4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
I don't want to be a staff uploader. What does that have to do with the people signed up for the position ignoring the point of them signing up in the first place.

Equally smarky response would be... Well if you all the +1 spammers in the threads.. they could just pay . pay.. paypig into patreon.. No.. That was a redicilous and unthoughtful response on your part.
Then we all get the Uploaders we deserve... ;)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Dude, don't drag me into your personal rage against uploaders -- I have not commented on this (you're still on my ignore list, so I didn't even read your comment in the first place), so why even go after me now?

Please feel free to block me if you don't like my comments. And please feel free to apply as an uploader yourself (as mixmox82 suggested) if you're unsatisfied with the type of uploads. Or just talk to KyraLux directly instead of going on a public rampage. You can change how things work! But posting in this thread about "Uh, I don't like how things are getting uploaded recently, everything used to be better" doesn't change anything.

Btw: There's absolutely no need to download everything VaM-related that's being posted! It's a habit (or should I say an addiction?) of some people to "get it all". That's just effing stupid. And finally: most "collections" I've just checked do have a working torrent link, so you can still hand-pick what you want to download and what not. You don't have to download the 5 GB "full Vambo collection" just to get a single look. So I'm not sure what you're actually ranting about... (and I don't care tbh).

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Python:
import os
import hashlib
import shutil

def get_file_hash(file_path):
    """Generate a hash for a given file."""
    hasher = hashlib.md5()
    with open(file_path, 'rb') as f:
        for chunk in iter(lambda: f.read(4096), b''):
            hasher.update(chunk)
    return hasher.hexdigest()

def reduce_cache_duplicates(directory):
    """Reduce duplicate files in the cache directory."""
    # Create a dictionary to store file hashes as keys and file paths as values
    file_hash_dict = {}

# Iterate over all files in the directory and its subdirectories
    for root, dirs, files in os.walk(directory):
        for file in files:
            file_path = os.path.join(root, file)
            file_hash = get_file_hash(file_path)

# If the hash is already in the dictionary, it means the file is a duplicate
            # Create a reference to the existing file instead of keeping the duplicate
            if file_hash in file_hash_dict:
                reference_file = file_hash_dict[file_hash]
                print(f"Removing duplicate file: {file_path}")
                os.remove(file_path)
                os.symlink(reference_file, file_path)
                print(f"Created symlink for {file_path} pointing to {reference_file}")
            else:
                file_hash_dict[file_hash] = file_path
                print(f"Processed file: {file_path}")

# Get the current directory
current_directory = os.getcwd()

# Call the function to reduce duplicates in the current directory and its subdirectories
print("Reducing duplicate files...")
reduce_cache_duplicates(current_directory)
print("Duplicate reduction complete.")
[/SPOILER]
Python:
    # Iterate over all files in the directory and its subdirectories
    for root, dirs, files in os.walk(directory):
        for file in files:
            if file.lower().endswith(('vamcachemeta', 'vamcachejson')):
                continue
            file_path = os.path.join(root, file)
            file_hash = get_file_hash(file_path)
[/SPOILER]
1699482329718.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Aziekil
Apr 19, 2018
is there a way to buy an official version of the game without using patreon?
don't think so plus besides, the game in of itself is technically free if i'm not mistaken since you can download the updater itself i think from the patreon without needing to pay for anything, it's just content access that is primarily locked behind patreon. which can be pretty easily accessed via Kemono. But then again at the same time you don't really need to have the key to use the hub ingame, since the hub can be accessed outside of the game, and the content gotten that way quite easily if you know where to put files and whatnot.
And also to be fair I wouldn't quite call this program a game necessarily exactly, more of it's kinda a piece of sexual animation creation software that also can be used to create characters as you see fit. though there are a few scenes that have sortof somewhat game~ish type elements in them such as the hucow demo that has been released lately for example.

Last edited:

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
And also to be fair I wouldn't quite call this program a game necessarily exactly, more of it's kinda a piece of sexual animation creation software that also can be used to create characters as you see fit.
To create or load created stuff. Particularly, I've never created a look nor a scene. It's too techincal and time consuming. But yeah, the gameplay components are relatively underdeveloped. I think there are tools for that, but, sadly, people focus on creating scenes instead of a gaming experience.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...the game in of itself is technically free if i'm not mistaken...
You're kind of right and wrong at the same time :)

Yes - you can download VaM for free. But without an official key you are using VaM in a "free" version as well with limited possibilities. You'll need to become a higher tier member on (which to my knowledge is the only way to buy VaM officially btw Neon_simp).

The tiers are:
  • Free
  • Teaser
  • Entertainer
  • Creator
And you can find the features/limitations of each version (which AFAIK is still the same for current versions of VaM) for example.

And to be fair: the highest tier (which unlocks all the features of VaM!) is only about 8 bucks per month (mighty vary on where you are from because of taxes and stuff), and you only need to be a member for one month to get a key. The key will of course still work if you cancel your subscription.

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022

Yes - you can download VaM for free. But without an official key you are using VaM in a "free" version as well with limited possibilities. You'll need to become a higher tier member on (which to my knowledge is the only way to buy VaM officially btw Neon_simp).

The tiers are:
  • Free
  • Teaser
  • Entertainer
  • Creator
And you can find the features/limitations of each version (which AFAIK is still the same for current versions of VaM) for example.

And to be fair: the highest tier (which unlocks all the features of VaM!) is only about 8 bucks per month (mighty vary on where you are from because of taxes and stuff), and you only need to be a member for one month to get a key. The key will of course still work if you cancel your subscription.
Yeah well thats unfortunate. I got banned from patreon for leaking content XD.
lifetime banned, i think they even got my IP identified and banned. every account I create is banned within seconds lol

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
ok i download the game i pay the patreon for the key but the key didnt work i miss something? help x)
If you're a Patreon subscriber, that's an issue you should message MeshedVR on Patreon about. But as a former subscriber I can tell you it's most probably an issue on your end and has nothing to do with the key, as the current key posted on Patreon does (still) work.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Can you scan just a scene for missing dependences? or there is a way to know whats missing from just that scene? (sometimes not everithing will display in eror log)

Apr 19, 2018

The tiers are:
  • Free
  • Teaser
  • Entertainer
  • Creator

That's basically what I had stated in my message. As of currently the only available key for the most recent versions that exist because VAM hasn't been updated in awhile from what I've seen... is for the creator tier anyways. And I've not seen the entertainer tier either.

Can you scan just a scene for missing dependences? or there is a way to know whats missing from just that scene? (sometimes not everithing will display in eror log)
Depending on if the scene is set up with the correct dependencies to be told to the game to check for when doing the scan will usually end up being the deciding factor in such. Otherwise good luck trying to find what is missing and what isn't missing. Additionally, the hub menu ingame has a scan for missing packages function for that exact reason typically. Doesn't work always. But it works well enough when packages have their dependencies set up right.

ok i download the game i pay the patreon for the key but the key didnt work i miss something? help x)
Simplest answer I can give to that, is make sure you have the latest version downloaded for one, aka 1.22.0.3, and also make sure your using the key that was posted last on the patreon, which should be in one of the posts towards the top of the recent list of posts.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Not possible to scan single scene as far as I know. If you go into Package Manager, and select the var, it usually gives an indication of what is wrong with that file.

The problem becomes that this does not take into account the dependencies of the dependencies, etc...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
That's basically what I had stated in my message.
That's not what you said at all. You said, and I quote:
...the game in of itself is technically free if i'm not mistaken since you can download the updater itself i think from the patreon without needing to pay for anything, it's just content access that is primarily locked behind patreon.
So what you said was:
  • the "game" (as in "VaM" itself) is free
  • content is locked behind a paywall
And as I posted before, that's just not true. To use any 3rd party content (whether it's free or paid) you first have to PAY for a license of VaM to be actually able to use that kind of content.

So without a "Creator" license for VaM (which you'll have to pay for!), you won't be able to enjoy (as in load, change and edit) any 3rd party content at all.

Nevermind, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same -- I just thought your way to say "VaM is technically free" was kind of misleading.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The problem becomes that this does not take into account the dependencies of the dependencies, etc...
That's why you use the "Hub browse" and then click on "Scan Hub For Missing Referenced Packages" instead of the package manager. ;-)

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes