan all your remaining Add-Ons, therefore it's slow (the more packages you have installed, the worse). Also: the Add-On Package Manager does not show what other packages have dependencies to the package you're about to delete, so you might end up with missing dependencies. That's why I don't recommend using the Add-On Package Manager to delete stuff.
Could you please explain better this one " does not show what other packages have dependencies to the package you're about to delete "

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Could you please explain better this one " does not show what other packages have dependencies to the package you're about to delete "
Let's make an example, shall we?

You see a look called "Anna" which you like, you download it (let's call it "packageA.var") and put it into your AddonPackages directory. If you try to load the look "Anna", you get an error telling you it uses a skin from another package which you then also download (this will be "packageB.var") and add it to your AddonPackages directory as well. You then realize, the creator of "packageB.var" included a look as well (which features the skin from this same package), and this look is called "Barbie" (with no further dependencies).

So now you'll have two new looks, "Anna" and "Barbie", although you only wanted to have "Anna". Currently you can load both those looks without any errors.

If you now now open the AddOn-Manager in VaM and scroll through the installed packages with the intend to "clean up" some packages, you might stumble across "packageB.var" which contains the "Barbie" look -- and because you don't like this look, you want to delete it. But because the AddOn-Manager does not show you something like "Hey, remember: the "Anna" look also needs the skin included in this package", you will break your "Anna" look if you just delete packageB.var. So once you've deleted "packageB.var" through the AddOn-Manager, your "Anna" look is broken again, and you will have to re-download "packageB.var" if you want to get it fixed.

Here's how I deal with this:

First and foremost: I only install a single look/scene/clothing item at a time with all its dependencies, then check the newly installed look/scene/clothes to see if they're working as intended. If some (or all) of the additional packages I had to install contain more looks/scenes etc., I'll ask myself: is this one single look/scene/cloth worth keeping all the other stuff? If not, then I'll delete all the new files again. Otherwise I'll keep them, and move all those packages in a subdirectory of "AddonPackages" called something like "keep" (any name will do). If those additional packages come with their own "scenes" for example, which I don't want/like, I will just "hide" them in my VaM browser.

That's the most basic way to keep your VaM installation tidy and clean.

Once in a while I do want to clean up stuff, but instead of using the ingame AddOn-Manager, I manually do move those Packages I intend to delete from "AddonPackages" to a temporary directory outside of VaM. Then I'll start VaM again to see what packages (aka what looks/scenes/clothes etc.) I've just broken by removing those packages from VaM. Then I'll have to decide again, whether or not I will also delete those now broken packages, or if I need to re-add the missing packages from the temporary directory back into my AddonPackages directory.

Hope this wall of text helps ;-)

Salvare000

Feb 21, 2021
I tried using search in this thread but couldn't find the answer to this;

I'm using the version 1.20.77.9 right now and want to update the game, do I just use the VaM_Updater.exe file to update to the latest version, or do I need to follow different steps? Will the same key work for newer versions also?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I tried using search in this thread but couldn't find the answer to this;

I'm using the version 1.20.77.9 right now and want to update the game, do I just use the VaM_Updater.exe file to update to the latest version, or do I need to follow different steps? Will the same key work for newer versions also?
I was running the same version and ran the updater and am now on v1.22.0.0. The old key will not work but new keys for this level are shown in this thread and work.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
[...]

[...]
I use VAM for 3 years now and this is the way. There's sadly no cleaner/better solution. You have to create an installation that you keep very clean from the get-go with subfolders in /AddonPackages or else it gets messy and slow really quick. I pretty much only use VAM for VR and despite having a beefy rig, the performance difference is significant if you play on a slim install with only the best stuff.

Reactions: theMickey_

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
does anyone know if theres a plugin that make a animation like a anus blinking? Also, is there a plugin that can make a simple animation of a woman masturbating?

I want to put these animations in the third or fourth person on a scene. So vamx doesnt seems to be a good option

abadguy87

Apr 19, 2020
On the other hand: the file also is very outdated. I'd suggest to download the current version from the dev's page directly instead.
is the full client free? looks like it will let me download it using their VAM_updater, is it gonna ask me for login info to play a scene I found on this forum?

thank you.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Let's make an example, shall we?

You see a look called "Anna" which you like, you download it (let's call it "packageA.var") and put it into your AddonPackages directory. If you try to load the look "Anna", you get an error telling you it uses a skin from another package which you then also download (this will be "packageB.var") and add it to your AddonPackages directory as well. You then realize, the creator of "packageB.var" included a look as well (which features the skin from this same package), and this look is called "Barbie" (with no further dependencies).

So now you'll have two new looks, "Anna" and "Barbie", although you only wanted to have "Anna". Currently you can load both those looks without any errors.

If you now now open the AddOn-Manager in VaM and scroll through the installed packages with the intend to "clean up" some packages, you might stumble across "packageB.var" which contains the "Barbie" look -- and because you don't like this look, you want to delete it. But because the AddOn-Manager does not show you something like "Hey, remember: the "Anna" look also needs the skin included in this package", you will break your "Anna" look if you just delete packageB.var. So once you've deleted "packageB.var" through the AddOn-Manager, your "Anna" look is broken again, and you will have to re-download "packageB.var" if you want to get it fixed.

Here's how I deal with this:

First and foremost: I only install a single look/scene/clothing item at a time with all its dependencies, then check the newly installed look/scene/clothes to see if they're working as intended. If some (or all) of the additional packages I had to install contain more looks/scenes etc., I'll ask myself: is this one single look/scene/cloth worth keeping all the other stuff? If not, then I'll delete all the new files again. Otherwise I'll keep them, and move all those packages in a subdirectory of "AddonPackages" called something like "keep" (any name will do). If those additional packages come with their own "scenes" for example, which I don't want/like, I will just "hide" them in my VaM browser.

Once in a while I do want to clean up stuff, but instead of using the ingame AddOn-Manager, I manually do move those Packages I intend to delete from "AddonPackages" to a temporary directory outside of VaM. Then I'll start VaM again to see what packages (aka what looks/scenes/clothes etc.) I've just broken by removing those packages from VaM. Then I'll have to decide again, whether or not I will also delete those now broken packages, or if I need to re-add the missing packages from the temporary directory back into my AddonPackages directory.

Hope this wall of text helps ;-)
understood perfectly ty. but Its late for me to do this thing: 1 cuz of the slow movement will be cuz all of the files Iv got. 2 cuz im on slow hdd.
So I will wait and do a fresh vam on another pc and try remake what I need.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I use VAM for 3 years now and this is the way. There's sadly no cleaner/better solution. You have to create an installation that you keep very clean from the get-go with subfolders in /AddonPackages or else it gets messy and slow really quick. I pretty much only use VAM for VR and despite having a beefy rig, the performance difference is significant if you play on a slim install with only the best stuff.
You can also use var manager. Maybe it's better in the long run, but I'm too lazy right now to learn how to properly use it

Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys, my window size display didn't show full the UI of menu which i can't see fully of the Character clothing options. I already change to the maximum size of display (1360x768) 1692528441568.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I already change to the maximum size of display (1360x768)
I highly doubt you will enjoy VaM on a system with such a small display, because it seems to be an outdated laptop -- but anyways: if you click on the three vertical dots at the very bottom, you can change (in your case: decrease) the UI scale:

1692530492512.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iloverobloxjezz

Mrmunagi

Sep 6, 2022
i know this is gonna sound stupid but my paranoia got the better of be, is the vam updater safe? cuz there is [VIRUS] written in front of it.

Shadyacres

Nov 18, 2017
Ok, so question. IS there a way to keep a look I've loaded from having tits that look like your 98 year old grandmother's tits? Any way to keep the sag under control or is that a per look thing? Since the one that was in the scene didn't have saggies.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes