4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Sure... but he was looking for ways to download/identify deps per scene, which isn't really a thing...

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
By the way...

Is there any way to know which .vars are NOT being referenced? My addonpackages folder is getting too big and I don't know what I can safely delete...

Sarmak_R

Apr 14, 2023
By the way...

Is there any way to know which .vars are NOT being referenced? My addonpackages folder is getting too big and I don't know what I can safely delete...
There's a mod and a few utilities you can use to manage addons. They all have their own pros and cons.

This is an in-game addon that uses BepinEx. It's very handy, and can load VAR's based entirely on what scene you are loading.

This one is what I currently use but I am not completely satisfied with, there doesn't seem to be a built in way to uninstall (you just remove from your addon packages folder) but overall it works well enough.

I like this one a lot, but honestly am a little too stupid to use effectively. I use the morphs preset maker function to see what morph packs I have installed, and the duplicate item resolver to remove dupes. However it doesn't seem to give you per var control of what you have installed, instead relegating it to save/var based dependencies.

This is a very good tool and will work for most folks.

This one I used for quite a while but eventually I gave up trying to wrestle with the constant crashes and occasional loading/unloading of a bunch of VAR's based on dependency.

This one seems like a crapshoot. It's no longer maintained and hasn't ever worked for me.

I'm sure I am missing some, but this is what I've found so far. Hope that helps!

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
There's a mod and a few utilities you can use to manage addons. They all have their own pros and cons.

This is an in-game addon that uses BepinEx. It's very handy, and can load VAR's based entirely on what scene you are loading.

This one is what I currently use but I am not completely satisfied with, there doesn't seem to be a built in way to uninstall (you just remove from your addon packages folder) but overall it works well enough.

I like this one a lot, but honestly am a little too stupid to use effectively. I use the morphs preset maker function to see what morph packs I have installed, and the duplicate item resolver to remove dupes. However it doesn't seem to give you per var control of what you have installed, instead relegating it to save/var based dependencies.

This is a very good tool and will work for most folks.

This one I used for quite a while but eventually I gave up trying to wrestle with the constant crashes and occasional loading/unloading of a bunch of VAR's based on dependency.

This one seems like a crapshoot. It's no longer maintained and hasn't ever worked for me.

I'm sure I am missing some, but this is what I've found so far. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I've never heard of any of them.

hopelesslol

Oct 23, 2020
If you're a Patreon subscriber, that's an issue you should message MeshedVR on Patreon about. But as a former subscriber I can tell you it's most probably an issue on your end and has nothing to do with the key, as the current key posted on Patreon does (still) work.
it's ok it's just mb i didnt have the good version of the game with the recent key x)

EdGuy69

Jun 28, 2022
Has anyone ever had an issue with tongue morphs? I recently made a Lara Croft look and for some reason the tongue is way too short, points upwards and can't be completely fixed with all the sliders available. Am I missing something or is there a particular set of sliders that fucks with the tongue specifically?

Pic for attention

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Has anyone ever had an issue with tongue morphs? I recently made a Lara Croft look and for some reason the tongue is way too short, points upwards and can't be completely fixed with all the sliders available. Am I missing something or is there a particular set of sliders that fucks with the tongue specifically?

Pic for attention
Yes, I also have weird problems with tongues.

My 2 known workarounds are:
disable/enable tongue physics using Givemefps plugin (if looks good with physics leave that on; else turn it off)
try to find a morph that fixes it: I just randomly select a tongue morph and try both + and - to see if it fixes. This may be hard because sometimes you will need a combination of morphs or download new morphs.

EdGuy69

Jun 28, 2022
Yes, I also have weird problems with tongues.

My 2 known workarounds are:
disable/enable tongue physics using Givemefps plugin (if looks good with physics leave that on; else turn it off)
try to find a morph that fixes it: I just randomly select a tongue morph and try both + and - to see if it fixes. This may be hard because sometimes you will need a combination of morphs or download new morphs.
Thanks dude, I'll try that. I remember there were certain morphs that messed with the glutes as well, "rg" morphs if I'm not mistaken. Haven't seen those again.

FutaTheBest

Feb 25, 2023
Hello! Does anyone have Juri SF6 - Female + Futa paid file by Shioro here? Shadowheart by paledriver and 2B by VaM_LO? Also paid clothing - Futa nails (hands and feet) by czgt959000? I would be insanely grateful if someone would share these files

HelixNL

Jul 24, 2018
Can anyone pleas help me?

I've recently gotten myself a new pc and the Meta Quest 3 for VR games, one of the titles I was very looking forward to was VaM, but unfortunately I can't seem to launch/play it properly.

Thus far I've tried to launch VaM both with Virtual Desktop and with the Link cable, both don't work properly.

Virtual desktop:
Upon launching VaM either via the VaM Updater > VR LAUNCH, the game will just start as usual with Virtual Desktop, that being just a virtual computerscreen floating in front of me and having very limited options. Basically I can't seem to launch it as if I'm in the 3D reality of the game itself, just replacing my physical screen with a virtual one.

Link cable:
Upon launching VaM with the Link cable I'm not even getting into the menu, but forever stuck sitting in a large white room with a grid and the VaM loading screen in front of me, never changing.

I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong, I hope anyone here might be able to help me with this, I would be very grateful.

these are my system specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.20 GHz
32,0 GB RAM
ROG STRIXX RTX 4070 TI

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm not familiar with the Quest 3 (or any Quest) headset, but let me ask this: can you use your headset with SteamVR? Meaning if you start SteamVR, do you get into an actual 3D world (your "Home") without Virtual Desktop?

If so, can you then try to use the "VaM (OpenVR).bat" file to start VaM and see if that works? At least that's how I start VaM in VR mode on my current (and on my previous) headset and it works fine: first start SteamVR, then use the batch file to start VaM in VR mode.

HelixNL

Jul 24, 2018
Hey theMickey_

I really appreciate your help.

I've tried your method by installing SteamVR and launching it. From there I could open the (OpenVR.bat) file, which placed me in a large open area with an aurora in the background under a starry night, with a block saying "VaM" and "Up next" below it.
Unfortunately I couldn't get further than that. Even if I added it to my steam library and ran it from there I would unfrotunately get the unending loading screen in the large white space.

I've added some other VR games from F95 to my steam library and those worked.

Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...with a block saying "VaM" and "Up next" below it. Unfortunately I couldn't get further than that...
No need to add it to your Steam Library at all.

But let me ask a question again: how long did you wait when you got the "Up next" screen for VaM...?! Because VaM can take quite some time (up to several minutes!) to start, especially if you already have installed a couple of addons like scenes, looks etc. -- and it gets even worse if VaM is installed on a HDD (instead of of a SDD/NVMe).

So please try it again: first time without using SteamVR and using the "VaM (Desktop Mode).bat" file to run the Desktop mode of VaM. Use a timer to see how long it takes to start. Then quit VaM, start SteamVR, wait until SteamVR is fully loaded, and this time use the "VaM (OpenVR).bat" file to start VaM in VR mode -- then wait at least twice as long as it took VaM to start in Desktop mode (this isn't usually twice as long, but just to be safe!).

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else will jump in who actually knows how to run VaM on your Quest 3 headset... At least I tried ;-)

// EDIT: I highly suggest to test a clean, unmodified (as in "freshly downloaded, no additional addons installed") version of VaM first to figure out the steps you need to do to run VaM in VR mode on your headset. Once you've figured it out, you can switch back to an already modified version and try again.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021

I've recently gotten myself a new pc and the Meta Quest 3 for VR games, one of the titles I was very looking forward to was VaM, but unfortunately I can't seem to launch/play it properly.

Thus far I've tried to launch VaM both with Virtual Desktop and with the Link cable, both don't work properly.

Virtual desktop:
Upon launching VaM either via the VaM Updater > VR LAUNCH, the game will just start as usual with Virtual Desktop, that being just a virtual computerscreen floating in front of me and having very limited options. Basically I can't seem to launch it as if I'm in the 3D reality of the game itself, just replacing my physical screen with a virtual one.

Link cable:
Upon launching VaM with the Link cable I'm not even getting into the menu, but forever stuck sitting in a large white room with a grid and the VaM loading screen in front of me, never changing.

I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong, I hope anyone here might be able to help me with this, I would be very grateful.

these are my system specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.20 GHz
32,0 GB RAM
ROG STRIXX RTX 4070 TI
1. Download and install Virtual Desktop (VD) streamer on your PC and your Quest 3.
2. Run it in your PC
3. Run it in your Quest 3 (You should now see your desktop streaming to your quest 3)
4. Right click the VD tray icon and select lanuch game
1699995643125.png

Matty

Jun 12, 2017
Can anyone recommend some session plugins to use as standard? I have JayJayWon's BrowserAssist and Redeyes DiviningLipsAndHands as standard. I'm still finding that scenes loaded, without changing preset atoms, miss their intended target so to speak, or bend and go in strange directions. Which in turn makes loading different presets into scenes almost certain to not work as intended.

I'm using VaM in desktop mode. I don't use VR mode.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can anyone recommend some session plugins to use as standard?
The only one I have as a default session plugin currently is the BrowserAssist as well. I once had a few additional ones which changed/added some menus and "quick actions" (like adding/removing atoms via hotkeys and such), but I forgot their exact names and haven't added them (yet) to my current setup.

I would definitely not add anything like "DiviningLipsAndHands", as this changes how characters "behave" in certain situations and therefore might interfere with scenes. Those kinda plugins I would add to selected scenes as scene plugins, but I don't want to have it active all the time.

Matty

Jun 12, 2017
The only one I have as a default session plugin currently is the BrowserAssist as well. I once had a few additional ones which changed/added some menus and "quick actions" (like adding/removing atoms via hotkeys and such), but I forgot their exact names and haven't added them (yet) to my current setup.

I would definitely not add anything like "DiviningLipsAndHands", as this changes how characters "behave" in certain situations and therefore might interfere with scenes. Those kinda plugins I would add to selected scenes as scene plugins, but I don't want to have it active all the time.
So it might be that which is causing the problems. I'll remove it then and see how it goes.
Thanks

RobertRick

Feb 19, 2020
Hey theMickey_

I really appreciate your help.

I've tried your method by installing SteamVR and launching it. From there I could open the (OpenVR.bat) file, which placed me in a large open area with an aurora in the background under a starry night, with a block saying "VaM" and "Up next" below it.
Unfortunately I couldn't get further than that. Even if I added it to my steam library and ran it from there I would unfrotunately get the unending loading screen in the large white space.

I've added some other VR games from F95 to my steam library and those worked.
What I do is simply put on the goggles, grab the remote controls, open the menu, click to open desktop, then file management, then the folder where I placed VirtuaMate, and finally double-click the Vam exe-file. It takes a while for the program to load, so a little patience is needed. But, you could try that, maybe?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes