4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
So like. right now I got a rx 580. if I install the newest drivers cant play VAM.. with 2 years old ones runs well. I was thinking that maybe someone here got a newer amd card and runs VAM with the newest drivers, and those doesent give them problems.
I'm running 23.9.1 on a 6700XT using Virtual Desktop with no problems

happyscott

May 21, 2020
Hi guys, I am a 3D artist and have been using VaM for, entertainment.

But yeah I got it here and, also clothing and stuff.

Is it hypocritical of me for me to now try to make money by making my own clothes?, I think I might start a Patreon for early access and then post them for free after some time.

Also, Do I need to buy the creator version for me to start, like, Is it embedded on the clothing?, I have only seen the author name when doing it.

I DO plan and give back by supporting creators and Meshed VR, but yeah, I need to make money to give back in the first place :3.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi guys, I am a 3D artist and have been using VaM for, entertainment...
I don't have insights into whether or not it's lucrative to create clothes for VaM and make them available via Patreon only, but I do remember some creators had (have?) quite a few supporters -- so yeah, you might be able to make a few extra bucks with it. Is it worth the effort though? I again have no clue on how talented you are, and how easy it is for you to create stuff for VaM, so if it only takes a few hours to create something amazing, it might pay of for you.

And about your last statement, whether or not you'll need the Creator version of VaM or not and "I need to make money to give back in the first place": I highly recommend becoming a member of the Creator tier first before publishing anything anywhere, otherwise you might get into trouble. It's never a good idea to publish your own work with the intend to make money with it by using pirated software. You have to invest something to earn something, not the other way around. And the Creator tier is only like 8-10 bucks a month. If you can't afford that, maybe try to have 2-3 "coffee to go" less per month. ;-)

Reactions: happyscott

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020

Is it hypocritical of me for me to now try to make money by making my own clothes?, I think I might start a Patreon for early access and then post them for free after some time.

Also, Do I need to buy the creator version for me to start, like, Is it embedded on the clothing?, I have only seen the author name when doing it.

I DO plan and give back by supporting creators and Meshed VR, but yeah, I need to make money to give back in the first place :3.
since there are so few artists making cloths, I believe that this is not very lucrative.

DeadDogi

Mar 27, 2019

I want to know how you are going to create clothes for VaM? Will it just be porting things over from DAZ? Or do you have experience creating clothes yourself using programs like Marvelous Designer?

BigFrogX

Sep 12, 2022

will suport u

Sinkandika

May 29, 2022
Hi, can anyone help me. I extract VAM on my C drive and everything went smoothly. then I moved all the files to the external drive f. when I opened the game it freeze and not respond. but after I moved the files back to my C drive, everything ran smoothly again. Does anyone know how to move VAM to another drive without errors?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Does anyone know how to move VAM to another drive without errors?
You can just move the VaM folder to any drive you want, you don't need to do anything special.

My guess would be: your C drive is a SSD/NVMe drive (fast/very fast), and your F drive is a regular HDD (slow), and if you say "external", hopefully you don't mean it's connected via USB or a network share from another system or NAS, which might make it even slower. So: on your fast C drive VaM starts normal, on your "external" HDD drive it just takes ages and you just assumed it's not loading at all.

Reactions: Sinkandika

Sinkandika

May 29, 2022
You can just move the VaM folder to any drive you want, you don't need to do anything special.

My guess would be: your C drive is a SSD/NVMe drive (fast/very fast), and your F drive is a regular HDD (slow), and if you say "external", hopefully you don't mean it's connected via USB or a network share from another system or NAS, which might make it even slower. So: on your fast C drive VaM starts normal, on your "external" HDD drive it just takes ages and you just assumed it's not loading at all.
because you mentioned about the drive. I wonder if it's because I downloaded 300GB of unfinished assets and I put them in the AddonPackages folder on drive f. when I separated the main game folder from the unfinished download, finally, I can play the game on drive f. Thanks for the advice.

• Angry
Reactions: theMickey_

happyscott

May 21, 2020
I want to know how you are going to create clothes for VaM? Will it just be porting things over from DAZ? Or do you have experience creating clothes yourself using programs like Marvelous Designer?
Blender+Substance Painter most likely, I would still use DAZ to scale them properly and export the .dub format required for VaM. I have a few clothe Ideas of my own and others saved on Pinterest, but no, no porting over, because the clothing I want to do is those I haven't found elsewhere.

hobbyistsam33

Dec 25, 2018
For some reason my middle mouse button isn't moving the monitor camera anymore, not sure what happened. Anyone know what I need to do to get this to work again?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Maybe you disabled 'grab navigation' option... idk if that's only VR or also affects Desktop, but it's worth to test it.

Gugugulee

Oct 16, 2022
I used to use facegen a long long time ago, but to be honest, facegen is trashy. Now I create characters using MetaMixer in DazStudio by my hand.
Now the 3D face reconstruction (on 3DMM, especially) technology is still not advanced yet. There are many essays though, but too little softwares available.

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
I used to use facegen a long long time ago, but to be honest, facegen is trashy. Now I create characters using MetaMixer in DazStudio by my hand.
Now the 3D face reconstruction (on 3DMM, especially) technology is still not advanced yet. There are many essays though, but too little softwares available.
I remember using facegen way back in the day to make Oblivion Presets lmao.
they didn't look great but were usable enough. But i'm looking for the highest quality possible, super photorealistic. This spada dude is really talented, now to see if he's taking comissions

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
is there a way to use metamixer to create a character based on a real face? Here is where I wish I had access to those fancy tech the ppl at cyberpunk used to make keanu reaves as Jhonny Silverhand

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes