4.70 star(s) 17 Votes
Aug 4, 2021
I Have a question. I plan to upgrade my PC to Intel Xeon E5 2697 v2 (12 cores and 12 threads) with 3.50 Ghz frequency in Turbo Boost and up to 64GB of RAM respectively.

My question: is it really important for VAM how many cores my CPU actually has? Or is it more important the frequency of the core, rather than the amount of the cores themselves?

I'm asking, coz I read somewhere that VAM uses just one core and one thread, and it actually does not need other cores, however it needs high CPU frequency(the higher the better) and needs RAM also with hight frequency and timings and some good GPU instead.

Can somebody please help me to navigate my houghts in a right direction, please ?
VaM is horribly optimized. My Ryzen 9 5900x sometimes has 80-90% usage due soft body physics and a couple plugins.
No matter what CPU you have, some scenes hit quite heavy.

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
Try checking the looks menu. There is a difference between the looks and appeance tab. Also if you dont mind can you DM me the link to the look you are talking about so that i know exactly what you are talking about.
esxactly, It was in apparence tab, why are some divided in look and others in apparence?

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
is it possible to create something similar as some modeling agency inside VAM, in the sense of adding to the camera a character to manage it, like in the VR of VAM but in pc and with the SMA controls?

OMFGKYLE

Mar 17, 2019
why are some divided in look and others in apparence?
I think it depends on when the character was created. In the older versions, people used to saved it as Looks because the apperance tab was not available. Anyways, did you found the character you were looking for?

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
I think it depends on when the character was created. In the older versions, people used to saved it as Looks because the apperance tab was not available. Anyways, did you found the character you were looking for?
yes, should I use apperance tab, becouse I saving anything ub look

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
Is there any difference anyway? Between looks and apperance? If I want to save a character look, should I use the looks tab or apperance?

Reactions: urmum123

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Is there any difference anyway? Between looks and apperance? If I want to save a character look, should I use the looks tab or apperance?

The main difference is that Look preset will save the atom name, but the appearance won't. Maybe using appearance preset is better then, because it won't change the name of a person if you load a custom appearance.

Reactions: urhenmon

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
how can I make the plugins that I choose to be automatically loaded in all the scenes and characters that I load?

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Some plugins comes as session plugins, that can be stored and always run on startup. To load plugins to all models, you most likely need a plugin such as

• Red Heart
Reactions: urmum123

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
I installed More Bigger by Mafavam, but when I activate the plugin and move the intensity slider, the body is not modified at all, what should I do?

urmum123

Feb 7, 2020
Captura de pantalla (9338).png
when I set the intensity slider of the penis controler plugin to maximum, the penis ends up with very pronounced vertices on its body, what should I do to avoid this?

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
I have to do this, self-humiliation in this case is a class act... I am an idiot! As a matter of fact I just made the huge mistake of downloading the whole thing, 14+GB, completely forgetting I wouldn't be able to run VAM because I have no VR device yet. I knew it, but my memory failed, something that's occurring too many times lately a sign I'm not aging well at all!

I do write this comment in the desperate attempt to get someone commenting back trying to reassure me I'm not that stoopid and tell me I can actually run VAM even without a VR sets. Ain't gonna happen, I know, but what else would be a desperate move itself if not a desperate move!?!!

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I have to do this, self-humiliation in this case is a class act... I am an idiot! As a matter of fact I just made the huge mistake of downloading the whole thing, 14+GB, completely forgetting I wouldn't be able to run VAM because I have no VR device yet. I knew it, but my memory failed, something that's occurring too many times lately a sign I'm not aging well at all!

I do write this comment in the desperate attempt to get someone commenting back trying to reassure me I'm not that stoopid and tell me I can actually run VAM even without a VR sets. Ain't gonna happen, I know, but what else would be a desperate move itself if not a desperate move!?!!
You don't need a VR headset... :cautious:

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
So... I just figured out I need a Master Degree from MIT to use this... :cautious::rolleyes::sneaky: ... but why should I be surprised!?? Made in Unity... takes all the issues from Unity, the less intuitive Engine out there.
UI Design is not a joke, you know, it has its rules and even when you break them you still start from them. Unity itself it's like Blender... it gives you no clue of where you're supposed to look at and go to start doing your thing. The very opposite of what happens with Unreal Engine and, for example, Cinema 4D... once you get into them you always end up looking into a direction that leads you somewhere already in the first 3... 4... 5 minutes, and could spend hours doing stuff with no need of help, no need to google a single word about it. You're never lost, good sense and some logic are all you need. Well... at least that's how things worked for me.
I've spent 1 hour in VAM and I still dunno where the basic controls are, what they do and how are supposed to be handled. I didn't mean to come here and complain, I actually thought I was going to share some enthusiasm about the new toy. I can only hope somebody gives me a direction, a hint about the most valuable guide about how to use VAM without messing around , before I put a tombstone on it and get back the huge amount of space I can use better installing something else.

PS: Kudos, by the way, to whoever actually does things with VAM and to who has shared and shares so much content for it, because I can truly appreciate the efforts and the generosity, specially considering the astonishing amount of resources shared all over the place. I really hope I can change my mind and still give VAM and myself a chance. Peace!

• Angry
Reactions: IXL

urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
So... I just figured out I need a Master Degree from MIT to use this... :cautious::rolleyes::sneaky: ... but why should I be surprised!?? Made in Unity... takes all the issues from Unity, the less intuitive Engine out there.
UI Design is not a joke, you know, it has its rules and even when you break them you still start from them. Unity itself it's like Blender... it gives you no clue of where you're supposed to look at and go to start doing your thing. The very opposite of what happens with Unreal Engine and, for example, Cinema 4D... once you get into them you always end up looking into a direction that leads you somewhere already in the first 3... 4... 5 minutes, and could spend hours doing stuff with no need of help, no need to google a single word about it. You're never lost, good sense and some logic are all you need. Well... at least that's how things worked for me.
I've spent 1 hour in VAM and I still dunno where the basic controls are, what they do and how are supposed to be handled. I didn't mean to come here and complain, I actually thought I was going to share some enthusiasm about the new toy. I can only hope somebody gives me a direction, a hint about the most valuable guide about how to use VAM without messing around , before I put a tombstone on it and get back the huge amount of space I can use better installing something else.

PS: Kudos, by the way, to whoever actually does things with VAM and to who has shared and shares so much content for it, because I can truly appreciate the efforts and the generosity, specially considering the astonishing amount of resources shared all over the place. I really hope I can change my mind and still give VAM and myself a chance. Peace!
Did you watch the tutorials on youtube? There are actual tutorials on youtube on how to use VAM.

EDIT: I've been using VAM for a few weeks now, and every time I used it I found out new stuff. There's quite a lot of things you can do, and there are a lot of things you can download in here and in the vamhub that can make your experience a lot better.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes