4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
i have 1 file about dog model cenXaur.Dogaur.1.var but after i put it in add packages it doesn't seem to appear in scene library what is this can anyone help me

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...after i put it in add packages it doesn't seem to appear in scene library...
Check the content of the *.VAR file -- it might just contain a look or appearance, or maybe it's just a CUA or something like that, just not a scene. I'm not familiar with that particular file, but if you can't seem to see a scene, it might not contain one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: oklol111

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
Check the content of the *.VAR file -- it might just contain a look or appearance, or maybe it's just a CUA or something like that, just not a scene. I'm not familiar with that particular file, but if you can't seem to see a scene, it might not contain one.
i have downloaded it here and tried many ways but cant find the character file can you download and view it

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i have downloaded it here...
I've just looked into the *.VAR file, and as I assumed earlier, it does NOT contain a scene. It contains an *.assetbundle (which is a CUA) and a script called DogaurController.cs:
Code:
   "contentList" : [ 
      "Custom/Assets/cenXaur/dogaur.assetbundle", 
      "Custom/Assets/cenXaur/dogaur.jpg", 
      "Custom/Scripts/cenXaur/DogaurController.cs"
   ]
And if you read the "instructions" of the included meta file, it says: 'Use this asset with conjuncion with the "DogaurController" plugin from this package'.

So to use it, you'll need to add a "CustomUnityAsset" (CUA) to your scene, select the *.assetbundle from that file, select the the "Asset" in the configuration pane, then add the script that comes with the *.VAR file as plugin -- done.

1693128292585.png

• Love
Reactions: oklol111

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
I've just looked into the *.VAR file, and as I assumed earlier, it does NOT contain a scene. It contains an *.assetbundle (which is a CUA) and a script called DogaurController.cs:
Code:
   "contentList" : [
      "Custom/Assets/cenXaur/dogaur.assetbundle",
      "Custom/Assets/cenXaur/dogaur.jpg",
      "Custom/Scripts/cenXaur/DogaurController.cs"
   ]
And if you read the "instructions" of the included meta file, it says: 'Use this asset with conjuncion with the "DogaurController" plugin from this package'.

So to use it, you'll need to add a "CustomUnityAsset" (CUA) to your scene, select the *.assetbundle from that file, select the the "Asset" in the configuration pane, then add the script that comes with the *.VAR file as plugin -- done.

View attachment 2882443
Your a true hero , thank you so much !:LOL:

Reactions: theMickey_

ForceJoker

Apr 3, 2019
This updater is actual ass. It looks like it will take about 8 hours to download 17gb for the latest version? Don't suppose anyone has a hosted clean VaM 1.22.0.3 for people who don't want to leave their computer on for an updater that is swimming through mud with it's speed?

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
This updater is actual ass. It looks like it will take about 8 hours to download 17gb for the latest version? Don't suppose anyone has a hosted clean VaM 1.22.0.3 for people who don't want to leave their computer on for an updater that is swimming through mud with it's speed?
I just recently re-downloaded VaM as a clean instalation and in no way it took 8 hours. Might be something to do with your router blocking ports or the occasional potatoing of Meshed's servers.

ForceJoker

Apr 3, 2019
I just recently re-downloaded VaM as a clean instalation and in no way it took 8 hours. Might be something to do with your router blocking ports or the occasional potatoing of Meshed's servers.
Could be a combination of both. I've seen other people posting similar issues on the discord. With most people just shrugging and saying wait it out. I'm like 6 hours in right now? At about 97% roughly. I'm updating and not doing a clean install. Could also be a factor.

Enumeratum

May 4, 2020
Can someone please make a script that organizes the AddonPackages folder?
What I would like it to do is to automatically create a folder of each artist and then move each loose .var file into the relevant folder.

So it goes through the list of lose vars within the addonpackages folder, checks what is written before the first '.', checks if there is already a folder with that name, if so moves the var into that folder, if not creates a folder with what is written before the first '.' (artistname), and then moves the var into that folder.

This would save lots of time organizing this shitshow.
Change the *.txt-file extension to *.bat and put the file in your AddonPackages folder. After that, you can put all your txt, jpg, var-files in AddonPackages- folder and the script makes needed folders for them based on the creator name in filename and then moves the files in those folders. It doesn't delete anything and if it cannot move the file or create the folder for it, it leaves the file as it is.

So with this script you can just download all vars to AddonPackages-folder and run the cmd.bat and it moves all var-files to new or existing folders.

simslove2000

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
I've created a site & a google sheets that lists models and celebrities they purely coincidently look a like, fairly sparse at the moment, but thought I'd check in too see if something similar exists before start populating it

The Site

Sheets (where the site gets it's data from, updated when site rebuilt, if want to help populate just request access on sheets)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
This updater is actual ass. It looks like it will take about 8 hours to download 17gb for the latest version?
This is utterly BS. It takes like 15-30 minutes on my end. If the download takes 8+ hours on your end, that's a "you" issue.

//EDIT: Just tested it: it took less than 7 minutes from an empty directory with just the updater in it to a fully downloaded VaM installation with 18.7 GiB -- my internet speed is 500 MBit for downloads...

1693779578528.png 1693779679055.png

Last edited:

belmontzar

Oct 5, 2017
dumb question but gonna ask anyway. is there a smaller version to use with downloaded models, do you actually need the full program to get it to work?

frozenboyz

May 15, 2020
i already try this game mate..here my some question
1) where is the new game/load game option?
2) why total scene on scene browser is very few/limited? how to get more/completed scene collection?
3? each scene video, why only short duration? any long duration scene?
4) i want replace girl face on certain scene with famous idol girl that i like, is that possible mate?
5) is there a back button when scene is loaded for back to menu?

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
dumb question but gonna ask anyway. is there a smaller version to use with downloaded models, do you actually need the full program to get it to work?
vam is not game. its sandbox dude. u need learn more a year for know all bout vam.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
There's no smaller version of VaM -- you'll need to download the full program to use it. And btw: you'll pretty soon realize that VaM isn't the largest part you have to download: some scenes/looks are of large sizes as well, and if they then also need a bunch of dependencies, this will add up pretty quickly.

I personally only have a small collection of looks, scenes and environments that I keep, and my VaM installation is about 250 gig in size -- those are rookie numbers! People are hoarding terabytes of stuff for VaM, so those 20 gig for the base VaM program are laughable.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i already try this game mate..here my some question
1) where is the new game/load game option?
2) why total scene on scene browser is very few/limited? how to get more/completed scene collection?
3? each scene video, why only short duration? any long duration scene?
4) i want replace girl face on certain scene with famous idol girl that i like, is that possible mate?
5) is there a back button when scene is loaded for back to menu?
First and foremost: this isn't a game, it's a sandbox environment to create your own looks & scenes or load/watch looks/scenes other people have created.

1) Therefore there's no "new game" or "load game" option -- what you're looking for is the "scene browser" to load scenes that are already in the game.
1693810610723.png

2) You can find more scenes and looks and all kinds of stuff for VaM using the in-game "Hub Browser" (or you can visit the Hub outside of VaM ), you can also find a lot of (mostly paid but pirated) stuff here on F95, for example here.

3) There are scene that are several minutes in duration, just not the built-in ones that come with the main download.

4) Yes, it's possible. I (and others) have explained it a couple of times, for example here.

5) Yes, use the "Open Top Menu" button from the menu.
1693810681766.png

And some final advice: as you're obviously new to VaM, and because VaM has a very steep learning curve before you actually can "enjoy" playing with VaM, I'd suggest you watch some basic tutorials first, otherwise this will get very frustration very soon. which I found quite very helpful, and although it's quite "old" and has been recorded in VaM's VR mode, it helps to understand the basic concept of VaM.

Dec 21, 2022
Does anyone know if there are any tutorials on how to port models from koikatsu/illusion games to VAM? I have tried searching but have only ended up with partial info. Getting the model out of KK into Blender/DAZ is easy, but from there there are no tutorials, only one existing for VAM is to port VAM > Blender > VAM, so nothing of real use. Or is this some sort of closely guarded secret?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Does anyone know if there are any tutorials on how to port models from koikatsu/illusion games to VAM?
Have you seen this thread? Maybe it contains some information that'll help you. On the DAZ3D to VaM part, there are several posts on the VaM Hub like that might give you some advice on how to get it to work.

I've never done that myself, so I'm not able to judge how useful those tips/tutorials are though...

Anyways, good luck! :)

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes