4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

frozenboyz

May 15, 2020
HI ALL..
on ai shoujo all famous girl idols already have their own realistic face, created by some community..i see on VamX there is still really few famous girl/idol have their own realistic face, is that true?

Aug 4, 2021
VamX is maybe good for beginners to test shit out but it get's repetitive pretty fast. To my experience, loading times on any scene is slighty increased due to the integrated VamX crap.

shin137

Mar 28, 2020
Maybe this is the thing you are looking for
I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like you can just command persons without adding animations.
its exactly that, but he was specifically looking for desktop. that scene is vr only bc you have to control the male in first person.

frozenboyz

May 15, 2020
Yeah, that link is shite -- simslove2000 previously posted this link:
please help mate..
1) what to do? i dont want purchase..is there any solution without purchase? Screenshot 2023-09-13 001141.png
2. for this error message. what to mate? should we tick all check box? can we still running normally the scene when this error showing? Screenshot 2023-09-12 234753.png
3) between scene files and looks files, does we put it in different folder or the same folder in game directory folder?
Screenshot 2023-09-12 220650.png
4. does we should download dependencies too if we already download scene file? what if we dont download the dependencies file?
Screenshot 2023-09-12 220156.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
please help mate..
Dude -- just replying to random, absolutely unrelated posts gets you nowhere. Please stop.

And about your questions:
1) See OP for keys to unlock features
2) Depends on whether you want more security (not ticking boxes) or all the features (ticking boxes)
3) All *.VAR file have to go into "AddonPackages" or any subdirectory of that folder
4) You need dependent filesets for most scenes/looks to work

And finally: please use Google to search for some basic VaM tutorials, or use the VaM Hub as it has some very useful information as well. I even sent you a link to a playlist on Youtube with lots of tutorials. Please read/watch those tutorials before asking more questions. Thanks.

P.S.: I also told you to start "slow" by downloading a single look/scene to make yourself familiar with VaM. And now you're posting screenshots of a 66gig Torrent file with all kinds of stuff you don''t even know how to use, which is exactly the opposite of what any new VaM user should do. Keep doing it, and you will fail 100%. Why keep asking questions, and then don't read the answers or follow those suggestions (I can tell you didn't read or watch a single tutorial yet, and you're downloading a 66gig torrent with thousands of scenes already)...?! Well, I'm out, good luck on your VaM journey ;-)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
ok..I want now to know what will happend if I delete this 2 folders
Why do you want to delete those folders? Their size is very small (only a couple of KB), and as soon as you restart VaM, you either get an error message or VaM will recreate those folders. So what's the point? I'm just curious...

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Why do you want to delete those folders? Their size is very small (only a couple of KB), and as soon as you restart VaM, you either get an error message or VaM will recreate those folders. So what's the point? I'm just curious...
So like after reaching more then 7k var files and 4k scenes...the loading times very slow (minutes for some scenes) I started deleting the vars I dont need (as scenes/morphs/clothing). But...in those 2 folders...things that I deleted are there. In "scam for missing" all those deleted want to be redownloaded.
Maybe deleting them will help a bit for loading times and could reset those 2 things

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Maybe deleting them will help a bit for loading times and could reset those 2 things
Not at all. Those two directories have nothing to do with "Missing dependencies". And VaM doesn't give a sh*t if you delete a *.VAR file but the preferences for that file are still there. Deleting those two directories will not improve your loading times.

I'll give you the same advice that I gave to the user above you: start slow. Personally I'd say 7k *.VAR files is way too many, there's no way you'll ever need all of them. Create a new, empty folder, copy the VaM_updater.exe to it and re-download a fresh copy of VaM. Select a single scene/look from your old installation that you want to keep and copy it to the new VaM installation. Check for missing dependencies, and install them as well (if there are too many dependencies for a single look/scene, I personally would dip that scene/look). Continue doing one by by one until you have all the scenes/looks/plugins etc. you really need. That's how you keep your VaM installation clean and organized, and don't mess up your loading times.

Reactions: ub3rmaan

Aijule

Jul 12, 2023
Hello everyone, I am looking for a Courteney Cox model. Does anyone know if it was created? thanks in advance

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Not at all. Those two directories have nothing to do with "Missing dependencies". And VaM doesn't give a sh*t if you delete a *.VAR file but the preferences for that file are still there. Deleting those two directories will not improve your loading times.

I'll give you the same advice that I gave to the user above you: start slow. Personally I'd say 7k *.VAR files is way too many, there's no way you'll ever need all of them. Create a new, empty folder, copy the VaM_updater.exe to it and re-download a fresh copy of VaM. Select a single scene/look from your old installation that you want to keep and copy it to the new VaM installation. Check for missing dependencies, and install them as well (if there are too many dependencies for a single look/scene, I personally would dip that scene/look). Continue doing one by by one until you have all the scenes/looks/plugins etc. you really need. That's how you keep your VaM installation clean and organized, and don't mess up your loading times.
I will do that..but first I want to take off every thign from the copy I have now cuz I want to extraxt all textures on a separate folder so I will not need the *.var file fro that one.. I got lots of char scenes with tatoos..thas why I do this...
and about the "missing dependencies" UI. why they ask me to redowloand a scene from that UI if I deleted it already?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
why they ask me to redowloand a scene from that UI if I deleted it already?
Because another *.VAR has listed it as its dependency. If package A requires (as in "depends on") a skin from package B, and you extract just the skin and then delete package B, package A still requires package B unless you change the content of package A.

Open the in-game Package manager, click on "Missing Dependencies" to see what (still installed) *.VAR package is missing what package(s).

1694599984882.png

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Because another *.VAR has listed it as its dependency. If package A requires (as in "depends on") a skin from package B, and you extract just the skin and then delete package B, package A still requires package B unless you change the content of package A.

Open the in-game Package manager, click on "Missing Dependencies" to see what (still installed) *.VAR package is missing what package(s).

View attachment 2926222
you got just one...at me its red till hell...I will see then after I clear all useles scenes if this is still an encounter for me
ty

noostradamus

Apr 3, 2019
i'll be honest, as long as i don't have to wait a full minute for my game to load, my installation with like 2.5k vars and over 200 missing deps stays dirty, cleaning it up sounds like a pain in the rear and a massive timesink. as i keep adding more stuff, i've noticed the game start time going up, but i'm not seeing any changes to the scene loading times. maybe i'm not at that threshold yet...

Sarmak_R

Apr 14, 2023
It's less about how many vars you have and more about how many morphs you have active.

Vars in general will increase load times, but morphs (even if they aren't preloaded) will decrease performance.

I definitely like having many vars to play with but I keep my morphs clean.

noostradamus

Apr 3, 2019
It's less about how many vars you have and more about how many morphs you have active.

Vars in general will increase load times, but morphs (even if they aren't preloaded) will decrease performance.

I definitely like having many vars to play with but I keep my morphs clean.
what exactly would i have to do that would cause an overload of morphs? active morphs depend on the scene and animations, but can also be toggled on/off by loading appearance presets, right?
i'm going to guess plugins can activate their own morphs, as i recently noticed some more morphs appearing when tittymagic was active, but anything else?

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
guys I really need to learn how to speedup VAM loading. Its becoming unbearable.

Does the fastervam plugin got patched to work with the jayjay plugins? Last time I used it was incompatible. The assets that where loaded after the start was not recognized by the jayjay plugins.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes