4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, recently I think I fucked up something in the menus, and in desktop mode I can't see the rotatino axis or control anything with the mouse. Anyone know how to fix this?
EDIT: I just figured out that they appear when I press ALT? Is there a way to change this? I still can't move points, just rotate them with alt

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Hey guys, recently I think I fucked up something in the menus, and in desktop mode I can't see the rotatino axis or control anything with the mouse. Anyone know how to fix this?
EDIT: I just figured out that they appear when I press ALT? Is there a way to change this? I still can't move points, just rotate them with alt
try restart vam or pc. and try restore setting default.

Reactions: urhenmon

ThreeLeggedMan

May 8, 2020
Unity-CEO sold his shares of the company roughly a week before the anouncement. They know this is bad.
My guess is that a good chunk of the indie-dev-scene will just delete their projects and leave. Start somewhere else anew.
Mobile games will push more aggressive monetization-schemes.

As for VaM-Development, I am really curious what changes this will bring.

quote from meshedvr on the hub:
" We are way too deep into VaM2 to switch engines now. A change to UE would cost years in development time. This move by Unity is ridiculous and they are facing huge backlash already. If they keep moving forward they are going to face a lot of legal battles, and I would join in on that if necessary. I'm hugely disappointed in Unity and this is killing whatever positivity the Unity brand had left. If I was starting over, I would not choose Unity for the project. I think Unity is going to have to rollback on this proposed change to save face. I don't think it will ultimately affect VaM or VaM2 because I can't see how they can possibly roll this out in the face of such negativity, and I also don't see how they can technically pull off accurate install and revenue numbers without companies self reporting. VaM2 moves forward on Unity. The VaM2 addon kit is Unity based and highly tied to that. I'm not throwing away years of work to start over on another engine. "

I guess we'll see.
We'll see indeed but you can say that it's really bothers meshed and he is in bad/disappointment mood. It can affect to development and the time maybe but I don't think he will give up. Any case if it is happens, don't get surprised.

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
With clothe items like this leash, how do you control it in desktop mode? I know that you can kind of control the leash with VR, but I have no idea how to do it in desktop
Edit: I found out. With the clothes grab sphere.

Last edited:

Ellano7

Sep 22, 2018
Is there some kind of trick to reduce RAM usage in VAM? It's taking 7GB without any scene on the background and 27-32GB on basically every scene I load... I already turned off caching and checked both RAM optimizations to unload unused assets.
It's annoying since it causes micro stuttering every 3 seconds due the RAM being fully occupied all the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BigFrogX

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Is there some kind of trick to reduce RAM usage in VAM? It's taking 7GB without any scene on the background and 27-32GB on basically every scene I load... I already turned off caching and checked both RAM optimizations to unload unused assets.
It's annoying since it causes micro stuttering every 3 seconds due the RAM being fully occupied all the time.
ihave 24gb ddr4 3200mhz ram.. this vam eat all 97% .. sometime i load 5people it crash . eroor "to many hips" i plan to update 32gb or 64gb ram 3200mhz ddr4 letter.

Reactions: Ellano7

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
It's taking 7GB without any scene on the background and 27-32GB on basically every scene I load... I already turned off caching and checked both RAM optimizations to unload unused assets.
We know that VaM isn't very optimized when it comes to dealing with memory, but those numbers seems to be high. So I've just tested this:
  • a freshly downloaded VaM uses 3 GB memory after starting it, 6.3 GB memory after loading the default scene
  • my "normal" VaM installation (with roughly ~100 gig in ~2,000 *.VAR files installed) uses 5.5 GB after starting it, and 9.3 GB after loading the default scene
  • loading a "heavy-ish scene" (like Virtual Sweetheart ReLoaded) takes a couple of minutes, and VaM uses 24.2 GB after loading it; even after loading in all the different clothing options included in the scene, VaM uses less than 27 GB of memory
  • loading other scenes I have installed VaM usually ends up using like 15-25 GB memory on my end, depending on how many characters and textures are there to load for that scene
  • even after switching between multiple (~15-20) scenes, VaM never uses more than 25-28 GB of memory on my end, it uses like 20-22 GB most of the time

Turning off the VaM caching shouldn't help with any memory problems, it just makes the performance of VaM worse in general, as VaM has to re-scan like every installed *.VAR file for its content instead of using its cached data AFAIK. And those RAM optimization options to unload unused assets can help a bit, but knowing that VaM has issues unloading scenes in general, I would advice closing down VaM completely and restarting it before loading a more complex scene anyways. Btw, the testing above was done with the default settings (caching turned on, and only the "optimize memory usage on scene load" being active as well).

Reactions: Ellano7 and Mirrora

Galin

May 5, 2017
ihave 24gb ddr4 3200mhz ram.. this vam eat all 97% .. sometime i load 5people it crash . eroor "to many hips" i plan to update 32gb or 64gb ram 3200mhz ddr4 letter.
I moved a bunch of old "*.var"s to another folder, it helped much with this "too many heap sections" error

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
yeah i have almost 2tb var. thas make loading for firstime launch about 10-15minute.
Sheez! I bet you use less than 10% on a somehow regular basis, so why keep hoarding all the other unnecessary stuff? And 10-15 minutes starting time...?! Like what the actual fudge? It takes about 60 seconds to start VaM in Desktop mode and load the default scene on my end -- with a 4-5 year old rig!

Spoiler alert: those 64gb memory will not help you with that... :p

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022
Sheez! I bet you use less than 10% on a somehow regular basis, so why keep hoarding all the other unnecessary stuff? And 10-15 minutes starting time...?! Like what the actual fudge? It takes about 60 seconds to start VaM in Desktop mode and load the default scene on my end -- with a 4-5 year old rig!

yeah looks like i will put old var or deleted permanently. on fresh vam it just take a view minute bout 10-30second for startup. but until i put all my 1.5tb var+++ it mess my loading . i will keep upgdrade my ram to higher . for another program and games too. hiks

Ellano7

Sep 22, 2018
We know that VaM isn't very optimized when it comes to dealing with memory, but those numbers seems to be high. So I've just tested this...
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation and testing. I guess there is no use other than upgrading the RAM to 64GB to prevent the stuttering issues. Or maybe delete old vars but then again I would be scared to ruin dependencies of other scenes...kinda an odd spot rn.

SoulOneX

Aug 31, 2020
Can anyone PLEASE HELP? How can I switch characters in sex scenes? All character asset files I download show up only in the scenes section and not in the looks category, it's very frustrating.

1695230836129.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can anyone PLEASE HELP? How can I switch characters in sex scenes? All character asset files I download show up only in the scenes section and not in the looks category, it's very frustrating.
No, it's not frustrating -- it's just how it works or how the creator decided to share their look. It has been explained multiple times how to replace characters in scenes using look or appearance presets. Here or here for example.

SoulOneX

Aug 31, 2020
No, it's not frustrating -- it's just how it works or how the creator decided to share their look. It has been explained multiple times how to replace characters in scenes using look or appearance presets. Here or here for example.
Really appreciate the fast reply & the useful links. Was frustrated because i could not find the correct instructions.

Reactions: theMickey_

noostradamus

Apr 3, 2019
several sources i've seen/read talking about how to save/load looks/appearances (including, but not limited to, that Virtual Sweetheart Reloaded scene's look change helper) mentioned using the "appearance preset" menu instead of "control & physics" for looks. what's the difference between the two?

i also checked out of curiosity how many look presets i have in my slightly bloated VAM instance, and it's just 5. quite small compared to the amount of appearance presets, which i have hundreds of (most of them being like half of barcoder's collection but still).

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
several sources i've seen/read talking about how to save/load looks/appearances (including, but not limited to, that Virtual Sweetheart Reloaded scene's look change helper) mentioned using the "appearance preset" menu instead of "control & physics" for looks. what's the difference between the two?
Just 2-3 post below the first link I sent you you'll find this. It contains a link to a table where you can see the different values which are being saved using either a "Look" or "Appearance" preset -- I think it really comes down to a personal preference, as I don't have any issue with using both of them. But then again, when you want to exchange characters in scenes which have a lot of plugins (like timeframe animations, playing audio and such) there might be a difference, but I'm not 100% sure.

Until now I've used "Look" presets, and by using a template to create screenshots for each look, this worked pretty well:
1695270105623.png

But since I've started using JayJayWon's BrowserAssist (which is absolutely fabulous I must say), and it only has a "Preset Appearance" but nothing similar for Looks, I want to switch to appearance presets -- I just hadn't have time yet to re-save all the looks as appearance, so it currently only shows those that came with the *.VAR files I've installed:
1695270265011.png

Well, hopefully I get some time soon to re-organize my look/appearances... ;)

Reactions: noostradamus

JenjenXX

Apr 13, 2023
Quick question. How can I stop a cumming animation? In the scene the male cums near the beginning and just keeps shooting the whole scene lol

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes