4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Got to questions:
1: What happens if I rename VAM main folder (beside textures or things on another folder being unlinked)?
2: VAM does save data in another folder beside main directory? (I want to multiple VAM and I want to know if there can be problems)

Aug 4, 2021
Got to questions:
1: What happens if I rename VAM main folder (beside textures or things on another folder being unlinked)?
2: VAM does save data in another folder beside main directory? (I want to multiple VAM and I want to know if there can be problems)
You can rename the main Vam folder to anything you want, it still works.
I've used 2 Vam installations in the past but currently I stick to one main VaM.
You can pretty much make a fresh copy from vam, copy it anywhere you want and launch it. Your other VaM installations are not getting messed up or anything.

There are some logfiles which are pretty big for logs in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR" but Iam not sure if these are only for using VR or not.

Reactions: Streamcraft

omgmagi

Feb 16, 2018
Any idea what kind of specs you would need to run this thing at max (or nearly max) settings on VR? Anyone here with an RTX 4070 Ti or RTX 4080 have any insights?

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
You can rename the main Vam folder to anything you want, it still works.
I've used 2 Vam installations in the past but currently I stick to one main VaM.
You can pretty much make a fresh copy from vam, copy it anywhere you want and launch it. Your other VaM installations are not getting messed up or anything.

There are some logfiles which are pretty big for logs in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR" but Iam not sure if these are only for using VR or not.
got one folder wiht a text (14mb)
ty

Aug 4, 2021
Any idea what kind of specs you would need to run this thing at max (or nearly max) settings on VR? Anyone here with an RTX 4070 Ti or RTX 4080 have any insights?
"Max settings for VR"
Well there is not much you can set up to max. Maxing out the display resolution scale will melt your GPU for sure.
No matter what GPU you have, the limiting factor is the CPU. With the best 4090 Matrix, you will still get 30-50fps in some scenes.
I've heard, that IF VaM 2.0 will ever gets released it will be much much better but we will see.

Reactions: dark bob

dark bob

Jul 24, 2022
"Max settings for VR"
Well there is not much you can set up to max. Maxing out the display resolution scale will melt your GPU for sure.
No matter what GPU you have, the limiting factor is the CPU. With the best 4090 Matrix, you will still get 30-50fps in some scenes.
I've heard, that IF VaM 2.0 will ever gets released it will be much much better but we will see.
I confirm. I have a UFO on cpu.userbenchmark.com and my fps can fly between 20 and 90.

Reactions: Tomboy Enjoyer

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Just limit hair multiplier, that's the main performance killer. Many appearances will use it ludicrously high to look good on screenshots, sacrificing performance. So no spec can run this thing at max settings.

What I can say is that my RX6700XT does a very decent job in VR. The bottleneck is my Ryzen 5600. But I'm still happy with this setup. I'm currently using VD with SSW. (It doesn't like menus, but I think the extra fluidity is worth it)

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
Just limit hair multiplier, that's the main performance killer. Many appearances will use it ludicrously high to look good on screenshots, sacrificing performance. So no spec can run this thing at max settings.

What I can say is that my RX6700XT does a very decent job in VR. The bottleneck is my Ryzen 5600. But I'm still happy with this setup. I'm currently using VD with SSW. (It doesn't like menus, but I think the extra fluidity is worth it)
Is VAM too CPU heavy? I have the same cpu and a 3070 and It will stutter a lot from time to time in VR and make me nauseous lol.

Aug 4, 2021
Is VAM too CPU heavy? I have the same cpu and a 3070 and It will stutter a lot from time to time in VR and make me nauseous lol.
It never stutters after loading for me even with 1.25 render scale. Only have a 1080ti. Make sure, VaM does NOT use all cores (threads) via the task manager. Take away a few. I removed 4-5 out of 24 and I very rarely encounter one short stutter but only on heavy scenes.
Stupid thing is, you have to set this everytime you launch VaM.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
The issue with VAM lies in the limited options available to reduce CPU usage, yet there's potential to decrease GPU usage. The stutters you're encountering might be linked to the GPU, so experimenting with adjustments there could help. Consider using the Givemefps plugin.

theblackestguy

Oct 29, 2020
since youre all talking about performance...is there anyway to reduce the "too many heaps" error crash/ Im getting this a lot. already reduced the amount of plugins to minimum.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
since youre all talking about performance...is there anyway to reduce the "too many heaps" error crash/ Im getting this a lot. already reduced the amount of plugins to minimum.
There is a memory optimization thing in the options. I set it to optimize on scene load. Also close your internet browser (and any other stuff using memory) when playing. It helps.

Aug 4, 2021
I had 16GB of ram before, now I have 32 but I still encounter this error very rarely. Best thing counter this, adjust your pagefile.
I explained how I set it when I had 16GB of ram here
https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-mate-v1-20-77-9-meshed-vr.6881/post-11184050
With 32GB ram I lowered the pagefile to 40GB.

Last edited:

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
It never stutters after loading for me even with 1.25 render scale. Only have a 1080ti. Make sure, VaM does NOT use all cores (threads) via the task manager. Take away a few. I removed 4-5 out of 24 and I very rarely encounter one short stutter but only on heavy scenes.
Stupid thing is, you have to set this everytime you launch VaM.
No stutters in VR? really? wow, then i must be doing something wrong. How do you remove the threads in the TM?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes