4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

dav.mminolta

Jun 7, 2020
VaM manages PC memory very poorly. When you open a somewhat "heavy" scene, even after having closed it for another scene, the computer slows down.

If you look in the current tasks on the PC, the hard drive is running at full capacity, and the only way to overcome that is to have a lot of memory and an SSD. 32 Gigas ram.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
It's less about how many vars you have and more about how many morphs you have active.

Vars in general will increase load times, but morphs (even if they aren't preloaded) will decrease performance.

I definitely like having many vars to play with but I keep my morphs clean.
exactly...when started cleaning I had around 1100 female ones...for now im at 850...some creators rly like to put just they owns and they could add 2 pages just for one scene that have in an char modification "sistem"

spartami

Mar 6, 2021
Do you have credible source for this statement?
Afaik the game is made in unity-engine, and they will start fining developers for every install. Google "unity developer fees" and look at some youtube content. Voila, hope you understand now. I may be wrong but if this retroactively affects developers like the ones for this game, they are fucked. Edit: and so are the enjoyers on here.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Another company trying to inflate their value by "recurring revenue" scheme. Investors love that sh*t.

Unless there is mass exodus of developers and projects, they will do a Reddit, and steam ahead and squeeze their base for every nickle and dime.

By the sound of it, there might be other reasons not to use Unity in any newly planned project. If they continue bleeding money, the engine might not have any future anyway.

spartami

Mar 6, 2021
Another company trying to inflate their value by "recurring revenue" scheme. Investors love that sh*t.

Unless there is mass exodus of developers and projects, they will do a Reddit, and steam ahead and squeeze their base for every nickle and dime.

By the sound of it, there might be other reasons not to use Unity in any newly planned project. If they continue bleeding money, the engine might not have any future anyway.
Unity-CEO sold his shares of the company roughly a week before the anouncement. They know this is bad.
My guess is that a good chunk of the indie-dev-scene will just delete their projects and leave. Start somewhere else anew.
Mobile games will push more aggressive monetization-schemes.

As for VaM-Development, I am really curious what changes this will bring.

quote from meshedvr on the hub:
" We are way too deep into VaM2 to switch engines now. A change to UE would cost years in development time. This move by Unity is ridiculous and they are facing huge backlash already. If they keep moving forward they are going to face a lot of legal battles, and I would join in on that if necessary. I'm hugely disappointed in Unity and this is killing whatever positivity the Unity brand had left. If I was starting over, I would not choose Unity for the project. I think Unity is going to have to rollback on this proposed change to save face. I don't think it will ultimately affect VaM or VaM2 because I can't see how they can possibly roll this out in the face of such negativity, and I also don't see how they can technically pull off accurate install and revenue numbers without companies self reporting. VaM2 moves forward on Unity. The VaM2 addon kit is Unity based and highly tied to that. I'm not throwing away years of work to start over on another engine. "

I guess we'll see.

noostradamus

Apr 3, 2019
lol it's news to me that they're even working on VaM 2, is there anything we know about it, or is it in a "secret phase" for now and we don't know a thing? why make VaM 2, do they feel 1 is complete, or is it the opposite, something in 1 is so badly broken beyond repair that they'd rather start from scratch?

Jul 8, 2017
Is there a way to add plugins and disable soft body physics by default, in addition to the regular embeded plugins, whenever I load a scene? I want to use Naturalis to increase FPS and make the physics look better but it's a hassle to have to manually do it every time.

Aug 4, 2021
Is there a way to add plugins and disable soft body physics by default, in addition to the regular embeded plugins, whenever I load a scene? I want to use Naturalis to increase FPS and make the physics look better but it's a hassle to have to manually do it every time.
I think naturalis have to use soft body physics to work properly.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there a way to add plugins and disable soft body physics by default...
You can turn off "Soft Body Physics" per default in VaM's "User Preferences":

1694940422085.png

And you can load plugins per default whenever you load up VaM as well, but only if those are "Session Plugins" like JayJayWon's "Browser Assist":

1694940533232.png

Naturalis is a plugin you'll have to put onto a character, so it doesn't work as a "Session Plugin" AFAIK. But you can of course open a scene, add the plugin to the character you want to use it on, and then save a changed version of that scene. That way loading your version of the scene always should have the plugin enabled already.

I think naturalis have to use soft body physics to work properly.
According to it should work with Soft Body Physics being disabled:

1694940974971.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomboy Enjoyer
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes